Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck

• 1170 replies
Re: Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck
« Reply #1100 on: March 23, 2015, 07:50:52 PM »
I'd rather u ask him who we are signing in April?

A new staff

hnk

« Reply #1101 on: March 23, 2015, 07:52:28 PM »
Is there a chance Iona gets Paschall...close to home for him?

« Reply #1102 on: March 23, 2015, 07:53:15 PM »

No chance, going bigtime

« Reply #1103 on: March 23, 2015, 07:54:03 PM »
I'd rather u ask him who we are signing in April?
64k question? lol

« Reply #1104 on: March 23, 2015, 11:26:17 PM »
probably just a rumor , but the guy who covers pitt for rivals tweeted this

Matthew Steinbrink ‏@MattSteinbrink  3h3 hours ago
@jmattera83 Lavin is out. We will see.
3 retweets 2 favorites
Reply  Retweet3  Favorite2
 his origional tweet said there is another major opening tomorrow referring to SJU, and he thinks they are working to secure B Hurley
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 11:27:48 PM by valgoth »

Poison

« Reply #1105 on: March 23, 2015, 11:42:40 PM »

3 retweets 2 favorites
 his origional tweet said there is another major opening tomorrow referring to SJU, and he thinks they are working to secure B Hurley

Hope it's true. Bring in dad to be an assistant coach. The new president could mean new life at St.John's.

« Reply #1106 on: March 24, 2015, 07:19:15 AM »
I'm close with all the Hurley's and I like Bobby a lot but he hasn't proven a thing yet.

To say Bobby Hurley hasn't proven enough is debatable, but to say that Hurley hasn't "proven a thing" is just foolish and flat out false.

Two years ago, I would have agreed with you.  Hell, after last season I might have agreed with you, but he made the dance and his team played a five seed down to the last seconds.  They showed more fight than we did against an eight seed.  His Buffalo team was beating undefeated soon-to-be national champion, Kentucky, by five at the half in Lexington and they were up on Wisconsin in Madison at the half as well.

Bobby took over for a fired coach that won only 14 games prior.  He signed a guy in a matter of days that won the MAC Player of the year this year.  He signed a dynamic point guard in his first month that just averaged 15.4 and 4.6 and dropped 15 on West Virginia.  He followed that up by signing a fantastic freshman PG this past season that can play in the Big East and went for 8 and 6 against WV. 

This year he signed a top Juco prospect from Midland and a former top 75 recruit--to SUNY BUFFALO--a team that never danced before Hurley took over.  His credibility among high school guards is out of this world.  He would have landed IB if he were here...no doubt in my mind.

Is there a risk with taking a guy that essentially was only a co-head coach for three years and a head coach in the MAC for just two years?  Sure.  But, unlike Norm Roberts, everything in this guy's past suggests he will excel here.

How many winning seasons in the MAC would Bobby have to have for you  think he has accomplished something? Because Buffalo is going to win 30 games next season, and then it will be too late. 

He's proven he can identify and develop talent.  He's proven he can recruit transfers.  He's proven he can recruit JUCOs.  He's proven he's a strong x's and o's coach.  He's proven he can game plan.  He's proven he can motivate his team.  He's proven he can rebuild a program. 

Given the choice, I'd still rather Dan. That being said, I think Lavin will be the HC next season.

Tha Kid

« Reply #1107 on: March 24, 2015, 12:18:38 PM »

3 retweets 2 favorites

Hope it's true. Bring in dad to be an assistant coach. The new president could mean new life at St.John's.

Imagine Dad would come only if he's otherwise going to retire - he alone is keeping St. Anthony's open isn't he?
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #1108 on: March 24, 2015, 12:24:25 PM »
Thanks coach Lavin, Good luck

« Reply #1109 on: March 24, 2015, 03:51:39 PM »

Baldi will have to see how the majority of fans feel about Hurley before declaring if he is pro or con on Hurley .
What is the over under on Marillac bailing on Hurley after team wins 14 games next year?

Tha Kid

« Reply #1110 on: March 24, 2015, 03:52:38 PM »

Baldi will have to see how the majority of fans feel about Hurley before declaring if he is pro or con on Hurley .
What is the over under on Marillac bailing on Hurley after team wins 14 games next year?

And then becoming his #1 fan 2 years later when he takes us to the Sweet 16.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #1111 on: March 24, 2015, 03:52:50 PM »

No chance, going bigtime

Bigger than Iona? NJIT?

« Reply #1112 on: March 24, 2015, 04:05:24 PM »
I love We are SJU and tha kid, Marillac also

« Reply #1113 on: March 24, 2015, 04:25:48 PM »

3 retweets 2 favorites

Imagine Dad would come only if he's otherwise going to retire - he alone is keeping St. Anthony's open isn't he?

If he retires the school will close. It is why he has never left. I did some charity work there last year and its truly an amazing place. Help a lot of kids escape from falling through the cracks.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #1114 on: March 24, 2015, 04:45:40 PM »
Hurley Senior is a saint for what he has done for that school and the Jersey city community.  Some people can't get past how hard he can be on his players, but he truly believes that this is how he needs to be to get those kids to respond, both on the court and in life.  Few people would have stayed in that situation and turned down millions, which Hurley Sr. most certainly has.

« Reply #1115 on: March 24, 2015, 05:11:05 PM »

3 retweets 2 favorites

If he retires the school will close. It is why he has never left. I did some charity work there last year and its truly an amazing place. Help a lot of kids escape from falling through the cracks.
I'm guessing you have Dave, but did everyone else see the documentary on Hurley, Sr.  very well done.  I think we cannot go wrong with either Hurley or Lavin, just a matter of "more right."

« Reply #1116 on: March 26, 2015, 03:49:33 PM »
Bump.

boo3

« Reply #1117 on: March 26, 2015, 05:02:57 PM »
Bump.

What's Wormer saying today?   One day you will be right....and you will rejoice.. 

« Reply #1118 on: March 26, 2015, 05:12:28 PM »
Bump.

What's Wormer saying today?   One day you will be right....and you will rejoice.. 
Soon

« Reply #1119 on: March 26, 2015, 05:13:08 PM »
this is all hilarious. 

twitter "know it all" JayOn said yesterday 3 year extension.
national media saying extension
respected national college basketball analyst Andy Katz saying extension

Baldi and Albano saying fired.

who to believe....  lol
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:13:34 PM by redmen4life »