Jaren Sina - PG - Gill St. Bernard's School - Gladstone, NJ - SETON HALL

• 280 replies

pmg911

This kid will not leave NJ..  it will be either RU or SHU.

Moose

Does leaving NJ also include NY which is a hop skip and jump away?  Come on.
Remember who broke the Slice news

dR3w

Does leaving NJ also include NY which is a hop skip and jump away?  Come on.

Must be a Seton Hall fan :)

pmg911

Gil St. Bernard is scrimmaging St. Anthony tonight, wonder if we will have anyone in the building.

Moose

http://floridastate.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1306794&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

I'm not a member so not sure if there is anything new in this.

Not much-

The competition is fierce, though. Sina has offers from Alabama and UVa in addition to Cincinnati, Miami, Penn State, Rutgers, Seton Hall, and St. John's.

If those choices weren't enough, the Gill St. Bernard's School (Gladstone, N.J.) prospect says he's hearing from some schools that make up a who's-who of basketball elite.

"Recently, I've been hearing from Stanford, Villanova, Kansas, Northwestern and Syracuse," he added.

In terms of a timeframe, Sina said his biggest focus is to not make the same mistake he made 11 months ago, when he thought he was done with the recruiting process, but rather to let the pick come when the information has, too.

"I know now that there is so much to this decision and you can't rush into it," he said. "When I feel like it's the right fit, that's when I'm going to make the decision. But right now, I don't think that's something I'm anywhere close to ready to do."

While he said he has no visits on the horizon, Sina is still excited about the schools that he's looking at as well as the fact that his high school team is looking to tip off its season in the next week.

pmg911

I would not be surprised to see this kid make a choice sooner rather than later.

I would not be surprised to see this kid make a choice sooner rather than later.

PMG thinks he come to St Johns?

paultzman

Seton Hall or Ruters

paultzman

Rutgers, Sorry!

pmg911

While it was only a scrimmage game last night, Gil St. Bernard took it too St. Anthony last night from what i was told.

Spoke to someone who was in the gym this morning and they said it was a packed house and Gil clearly won and was clearly the better team.

Sina made at least 6 3pt shots and Gil made almost 20 as a team. He said Anderson didn't play well at all.

One coach told me. . Jaren was who everyone was there to see but Merign Sina was just as impressive on the sidelines. Guy told me his kids were super sharp, well prepared, played very smart ball and were clearly coached at a high level.

Gil heads to City of Palms this weekend and they are playing Ricoardo Gather's team on Friday.

Thanks pmg, I'm liking this kid. Let's get him

pmg911

Marco - 2 weeks ago I would have said it was a two horse race between Rutgers & SHU but no clue now. New schools getting involved hard in the past couple of weeks.

Marco - 2 weeks ago I would have said it was a two horse race between Rutgers & SHU but no clue now. New schools getting involved hard in the past couple of weeks.

I guess that's why he wanted to wait? Are we even on his radar? Is the staff even recruiting him?

Moose

I guess that's why he wanted to wait? Are we even on his radar? Is the staff even recruiting him?

There was article earlier in this thread I beleive from about a month ago that talks about the fathers relationship with Chiles and how we are among his suitors.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 08:43:35 AM by Moose »

Jaren and Gil St. Benard team play together all year round. The same guys play for Hoop Heaven Heat. It's a 3 headed monster with Jaren, Alex Mitola (Dartmouth), and Dom Hoffman (Bucknell). Honestly my favorite team to watch.

They will be playing my high school CBA (NJ) January 14th as a part of the Hoop Group Boardwalk Showcase.

http://www.hoopgroup.com/hoopgroup/team-tournaments/highschoolshowcase/boardwalk-hoop-group-showcase/schedule.php
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

MCNPA

If he stays local, SJU a great choice.  We certainly need a PG, and this kid can not only pass but really shoot.  Hopefully our staff is in his ear, but I still think they like  Rysheed Jordan as their prime PG pick of the 2013 class.  Rysheed is big, fast and can pass and score. 

Alex Kline reporting that with Carr's verbal to SH, Sina is no longer considering them. Could open the door for us.

NYCoffey

Hate to be negative, but wouldn't you think if Branch committed to St Johns that Sina would take us off his list? Either would be great at this point but both would be better.