Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck

• 1170 replies

Tiznow

Re: Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck
« Reply #180 on: March 24, 2014, 10:08:02 PM »
I'm not the only 1 who heard this. I'm the only one to post it. If my scoop was wrong, so be it. We will be having the same discussion a year from now

You have a pretty empty life.  Did you enjoy making prank calls as a kid? 

Tiznow

« Reply #181 on: March 24, 2014, 10:11:38 PM »
Getting back to Lav, will he make some staff changes?

I would think Chiles or Hines are gone.
How do you justify keeping them if you let Lavin stay?

If Hines' forte is supposed to be player development, I think he should be held accountable. No loss in my opinion.

We're all disappointed but this is harsh man.  I guess from a distance we can say just about anything.

« Reply #182 on: March 24, 2014, 10:18:41 PM »
I don't get the negativity towards Chiles.  We have recruited well, and by all accounts he is the second most instrumental person at that, behind the head coach, who always has to seal the deal IMO.

« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2014, 08:50:29 PM »
wow!

Jay @JayOn_1
Sources.: Lavin may go from gettin extension to get to getting bought out of contact soon #Sjubb

uwsfan

« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2014, 09:02:08 PM »
wow!

Jay @JayOn_1
Sources.: Lavin may go from gettin extension to get to getting bought out of contact soon #Sjubb

Please dont tease. i hope this is true.

If true, the full court press needs to be put on Gregg Marshall asap. That guy would hang multiple Nat Championship banners in Carneseca before he retired. Something he will never do at Witchita St with mid major talent. This should in fact be the main point of the pitch to him. He's wasting his life & career in Wichita where he has a ceiling but at a major conf school with major conf talent he can be a hall of famer

goredmen

« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2014, 09:05:13 PM »
wow!

Jay @JayOn_1

I hope this guy defines soon. The sooner the better

goredmen

« Reply #186 on: March 26, 2014, 09:06:21 PM »
wow!

Jay @JayOn_1

Please dont tease. i hope this is true.

If true, the full court press needs to be put on Gregg Marshall asap. That guy would hang multiple Nat Championship banners in Carneseca before he retired. Something he will never do at Witchita St with mid major talent. This should in fact be the main point of the pitch to him. He's wasting his life & career in Wichita where he has a ceiling but at a major conf school with major conf talent he can be a hall of famer

I guarantee you Marshall would not come here unless we make him the highest paid coach in college hoops. And we obviously won't do that

« Reply #187 on: March 26, 2014, 09:09:10 PM »
sucks that Mas is damaged goods now....

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #188 on: March 26, 2014, 09:28:17 PM »

Or perfect time for redemption...It's the Vicintian way. It depends on what exactly he lied about...He is just a few credit short from graduating. Very embarrassing, but not a killer yet...As long as this is it.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #189 on: March 26, 2014, 09:37:35 PM »

Or perfect time for redemption...It's the Vicintian way. It depends on what exactly he lied about...He is just a few credit short from graduating. Very embarrassing, but not a killer yet...As long as this is it.

Rutgers didn't seem to mind Eddie Jordan didn't graduate, why should we?

« Reply #190 on: March 27, 2014, 01:05:37 PM »
interesting jayon_1 is saying that seeing they won't buy out last 2 years, coach may still leave and they would put rico in charge for a season ( kids really like him). Porbably just speculation but its funny how within a week we are going from extension to buyout.

« Reply #191 on: March 27, 2014, 01:11:58 PM »
It bothers me that Lavin is out in LA right now doing TV with Fox Sports. Does he really think now is a good time to be away from campus?

« Reply #192 on: March 29, 2014, 09:09:53 AM »
Won't  be long now

« Reply #193 on: March 29, 2014, 10:23:14 AM »
interesting jayon_1 is saying that seeing they won't buy out last 2 years, coach may still leave and they would put rico in charge for a season ( kids really like him). Porbably just speculation but its funny how within a week we are going from extension to buyout.

If Lavin were to leave, I can't see any way possible that Rico is the HC next season

« Reply #194 on: March 29, 2014, 11:03:36 AM »

If Lavin were to leave, I can't see any way possible that Rico is the HC next season

Seriously, that would be ridiculous. Go after Archie!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

sju89tr

« Reply #195 on: March 29, 2014, 03:40:55 PM »

While your at it might as well ask Keady to be head coach LOL

If Lavin leaves, the staff would be blown up but perhaps Whitesall (as an outsider per se) could hold down the fort.

Tony worked his ass off but he couldn't do it.

« Reply #196 on: March 29, 2014, 04:01:31 PM »
How would Danny Hurley be perceived?

sju89tr

« Reply #197 on: March 29, 2014, 04:08:08 PM »

I don't think the bad feelings between St Johns and his father would be an issue but Hurley is unproven as a coach at this point. I personally would not have any issues with him should the job open

« Reply #198 on: March 29, 2014, 05:33:49 PM »

I don't think the bad feelings between St Johns and his father would be an issue but Hurley is unproven as a coach at this point. I personally would not have any issues with him should the job open

I am intrigued by Danny Hurley too, but I dont know if he won enough at URI this year though.

I know this may not be popular, but if Lavin left, i say put the full court press on Jim Calhoun. 

After Calhoun, go after Pitino's son.  Here is his current contract structure at Minnesota:

http://deadspin.com/heres-richard-pitinos-minnesota-contract-complete-wi-470877141/all

IMO this contract can be matched - since we dont have big time football and hockey just give him seasons tickets to the Giants and Rangers (or Knicks if he wants that).

You can argue that Minnesota is in the Big 10 but it is also in Minnesota.  NYC is a better destination than Minnesota.

Poison

« Reply #199 on: March 29, 2014, 05:38:38 PM »

If Harrington left without paying for his crimes, which involved stealing, STJ has no right to point a finger at Mass