Jaren Sina - PG - Gill St. Bernard's School - Gladstone, NJ - SETON HALL

• 280 replies
I have a bigger man crush on Jaren than anyone but I think his chances of coming to St. John's are slim to none.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

Totally agree Dave...    if SHU cuts ties with Carr, I think he ends up there.

paultzman

Most of us IMO have not given Sina a thought in some time.

Most of us IMO have not given Sina a thought in some time.

I don't think SJU is recruiting him. 

paultzman

“@EvanDanielsFOX: Jaren Sina just informed Scout that he will announce his decision tonight at 7:00.”

Moose

“@EvanDanielsFOX: Jaren Sina just informed Scout that he will announce his decision tonight at 7:00.”

Does UVA getting their recent committ, knock them out?
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

Does UVA getting their recent committ, knock them out?

I would think

Happy

I believe he will pick Northwestern... Only way he picks the hall is if he knows Carr won't make it to campus.

paultzman

I believe he will pick Northwestern... Only way he picks the hall is if he knows Carr won't make it to campus.

like that choice as well, just a gut feeling.

paultzman

“@jeffborzello: Per @Joshua_Newman, Jaren Sina -- expected to announce tonight -- is down to Rutgers, Seton Hall and Northwestern. Former Alabama commit.”

Moose

“@jeffborzello: Per @Joshua_Newman, Jaren Sina -- expected to announce tonight -- is down to Rutgers, Seton Hall and Northwestern. Former Alabama commit.”

Won't be Rutgers IMO
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 04:15:39 PM by Moose »

Happy

Won't be Rutgers IMO

I agree I would be shocked if he does chose Rutgers.  Previous reports were that he wanted to stay close to home.. So who knows. Shame we don't have extra ships for '13 :)

paultzman

“@AdamZagoria: 2013 Gill St. Bernard's PG Jaren Sina is expected to commit to Northwestern, sources told @SNYtv. Great get for Bill Carmody & Freddie Hill.”

paultzman

Carr may never get there.

“@NJHoopsHaven: It's Northwestern for Sina. Good fit for his game. Was a Seton Hall lean before the Aquille Carr commitment.”

“@NJHoopsHaven: Sina's dad/coach Mergin said N'western was the best overall fit between academics, style of play and opportunity. Jaren also loves Chicago”
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 05:39:26 PM by paultzman »

Moose

“@AdamZagoria: 2013 Gill St. Bernard's PG Jaren Sina is expected to commit to Northwestern, sources told @SNYtv. Great get for Bill Carmody & Freddie Hill.”

Fred Hill is there?????

crgreen

http://www.sippinonpurple.com/2011/6/6/2209716/northwestern-hires-fred-hill-as-assistant-coach

In the comments section of that story on Hill - if this is the mindset of the NU fanbase, a pretty good indicator of why Northwestern has long been nowheresville in hoops:  "NU could have Phil Jackson, Larry Brown, or Coach K as the assistant coach, and it would not matter. The head coach in college bball is the main guy, recruiting and coaching, so it doesn’t matter at all."

I mean, is this clown really SERIOUS?  Does he have any idea how top level college hoops actually works these days?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:26:11 PM by crgreen »

Northwestern is a tremendous school and plays in a terrific conference, so I can see the appeal.  This has to be viewed as a tough loss for both Rutgers and Seton Hall though - a kid in their backyard who has expressed a desire to stay local, who both teams heavily recruited, and yet he chooses a school that isn't exactly a basketball powerhouse.  I understand that people believe Carr's commitment played a role in Sina's choice, but surely he was well aware of Carr's apparent precarious academic situation.  And even so, the Hall staff could have sold him on the ability to play with a guy who has Carr's ability (from what people say of his skills).   

pmg911

Heard rumblings that the coach at Northwestern might be out and that if he is out Sina will not go there...

That would be very interesting. I have not heard his name much this season.