Butler Predictions...

• 95 replies
Re: Butler Predictions...
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2018, 07:28:21 PM »
Mullin is either arrogant or stupid or maybe both. A 9 game losing streak and he hasn't made one adjustment offensively or on the defense. Maybe he doesn't give a$hit and he's happy to take the money. This is the poorest coached team in the history of St Johns B B . It's over . You cold send Mullin out to recruit with a bag of $100 bills and He'll come home empty. If he really cares about the University he'll resign.
Would go with arrogant and stubborn not stupid. See I can say nice things about Chrissy.

Poison

« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2018, 07:36:37 PM »
Mullin is either arrogant or stupid or maybe both. A 9 game losing streak and he hasn't made one adjustment offensively or on the defense. Maybe he doesn't give a$hit and he's happy to take the money. This is the poorest coached team in the history of St Johns B B . It's over . You cold send Mullin out to recruit with a bag of $100 bills and He'll come home empty. If he really cares about the University he'll resign.

The lack of adjustments is how we know he’s not able to do this. His die hard fans might say he’s stubborn but that he deserves the same time other coaches were given. There’s nothing left to learn about Chris Mullin the coach.

« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2018, 07:40:42 PM »

The lack of adjustments is how we know he’s not able to do this. His die hard fans might say he’s stubborn but that he deserves the same time other coaches were given. There’s nothing left to learn about Chris Mullin the coach.
His die hard fans aren't saying he is stubborn they think he hung the moon.

« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2018, 08:08:57 PM »
You guys seem to be enjoying this way too much.
+1000
+1000
Stupid. +999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999.         Yeah spent almost 700 dollars on season tickets to watch lousy basketball. Wear St. John's tees, shorts, sweats, caps so i can be ridiculed by total strangers. More like you guys don't mind the losing because you are sadomasochists (I know F$ckFoad is).
Stupid. +999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999.         Yeah spent almost 700 dollars on season tickets to watch lousy basketball. Wear St. John's tees, shorts, sweats, caps so i can be ridiculed by total strangers. More like you guys don't mind the losing because you are sadomasochists (I know F$ckFoad is).
Not ridiculing u. In fact I get a kick out of most of your posts. But poison, who I think is a very passionate fan, seems to hate Mullin.

And sometimes it comes across as if some on the board would rather us continue to lose in hopes of getting Mullin out.

By the way, I spend the same for seasons tix since 1974 and am as pissed about current situation as anyone on either boards..

Hate is too strong a word. I dislike him. Absolutely. I dislike anyone who is as arrogant as Chris Mullin. He had no business even sugghesting that he could do this job with zero experience. Why anyone here believed he could is embarrassing.

In the post quotes on the red storm site Mullin said that in 7/10 BE games we were close. He also said that we have talent. And that our core 5/6 guys have improved. Ponds has regressed. Clark was decent a month ago. He’s awful now. Yakwe showed some signs of improvement, but his improvement is pretty hard to identify in conference play.

Mullin is looking for reasons for people to believe in him. I had enough of the vanity after Lavin, but at least weren’t winless when he was here.

St.John’s University isn’t smart enough to recognize what a terrible hire they made. Combine that with a rookie coach, a rookie staff and we have a full on disaster. That’s what I hate. I don’t hate Mullin.
I get it. Life long, die hard Mets, Giants, Knicks and Rangers fan, but Johnnies are the team that I bleed for. It’s depressing.

I guess I hate the idea of having to start over yet again.

Poison

« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2018, 09:28:26 PM »
+1000
+1000
Not ridiculing u. In fact I get a kick out of most of your posts. But poison, who I think is a very passionate fan, seems to hate Mullin.

And sometimes it comes across as if some on the board would rather us continue to lose in hopes of getting Mullin out.

By the way, I spend the same for seasons tix since 1974 and am as pissed about current situation as anyone on either boards..

Hate is too strong a word. I dislike him. Absolutely. I dislike anyone who is as arrogant as Chris Mullin. He had no business even sugghesting that he could do this job with zero experience. Why anyone here believed he could is embarrassing.

In the post quotes on the red storm site Mullin said that in 7/10 BE games we were close. He also said that we have talent. And that our core 5/6 guys have improved. Ponds has regressed. Clark was decent a month ago. He’s awful now. Yakwe showed some signs of improvement, but his improvement is pretty hard to identify in conference play.

Mullin is looking for reasons for people to believe in him. I had enough of the vanity after Lavin, but at least weren’t winless when he was here.

