Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck

• 1170 replies
Re: Thanks Coach Lavin, good luck
« Reply #260 on: April 04, 2014, 01:12:34 AM »
Imo, go hire a guy for half the price that knows how to coach and spends his life sitting in gyms looking for talent.  Like I said, Mckillop wasn't the sexy name in the last several hires, but we'd have been thriving now.  We don't need a big name.  We need somebody who has fire and knows basketbsll.  This roster turnover is absurd.

Gimme a guy like Ed Cooley who is tireless, loves his city and who wants to build a program the right way.
Cooley was underestimated by many, and has pushed on despite some set backs he experienced in recruiting and with his squad.
Boy did he get beat up on this site.

Yeah, I owe him an apology myself.  Cooley is no-nonsense and can coach too.  He isn't going to make excuses nor take recruiting seasons off. 
shurinaCheese got beat up to, are you going to apologize to him too?  :)

paultzman

Foad

« Reply #262 on: April 04, 2014, 09:16:10 AM »
Blood in the water;

http://nypost.com/2014/04/03/note-to-st-johns-lavin-hasnt-earned-an-extension-yet/

Blood in the water? Powderpuff in the water:

"Dabbling with prosperity .... Nobody is clamoring for his exile ... Lavin’s first four years certainly have earned him two more."

Can'r blame Vaccaro for not knowing what's going on, SJ is irrelevant. He has no reason to pay attention.

derk

« Reply #263 on: April 04, 2014, 09:23:56 AM »
So now we have 2 years on pins and needles waiting to see:

1. If anyone else transfers.
2. We can field a full team for 14-15 that is not filled with walkons.
3. If admin buys out a negotiated contract.
4. We somehow sign the right coach.
5. We don't blow the 14-15 recruiting class.

This place is freaking unbelievable !

Marillac

« Reply #264 on: April 04, 2014, 10:04:13 AM »
What are all you guys kevetching about? Even after our last scholarship player deserts the program Lavin is sure to field the greatest all walkon team ever. We will win over 20 games and make a deep run in the NCAA T. Even now Lavs is scouring the intermural games and Marillac cafeteria for players. There, have I finally got this right now?
What are all you guys kevetching about? Even after our last scholarship player deserts the program Lavin is sure to field the greatest all walkon team ever. We will win over 20 games and make a deep run in the NCAA T. Even now Lavs is scouring the intermural games and Marillac cafeteria for players. There, have I finally got this right now?
Is there an NCAA rule that prohibits woman from playing.  If not we could always raid the woman's team.LOl

Obviously no such rule...did you watch them rebound last year?

paultzman

« Reply #265 on: April 08, 2014, 08:18:42 AM »
@CoachMikeDunlap: When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror.

Quite relevant. Step up Coach L. & turn this around.

Foad

« Reply #266 on: April 08, 2014, 08:58:46 AM »
@CoachMikeDunlap: When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror.

I'm pretty sure Lavin already spends a lot of time looking in the mirror.

Poison

« Reply #267 on: April 08, 2014, 09:02:34 AM »

Lavin has better hair and metaphors than Brian Mahoney, but outside of that, that's who he looks like.

gman

« Reply #268 on: April 08, 2014, 11:03:26 AM »
Rex chapman stealing baldis material calling cal to the lakers a lock.

« Reply #269 on: April 08, 2014, 11:09:17 AM »
 Brian was Louie's frontman in Recruiting and did a good job.. And, he did, along with Rutledge, got Felipe, Zendon, etc TO PLAY HERE..

The problem was  widely known, that Brian had failed badly at Coaching Manhattan and really wasn't up to Louie's job. It showed when he did nothing with a team loaded with MCD All Americans.. from a talent standpoint..

Fran did a little better with Felipe's team but, not up to the expectations heralded in their freshman year.

Marillac

« Reply #270 on: April 08, 2014, 11:28:37 AM »

Lavin has better hair and metaphors than Brian Mahoney, but outside of that, that's who he looks like.

Lavin is looking a little rough these days:

desco80

« Reply #271 on: April 08, 2014, 11:30:01 AM »
Saw on some of the Cats boards that fans don't believe it... and you'll never guess why:

Because they don't believe the AD and Cal would've let Antigua leave if Cal was really going to step down.  They presume he's the heir to the throne.

LJSA

« Reply #272 on: April 09, 2014, 03:28:53 AM »
I know Antigua has some supporters on this board, but I find it ludicrous that he's viewed as anything greater than seventh in line for the throne. There's only a handful of guys who wouldn't bother to hear what Kentucky had to say if approached by them.

gman

« Reply #273 on: April 09, 2014, 08:29:27 AM »
Still waiting for baldis statement of fact to come true. Done deal

« Reply #274 on: April 09, 2014, 07:59:18 PM »

Need to hire a president first. r. Inept from top to bottom
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:03:37 PM by Marco Baldi »

gman

« Reply #275 on: April 09, 2014, 08:41:03 PM »

You used the words done deal. Do you know the definition of done deal? Now you are back tracking. Stop posting in absolutes and I won't have issues with your posts.

« Reply #276 on: April 09, 2014, 08:57:30 PM »

You used the words done deal. Do you know the definition of done deal? Now you are back tracking. Stop posting in absolutes and I won't have issues with your posts.

Give him a minute, he needs to look up "absolutes."

« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2014, 09:20:40 PM »

Right after I look up idontgivearatsarse

« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2014, 09:23:33 PM »

OK it took you 39 minutes.  Sue me.

The People At Iona...

« Reply #279 on: April 09, 2014, 09:34:57 PM »

OK it took you 39 minutes.  Sue me.

The People At Iona...

Was dropping a deuce