Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck

• 1170 replies
Re: Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2014, 03:26:40 PM »
I'm not the only 1 who heard this. I'm the only one to post it. If my scoop was wrong, so be it. We will be having the same discussion a year from now

« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2014, 03:35:21 PM »
If my scoop was wrong, so be it.

Stick to picking places to eating chicken wings and staring at fat chicks. That is more your wheel house.

mkras99

« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2014, 03:35:37 PM »
I'm not the only 1 who heard this. I'm the only one to post it. If my scoop was wrong, so be it. We will be having the same discussion a year from now

So you're saying you'll post a Lavin gone rumor three straight years?  Last year he was gone to USC, this year he was just gone.  What will it be next year?

« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2014, 03:39:54 PM »
Baldi, with all the incorrect rumors sent out these days, I'm glad to read some scuttlebutt every now and then, even it is more butt than scuttle - lol...

« Reply #164 on: March 24, 2014, 03:41:41 PM »
At this point, I could post pretty much anything and you'll have to believe it. But I don't do that. I post what I heard, would be nice if others did the same

paultzman

« Reply #165 on: March 24, 2014, 03:44:02 PM »
Getting back to Lav, will he make some staff changes?

« Reply #166 on: March 24, 2014, 03:46:50 PM »
At this point, I could post pretty much anything and you'll have to believe it. But I don't do that. I post what I heard, would be nice if others did the same
If you hear it, share it ... great motto.

mkras99

« Reply #167 on: March 24, 2014, 03:49:45 PM »

I hope so.

« Reply #168 on: March 24, 2014, 03:51:15 PM »
Should Lavin return. Maybe he should actually interview the asst coaches this time

Tha Kid

« Reply #169 on: March 24, 2014, 04:10:15 PM »
I get as frustrated as anyone by Baldi when he trolls, but this wasn't one of those posts. He's not the type that claims he hears inside info all the time.  If Baldi hears something I'm happy he posts it, whether the rumor ends up being right or wrong.

If Lavin is returning I really hope it comes w new assistant coach or two.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #170 on: March 24, 2014, 04:11:51 PM »

I dont see it. Chiles has done a great job recruiting, Whitesell just joined and he is very close with Hines

« Reply #171 on: March 24, 2014, 04:16:43 PM »

I would think Chiles or Hines are gone.
How do you justify keeping them if you let Lavin stay?

paultzman

« Reply #172 on: March 24, 2014, 04:20:35 PM »

If Hines' forte is supposed to be player development, I think he should be held accountable. No loss in my opinion.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 04:21:30 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2014, 04:23:09 PM »
btw Cleanthony Early went to juco upstate - why werent we all over him from day one?  Baylor, Alabama Missouri and Wichita State recruited him - why didnt we?

« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2014, 04:25:57 PM »

If Hines' forte is supposed to be player development, I think he should be held accountable. No loss in my opinion.

I agree - the staff should be held accountable just like the kids are.  Having Keady around makes us look like even more of a circus act....Hines and Chiles are as incompetent as the head coach.  The jury is out on Whitesell.

« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2014, 04:29:13 PM »

Regardless of whether an asst coach is an excellent, great or good recruiter, I have seen from viewing the Terps inside that all the assts are expected to develop the players.  Considering how Rico was raved about from the beginning on how he can prepare players for professional play, I am dismayed to read many posts stating the players are not developing.  What's the underlying truth? 

« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2014, 08:42:40 PM »
What I never understood with Lavin is that he wanted to install a zone defense and could have hired Tim O'Toole. Made no sense.

« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2014, 08:44:24 PM »
Should Lavin return. Maybe he should actually interview the asst coaches this time

Wait I thought this was a done deal?

« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2014, 08:48:44 PM »

Wait I thought this was a done deal?

I never believe Baldi about anything, but if Jordan or Obekpa leave too it makes sense for him to skedaddle.

« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2014, 09:17:03 PM »
Pointer and Obekpa are the 2 guys in my opinion that are wildcards.  When they play well we win and when they struggle St. John's struggles.  I thought Rico was brought in with a reputation of being able to develop?   I felt Pointer at the end of the his soph season was ready to take a step forward offensively.  His junior season was a disappointment.  Talk about a guy with physical tools but can't put it together.  Obekpa showed glimpses of his potential - soft touch, jump hook, ability to pass the ball.  He also showed why he for the 2nd yr in a row was a 4 PPG, 5 RPG player.  I thought he was integral in our winning streak.  He opens the court up when he gets touches and is a classic doesn't need to score to impact the game guy.  The guards may be at fault for not feeding him the ball when he gets position but I expected more from him.   IF in fact the staff is getting a makeover then we need coaches who are strong recruiters, strong coaches and can develop. 
Follow me @ek_underdog