St.John’s University isn’t smart enough to recognize what a terrible hire they made. Combine that with a rookie coach, a rookie staff and we have a full on disaster. That’s what I hate. I don’t hate Mullin.
I get it. Life long, die hard Mets, Giants, Knicks and Rangers fan, but Johnnies are the team that I bleed for. It’s depressing.

I guess I hate the idea of having to start over yet again.

We’re 0-10. What are we losing if we start over? We might as well start over with a head coach that’s been a head coach. Fran, Jarvis and Lavin all made the tournament. All were head coaches. In 13 years, Mahoney, Roberts and Mullin danced once - and we only danced in 93 because David Cain had a miracle season.

This team has no depth (Mullin’s fault) but these are upperclassmen that don’t know what they’re doing. LoVett may already be gone. Ponds might leave. Owens is free to go. This wait till next year we’ll be loaded talk could end up being a rebuilding year.

« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2018, 12:19:11 AM »
Is Owens on track to graduate this year? That seems to be the consensus but so we actually know that? I would be surprised to see Ponds go. It was said earlier that he has regressed and I'm not sure how to figure that. His 3pt percentage is down but everything else (2pt%, reb, assists, ft% and pts) are all up.

Not sure why everyone is so butt hurt about an away loss to Butler.

« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2018, 12:53:28 AM »
Ponds has been hurt all season ( wrist and knee ) and hes gutting it out. Drives today he had no finish and the wrist has affected his shot all season.

« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2018, 01:19:58 PM »
Is Owens on track to graduate this year? That seems to be the consensus but so we actually know that? I would be surprised to see Ponds go. It was said earlier that he has regressed and I'm not sure how to figure that. His 3pt percentage is down but everything else (2pt%, reb, assists, ft% and pts) are all up.

Not sure why everyone is so butt hurt about an away loss to Butler.
Maybe because it was blowout city from the opening tap (19-2) and puts us at 0-10 in BE. Just a thought. maybe it's just me.

« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2018, 02:12:17 PM »
I saw someone post this on Redmen....  This is Tariq Owens' dad.

Renard buys houses‏
@eljefe132
Men lie women lie numbers don’t. You go 6-8 1-1 from 3. No reason he not getting 12-15 shots a game. With everyone else shooting so bad. Run more stuff for #11. If I was Tariq I would shoot every time I touch the ball no matter what. He not selfish won’t do it

Poison

« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2018, 02:37:35 PM »

Renard buys houses‏
@eljefe132
Men lie women lie numbers don’t. You go 6-8 1-1 from 3. No reason he not getting 12-15 shots a game. With everyone else shooting so bad. Run more stuff for #11. If I was Tariq I would shoot every time I touch the ball no matter what. He not selfish won’t do it

Mullin doesn’t run plays for anyone. That’s an angry dad, and he’s got every right to be. We need more people to let Mullin know that he needs to step down.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 02:39:21 PM by Poison »

Johnny23

« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2018, 02:51:53 PM »

Renard buys houses‏
@eljefe132

Normally I don't like parents doing this type of thing on social media but Owens' dad is absolutely right.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 02:52:24 PM by Johnny23 »

TONYD3

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2018, 02:59:24 PM »

Renard buys houses‏
@eljefe132

Normally I don't like parents doing this type of thing on social media but Owens' dad is absolutely right.
I have Twitter. Don’t use it that much. When I do I check what this guy says. For the most part he is very positive.

« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2018, 03:01:52 PM »

Renard buys houses‏
@eljefe132

I have Twitter. Don’t use it that much. When I do I check what this guy says. For the most part he is very positive.
True and now even he is throwing some shade at Mullin. Guess he has reached his limit of blind support.

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2018, 03:29:40 PM »

Renard buys houses‏
@eljefe132

True and now even he is throwing some shade at Mullin. Guess he has reached his limit of blind support.

Yes I am sure a real coach would run his offense through Tariq Owens

paultzman

« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2018, 04:04:12 PM »

Renard buys houses‏
@eljefe132

Yes I am sure a real coach would run his offense through Tariq Owens

😊😊😊

Poison

« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2018, 06:01:59 PM »
Would go with arrogant and stubborn not stupid. See I can say nice things about Chrissy.

Mullin was a gym rat. He had an incredible feel for the game as a player. You could say that he had a high basketball IQ, but that’s not the same as being intelligent in life. He doesn’t have the type of personality that can own a room the way Lou Carnesecca did, and for that matter, Lavin.

Not saying he’s stupid, or that he lacks intelligence but what decisions has he made that we’re aware of off the court that would make anyone think he’s particularly intelligent?

The more time he spends with Steph Curry and the Warriors, the more people think he’s the guy that assembled that team. He actually had nothing to do with it.