Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck

• 1170 replies
Re: Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck
« Reply #780 on: February 04, 2015, 07:06:04 AM »

If you really believe that, than you don't remember the Norm years that well.  They started out 2-8 in the Big East that year and finished 6-12!!!!!

You can say Lavin did the "same thing with juniors" last year, but it isn't true.  First, he went 10-8 in conference. 

If you compare the 6-12 vs 10-8 you should give all the dates:

2009-10:  6-12. Eight Big East teams went to the NCAA Tournament. 5 ranked teams.
2013-14: 10-8.  Four Big East teams went to the NCAA Tournament. 2 ranked teams.

« Reply #781 on: February 04, 2015, 08:14:23 AM »

Darkest and lowest  in St Johns history?  That would go to Jarvis, not Norm. Roberts brought us out of hell  with  steady improvement  and kids we could actually enjoy rooting for.  Lavin won with Norms players, than  threw the team back into purgatory where we remain. I feel like I need a shower after watching his teams play, disgusted

what was the "darkest & lowest moment" under Jarvis..?

His chats with WFAN and the Hatten and Shaw cheech and chong impersonation probably set the downward spiral in motion.  Another coach who left the place worse than when he got here

boo3

« Reply #782 on: February 04, 2015, 09:35:23 AM »
If a couple of guys smoking a spliff in a car is the " darkest moment" then things aren't that bad.  Hatten was already out of school when that occurred I think.

Lowest point was the Pitt Scandal.   Hands down 

« Reply #783 on: February 04, 2015, 09:38:17 AM »
If a couple of guys smoking a spliff in a car is the " darkest moment" then things aren't that bad.  Hatten was already out of school when that occurred I think.

Jarvis was gone before Pitt, but they were his players. Paying that 3rd string center didn't help things

boo3

« Reply #784 on: February 04, 2015, 09:43:25 AM »
Agree that Jarvis was indirectly responsible for Pitt.  That was def the all time low point.

This stuff now can be fixed.  I actually think the AD needs to be replaced first, then a new Ad can get his man.  Monasch will never get the right the guy. 

Is it true he is sleeping with ( dating?) a staff member
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 09:44:29 AM by boo3 »

« Reply #785 on: February 04, 2015, 09:47:36 AM »
Agree that Jarvis was indirectly responsible for Pitt.  That was def the all time low point.

This stuff now can be fixed.  I actually think the AD needs to be replaced first, then a new Ad can get his man.  Monasch will never get the right the guy. 

Is it true he is sleeping with ( dating?) a staff member

Exactly, AD to go first

Wods317

« Reply #786 on: February 04, 2015, 10:51:43 AM »
Can we not bring up the Norm years in this debate please, that's over and done with and it was horrible. This game was an absolute disaster. These kids are just so undisciplined and whether it's the way they are coached or jsut there personalities Lavin is still at fault because he recruited them. We are on year 5 and we still have no offensive sets and are only 6 deep, that's a huge issue. I really liked the Lavin hire and I think although he has been a big disappointment that he has helped grow the brand and run a pretty clean program. If that's enough for you then fine but expectations are consistent ncaa appearances and consistently top 3 in the conference. I think it's time for a change, want a coach and not just a salesman this time around.

The program hasn't been entirely clean during the Lavin error

Hence why I said pretty clean, if you read the post. I know it was long so that's my fault. Overall agree with a lot of the guys AD goes then Lavin goes. If we are keeping Monasch then I have zero faith in him hiring a new coach. I used to deal with him a little bit while working at the University and I don't have much respect for the man at all.

redslope

« Reply #787 on: February 04, 2015, 11:59:23 AM »
The best thing now is that we have a new university president who is not afraid to make changes that "upset the apple cart".  He has been to basketball games, unlike his predecessor, and hopefully he will changes things beyond the academic environment.  Change is good and we need it after this season.  4 straight seasons with the coach's selected players and without a trip to the NCAA's is not acceptable.  The coach has brought this on himself.

« Reply #788 on: February 04, 2015, 12:28:47 PM »

Hatten was already out of school when he and Shaw was caught token up.  Shaw was still in school, but was removed from the team, afterwards.   

« Reply #789 on: February 04, 2015, 12:45:34 PM »

Darkest and lowest  in St Johns history?  That would go to Jarvis, not Norm. Roberts brought us out of hell  with  steady improvement  and kids we could actually enjoy rooting for.  Lavin won with Norms players, than  threw the team back into purgatory where we remain. I feel like I need a shower after watching his teams play, disgusted

what was the "darkest & lowest moment" under Jarvis..?

"I know Grady didn't do this, so why should I suspend him?"

« Reply #790 on: February 17, 2015, 04:13:09 PM »
If I told told you Lovett won't be eligible and Diallo is going to Kentucky....

hnk

« Reply #791 on: February 17, 2015, 04:19:37 PM »
No need for this!

« Reply #792 on: February 17, 2015, 06:13:58 PM »

Wouldn't surprise me. Would still take LoVett.

« Reply #793 on: February 17, 2015, 06:24:25 PM »

love your optimism about our program.

« Reply #794 on: February 17, 2015, 06:25:52 PM »

This is the truth

« Reply #795 on: February 17, 2015, 06:31:01 PM »

This is the truth

It is, however, when i said **our** program, you were not included in that, never have been included in that, and never will be included in that.

distinct difference.

« Reply #796 on: February 17, 2015, 10:59:58 PM »

If I told you there was a troll from a school no one has heard of in New Rochelle.

« Reply #797 on: February 17, 2015, 11:05:52 PM »

If I told you there was a troll from a school no one has heard of in New Rochelle.

the board is turning on baldi quicker than the hall locker room on Willard....#ionaconnection

« Reply #798 on: February 18, 2015, 01:37:33 AM »
look i think it would be more of a shock if diallo comes here than KU, i mean really look at the stability there. Lovett you roll the dice . plenty of spots to fill and maybe one of the euro guards

Wods317

« Reply #799 on: February 18, 2015, 12:33:10 PM »
Every loss people post on here negative stuff. Just wait until the end of the season. Lavin isn't getting fired with 5 games left. Let the season and the recruiting play out and then the leadership at the school will make a decision.