Jaren Sina - PG - Gill St. Bernard's School - Gladstone, NJ - SETON HALL

• 280 replies
Shockingly...Sina just committed to Alabama

I talked with Sina a few weeks ago and he said he had 5 offers Rutgers, St. John's, Seton Hall, LaSalle, James Madison.

In the article posted above David Berov reported that he had offers from Seton Hall, Cincinnati, Rhode Island, Alabama, La Salle, Rutgers, James Madison, Florida State, Georgetown and St. John’s.

Meaning he picked up another 5 offers. He certainly didn't visit all of these schools and I find it odd that he would commit. Either Evan got a bad scoop or I doubt this commitment sticks
Grant had Sina down to their "Elite " camp this summer. That's when he got their offer.

Sina's father is a promoter (he calls up someone I know after every game to tell him his son's stats), but my bet would be on Grant in this case.

I talked with Sina a few weeks ago and he said he had 5 offers Rutgers, St. John's, Seton Hall, LaSalle, James Madison.

In the article posted above David Berov reported that he had offers from Seton Hall, Cincinnati, Rhode Island, Alabama, La Salle, Rutgers, James Madison, Florida State, Georgetown and St. John’s.

Meaning he picked up another 5 offers. He certainly didn't visit all of these schools and I find it odd that he would commit. Either Evan got a bad scoop or I doubt this commitment sticks
Grant had Sina down to their "Elite " camp this summer. That's when he got their offer.

Sina's father is a promoter (he calls up someone I know after every game to tell him his son's stats), but my bet would be on Grant in this case.

I stand corrected on Alabama. He's going to be a really good ball player.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

I stand corrected on Alabama. He's going to be a really good ball player.
TK is very high on him as well, but worries about him burning out.

It'll be interesting to see if this one sticks. If he continues to improve, the bigger fish will get interested.

I like a kid, Levi Randolph, that they signed for 2011. Good 2/3 with size, a nice stroke, a 3.9 GPA, and a really nice kid.

This commitment won't stick. Guess where his girlfriend is going to school next year? Guess where her dad went to school?

Whatever happens though Jaren is a great kid, who works extremely hard, and I wish him the best of success with whatever happens.

Played really well this weekend. He's a terrific shooter and passer. If anyone gets to see his AAU team play this summer they are in for a treat. Hoops Heaven Heat (NJ)

Booksnball

• "Success Comes To Those Who Prepare for It through
Gave a "verbal" to Alabama. Seems that there is someone at his school (administration- alumni ?) with a major connection to Alabama. That & Bama coach Grant & Jaren/family really hit it off.  Verbal gives him the option to change his mind & teenagers being who they are-he's one to maintain contact with.
RK

ESPNU Super 60 guard Jaren Sina is re-opening his recruitment per his father/coach. 2013 picked Alabama last year as a soph.

Moose

Shockey ::)
Remember who broke the Slice news

LJSA

Does he come here?

MCNPA

Does he come here?

I wouldn't doubt he'd be an option.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahahahahahaahaha!
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Moose

I meant to type Shocked.  No clue why I typed Shockey.  But its clear the effect was the same :)

I meant to type Shocked.  No clue why I typed Shockey.  But its clear the effect was the same :)
Thought you were referring to Jeremy. Could you explain your meaning of shocked? Why so?

Moose

Thought you were referring to Jeremy. Could you explain your meaning of shocked? Why so?

Kind of came out of LF.  I think it was on Redmen where the discussion was had and I made a statement that it wouldn't hold up.  Early commitments have a tendancy to open up and thats why they scare the daylights out of me.  Alabama seemed random.  I think there was talk of his girl going there or something.  You can't pick a college on that.

Strong quotes from Dad.  Mentions us as well.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20111004/NJSPORTS0150/310040042/Sina-pulls-commitment-from-Alabama
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:38:59 PM by Moose »

Mergin Sina said his son has no new favorite right now, but mentioned that the local Big East schools are firmly in the mix.

“Rutgers, Seton Hall and St. John’s were there when we started (the recruiting process), and they’re still there,” he said.

http://blogs.mycentraljersey.com/hoopshaven/2011/10/04/jaren-sina-re-opens-big-east-locals-in-the-mix/

Moose edits his post right before I add Carino's article myself...LOL!!!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:43:16 PM by fordham96 »

Kind of came out of LF.  I think it was on Redmen where the discussion was had and I made a statement that it wouldn't hold up.  Early commitments have a tendancy to open up and thats why they scare the daylights out of me.  Alabama seemed random.  I think there was talk of his girl going there or something.  You can't pick a college on that.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/article/20111004/NJSPORTS0150/310040042/Sina-pulls-commitment-from-Alabama
Gotcha, thanks. But just remember St J's transfer 7' C Rob Cornegy went to Bama.  :)  By the way Anthony Grant is building a good progrm at Bama and they have two real good incoming freshman in Levi Randolph and Trevor Lacey.

lol wut?

Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

Seton Hall Rivals now giving these odds for him

Seton Hall 71.3%
Rutgers 30.3%
SJU 7.5%

Apparently math isn't their strong suit

Rutgers will be a big player for Sina

Here's a little part of a STJ/Sina article from Rivals yesterday:

http://stjohns.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1300551

St. John's has done a great job of recruiting Sina and was one of the first schools to inquire about the 6-1 point guard when he re-opened his recruitment. "Absolutely," coach Sina said of St. John's being in the picture. "I know [assistant] coach [Tony] Chiles very well. We grew up playing basketball together. He's already made contact with us and obviously they're going to recruit Jaren.

"Jaren's wide open right now but St. John's is definitely in the hunt as well." Coach Sina and assistant Chiles close relationship shouldn't hurt St. John's chances of landing the guard either.