Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck

• 1170 replies
Re: Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck
« Reply #800 on: February 18, 2015, 01:21:51 PM »

If I told told you Lovett won't be eligible and Diallo is going to Kentucky....

love your optimism about our program.

This is the truth

The "truth" has been unearthed by Sherlock Baldi! These conclusions are based on his thorough and thoughtful review of all posts on SJU message boards so they must be accurate. ;)

TONYD3

« Reply #801 on: February 18, 2015, 02:09:05 PM »
Why does the AD need to go? Baseball, women's. Basketball, soccer and Lacrosse very good. Men's basketball is not bad . Could be better. Attendance is up. I assume we are making plenty from fox sports. Why is it mentioned on here that the AD should be fired ?

boo3

« Reply #802 on: February 18, 2015, 02:19:10 PM »
One loss after 3 straight wins and MB bumps this thread....  come on man... Let the season play out... Miss the tourney and get the pitchforks out..  This is nonsense.  Lots of basketball yet to be played.

Marillac

« Reply #803 on: February 18, 2015, 02:31:19 PM »

Yesss!
It's a celebration...Baldi put the mush on Lovett qualifying and Diallo going to UK.

Thanks buddy.

« Reply #804 on: February 18, 2015, 02:51:05 PM »

Yesss!
It's a celebration...Baldi put the mush on Lovett qualifying and Diallo going to UK.

Thanks buddy.

Jedi mind trick

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #805 on: February 18, 2015, 08:01:10 PM »
Why does the AD need to go? Baseball, women's. Basketball, soccer and Lacrosse very good. Men's basketball is not bad . Could be better. Attendance is up. I assume we are making plenty from fox sports. Why is it mentioned on here that the AD should be fired ?

Men's Basketball has been disfunctional, that is te driving force for Atheltics in the university. Something has to change.  Also, the Presidebt may want to bring in one of his guys, and a new coach since Lavin contract is almost up.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #806 on: February 18, 2015, 08:44:16 PM »
One loss after 3 straight wins and MB bumps this thread....  come on man... Let the season play out... Miss the tourney and get the pitchforks out..  This is nonsense.  Lots of basketball yet to be played.

lets be fair to Baldi. He was also against Norm for most of his time here and started multiple threads and brought back to life multiple threads calling for Norm's head and to wish him well at his next stop while very correctly pointing out all of his deficiencies etc.

oh wait...........   :)

LoganK

« Reply #807 on: February 18, 2015, 09:08:39 PM »
Tomorrow marks the 11 month anniversary of Lavin resigning.  How's he doing at USC?

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #808 on: February 18, 2015, 09:22:36 PM »
The link is from the WSJ that talked about the new SJU Preisdent...I defiantly think he will be engaged more in basketball operations. Being a quant guy he is definitely into stats and numbers.http://www.wsj.com/articles/st-johns-moves-on-from-scandal-with-first-lay-president-1423878184
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #809 on: February 19, 2015, 07:35:54 AM »

100% agree with boo3. This has been an up and down season to say the least. But my viewpoint has been the same throughout. If they make the tournament, extend Lavin. If they don't, fire him. 

Tha Kid

« Reply #810 on: February 19, 2015, 09:44:09 AM »
Baldi is exposing himself if he wasnt already exposed.  Whether or not he's a st johns fan, he aint rooting for this st johns team.  he's rooting for losses so lavin will go/he will be right.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #811 on: February 19, 2015, 10:18:38 AM »
The link is from the WSJ that talked about the new SJU Preisdent...I defiantly think he will be engaged more in basketball operations. Being a quant guy he is definitely into stats and numbers.http://www.wsj.com/articles/st-johns-moves-on-from-scandal-with-first-lay-president-1423878184

can you post the article?

« Reply #812 on: February 19, 2015, 01:08:05 PM »
Baldi is exposing himself if he wasnt already exposed.  Whether or not he's a st johns fan, he aint rooting for this st johns team.  he's rooting for losses so lavin will go/he will be right.

Sounds familiar, but no
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 01:44:13 PM by Marco Baldi »

goredmen

« Reply #813 on: February 19, 2015, 01:38:58 PM »

100% agree with boo3. This has been an up and down season to say the least. But my viewpoint has been the same throughout. If they make the tournament, extend Lavin. If they don't, fire him. 

How the hell does he deserve an extension for just making the tournament this year? Making the tournament as a 10 seed and getting bounced by the 7 would be a failed season and a failed tenure by these seniors IMO

boo3

« Reply #814 on: February 19, 2015, 01:47:39 PM »
 All these "what ifs".. Just let it play out..    What if they get in and somehow win two games?  Then he is a great coach and deserves one?  IF they get in and lose a 1st rounder at the buzzer he should be fired?   Makes no sense...  Let the damn thing play out. 

Brining in a Hurley or a Massielo next year isn't changing the program overnight.. If you think it will, you are lost...

Poison

« Reply #815 on: February 19, 2015, 02:31:40 PM »

How the hell does he deserve an extension for just making the tournament this year? Making the tournament as a 10 seed and getting bounced by the 7 would be a failed season and a failed tenure by these seniors IMO

It's way too soon to discuss what we're gonna do in the tournament.

goredmen

« Reply #816 on: February 19, 2015, 02:37:33 PM »

It's way too soon to discuss what we're gonna do in the tournament.

I wasn't predicting anything. I was just asking how is just making the tournament considered a success with this team this year

desco80

« Reply #817 on: February 19, 2015, 03:07:09 PM »
All these "what ifs".. Just let it play out..    What if they get in and somehow win two games?  Then he is a great coach and deserves one?  IF they get in and lose a 1st rounder at the buzzer he should be fired?   Makes no sense...  Let the damn thing play out. 

Brining in a Hurley or a Massielo next year isn't changing the program overnight.. If you think it will, you are lost...

I agree with all of this.
Wait, let things play out.   And the outcome of any single game shouldn't determine his fate. 
Frankly, by now the administration should know whether they want him back or not.    There's no litmus test here.

« Reply #818 on: February 19, 2015, 08:48:51 PM »
I was just asking how is just making the tournament considered a success with this team this year

Because were St. John's, that's how.  We've been to the tournament once in the last 13 years.  Any time we crack the final 68 it's a break out the bubbly fire up the marching band event.

goredmen

« Reply #819 on: February 19, 2015, 09:20:34 PM »
I was just asking how is just making the tournament considered a success with this team this year

Because were St. John's, that's how.  We've been to the tournament once in the last 13 years.  Any time we crack the final 68 it's a break out the bubbly fire up the marching band event.

Perhaps that's part of the reason the reason we've been so mediocre this past. If mediocrity is accepted there's no motivation to become great