Jaren Sina - PG - Gill St. Bernard's School - Gladstone, NJ - SETON HALL

• 280 replies

paultzman

“@ECoastBias: Re: Sina: the Hall needs talent, but has a PG. Rutgers needs talent, has 2 PGs. St. John's needs direction, looking at Philly's Jordan...”

Poison

“@ECoastBias: Re: Sina: the Hall needs talent, but has a PG. Rutgers needs talent, has 2 PGs. St. John's needs direction, looking at Philly's Jordan...”

All true.

I know Dave and others have said he might not be the best fit for our program -  what are the reasons behind that thinking?

A top 100 PG opening up this late in the need - and our 1 need is PG - I would have to think we would at least inquire?

I don't want him because we don't have a point guard. I want him because we lack smarts and shooting. I trust branch at the point.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

I don't want him because we don't have a point guard. I want him because we lack smarts and shooting. I trust branch at the point.

Me too.  Never seen him play but I believe the knock on him is that he's more of an SG in a PG's body.  Good news is that we need a guard of any kind who can shoot / make plays.  He could be a fit in that role

Classy move by Northwestern and their AD.

paultzman

“@TheRecruitScoop: 2013 PG Jaren Sina will be released from his letter of intent at Northwestern & has schools all over him - http://recruitscoop.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1485165

Theo must have access. Anyone?

“@TheoRabinowitz: According to an article by @TheRecruitScoop, St. John's will be a possibility for Jaren Sina. #stjbb”
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:21:07 PM by paultzman »

I have a feeling we will be mentioned with quite a few transfers and renegs this spring.

If he's a knockdown shooter and a smart player then we could really use him. If D'Angelo comes back we have enough next year without Jordan. I rather go for Sina, long term.

Not sure why anyone would be against us getting this kid. Do we not complain constantly about having "too many athletes, not enough bball players"? Well here's a kid who can shoot, and supposedly has a high IQ, and is rivals top 150. What's the problem?

Moose

We've watched Archipoddamus, Doolin, and other less athletic players school us over the years.  Give me a 4 yr player like him any day of the week.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:37:36 PM by Moose »
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

We've watched Archipoddamus, Doolin, and other less athletic players school us over the years.  Give me a 4 yr player like him any day of the week.

Agree

crgreen

If he's a knockdown shooter and a smart player then we could really use him. If D'Angelo comes back we have enough next year without Jordan. I rather go for Sina, long term.

Disagree.   Rysheed's moved up to 5 star, and top 25 player in the class (currently #22 per ESPN).   You have a chance to land a top 25 player you TAKE him.  A top 25 talent is a huge step up for our recruiting.  As Far as I can tell, SJU hasn't landed a top 25 recruit in more than a decade (Sir Dom is our highers at #35).

Sina's a nice player but the highest I've seen him ranked is 24th best at his posiition - unranked in the top 100s.

Disagree.   Rysheed's moved up to 5 star, and top 25 player in the class (currently #22 per ESPN).   You have a chance to land a top 25 player you TAKE him.  A top 25 talent is a huge step up for our recruiting.  As Far as I can tell, SJU hasn't landed a top 25 recruit in more than a decade (Sir Dom is our highers at #35).

Sina's a nice player but the highest I've seen him ranked is 24th best at his posiition - unranked in the top 100s.

Dom was 25th by espn if I'm not mistaken.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

MCNPA

We need a smart guard who can shoot.  Sina is both of those things.  Not saying he's Rysheed, but he's crafty and can stick the outside shot.  I love Rysheed's game, but we might get left behind with him. Maybe Dave is right and that Sina's not worth pursuing, but somehow I think he might be able to help us run our offense better, and at worst he's a backup PG.  Rysheed should be pursued first for sure, but I'd take a commit from Sina if Jordan chooses another school.  Kid reminds me of Kyle McAlarney and we could do much worse.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:49:10 PM by MCNPA »

We need a smart guard who can shoot.  Sina is both of those things.  Not saying he's Rysheed, but he's crafty and can stick the outside shot.  I love Rysheed's game, but we might get left behind with him. Maybe Dave is right and that Sina's not worth pursuing, but somehow I think he might be able to help us run our offense better, and at worst he's a backup PG.  Rysheed should be pursued first for sure, but I'd take a commit from Sina if Jordan chooses another school.  Kid reminds me of Kyle McAlarney and we could do much worse.

CR is spot on.  If you have a chance it is Rysheed by a country mile.  Norm Roberts settles for Sina.

And Kyle McALarney is not analogous to Sina.

Dom was #25 in ESPN's final rankings.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2011/view/super60/sort/rank/order/true
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:00:27 PM by chronicbucks »

What Moose said x100. It's a no brainer for this program.

Based on what others have said, seems to me that he is going to end up at Seton Hall.  Rutgers has Mack, who will be good next year (not sure who East Coast bias thinks is there other PG, because Carter isn't one IMO).  And I don't know who East Coast bias believes is Hall's PG.  I don't see one.

Moose

I just want stability.  I see upperclassmen leading these teams in the Dance.  Rysheed has been quoted numerous times about his desire for NBA.  Mentioned how he wants to support his siblings etc.  Everyone knows my take on the lack of names in 14.  Sina would be a stable force IMO.
Remember who broke the Slice news