Terrence Samuel - PG - South Shore - Brooklyn, N.Y. - UCONN

• 52 replies
Re: Terrence Samuel - PG - South Shore - Brooklyn, N.Y.
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 10:12:57 PM »
He's a big, strong guard. He needs to develop more of an outside game and he often excels due to his superior strength and size. He's getting recruited at a proper level. St. John's hasn't really been in contact with him lately and if they were interested in anyone on that team it's Jordan Washington.

There are a ton of good PG prospects in '13-'14 classes.

Starting with Rysheed Jordan.

Hearing Samuel is definitely feeling Iowa St.

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 10:22:45 PM »
He's a big, strong guard. He needs to develop more of an outside game and he often excels due to his superior strength and size. He's getting recruited at a proper level. St. John's hasn't really been in contact with him lately and if they were interested in anyone on that team it's Jordan Washington.

There are a ton of good PG prospects in '13-'14 classes.

Rysheed Jordan is the priority at this point.

There is a lot to go around in Philly with Jaquan Newton, Shep Garner on a lower tier too there is Yacob Yosef and Britton Lee
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

crgreen

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 10:26:06 PM »
Evan Daniels thinks in the end Samuel's may end up a Johnnie:

*Finally there is three-star guard Terrence Samuel out of New York. Samuel says that Villanova and Cincinnati are the two schools at the top of his list right now, but do not sleep on St. John’s in this one. In fact a pair of sources both said that at the end of the day they think the Red Storm are in the best position to land Samuel.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=75&f=1043&t=7544902

Are we going to become the East Coast version of Point Guard U?

East coast version of UCLA?   Got the right coach for it...

Guy

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2011, 10:39:35 PM »
Samuel's Facebook says University of Cincinnati

gman

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2011, 08:44:41 PM »
“Iowa State, Cincinnati, Penn State, Temple and VCU,” replied Samuel when asked what schools were recruiting him the hardest.

In the past we would have been in that group.  I can't wait to see us land a MCD's AA point guard.   

Moose

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2011, 09:02:08 PM »
“Iowa State, Cincinnati, Penn State, Temple and VCU,” replied Samuel when asked what schools were recruiting him the hardest.

In the past we would have been in that group.  I can't wait to see us land a MCD's AA point guard.   

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Kyle and Gathers will both be McDonald's AA's.
Remember who broke the Slice news

crgreen

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 09:48:09 PM »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Kyle and Gathers will both be McDonald's AA's.

I think Kyle is a lock.  Ricardo - I'm not so sure.  There are SO many good bigs this year - the McD folks are likely to have to pick some guys listed as Centers as PFs to make up the squads:  Bigs rated ahead of Ricardo include centers Drummond, Austin, Coleman, McGarey, Tarczewski, Bidley, Robert Carter, Tony Parker, Shaquille Cleare and Robert Upshaw.  PFS ranked higher include Brandon Ashley, Anthony Bennett, Amile Jefferson, Jarnell Stokes, Perry Ellis,  Shaq Goodwin and Grant Jarrett (tho some classify Jarrett as a 5)....

That's a lot of bodies.   It will be intersting to see if the SJU mojo has attained enuf Gravitas under Steve to push Ricardo over the top when it comes selection time....

Moose

« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 10:33:41 PM »

I think Kyle is a lock.  Ricardo - I'm not so sure.  There are SO many good bigs this year - the McD folks are likely to have to pick some guys listed as Centers as PFs to make up the squads:  Bigs rated ahead of Ricardo include centers Drummond, Austin, Coleman, McGarey, Tarczewski, Bidley, Robert Carter, Tony Parker, Shaquille Cleare and Robert Upshaw.  PFS ranked higher include Brandon Ashley, Anthony Bennett, Amile Jefferson, Jarnell Stokes, Perry Ellis,  Shaq Goodwin and Grant Jarrett (tho some classify Jarrett as a 5)....

That's a lot of bodies.   It will be intersting to see if the SJU mojo has attained enuf Gravitas under Steve to push Ricardo over the top when it comes selection time....

He's such a unique player I think it will get him the nod.  A bull/beast of his size and athleticism.  Plus the Lavin/STJ snowball effect.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2011, 01:50:53 PM »

I believe that Gathers has a real good shot...  28 points and 13 rebounds against Mr. Drummond tells me so.

crgreen

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2011, 04:01:28 PM »

I believe that Gathers has a real good shot...  28 points and 13 rebounds against Mr. Drummond tells me so.

A Lavin signee  named Sean Phaler once hung 55 on Lenny Cooke - didn't get him a McD bid..   That was at the old Addidas Big Time Tourney in Vegas back in 2001.  Phaler was the tourneys leading scorer, and made 1st team all-tourney along with Cooke, Carmelo, Ray Felton and Taquan Dean.    Others who DIDN'T make 1st team:  Trevor Ariza, Mario Bogans, Brad Buckman, Paul Davis, Jason Frasor, Elija Ingram, LeBron James, Drew Neitzel, Leon Powe, Alan Ray, Anthony Roberson, Brandon Roy, Mustafa Shakur, Josh Smith, Sebastian Telfair, Michael Thompson, Matt Walsh, CJ Watson, Deron Williams, Antoine Wright...(it was a BIG tourney back in the day).

I'm just not sure Ricardo comes in with enuf gravitas to make the cut.    Doesn't mean he's not as good or BETTER than kids that might make it ahead of him.   We'll have to see.    Some voters are going to look at his Profile on Scout or Rivals and say - No Duke in his list of schools?  No UNC?  No Kentucky?  No Ohio State?  No Florida?  No Michigan State?  No UCLA?  No Arizona?   How can he be McD quality?

LJSA

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2011, 05:44:09 PM »

I'm just not sure Ricardo comes in with enuf gravitas to make the cut.    Doesn't mean he's not as good or BETTER than kids that might make it ahead of him.   We'll have to see.    Some voters are going to look at his Profile on Scout or Rivals and say - No Duke in his list of schools?  No UNC?  No Kentucky?  No Ohio State?  No Florida?  No Michigan State?  No UCLA?  No Arizona?   How can he be McD quality?

I think Gathers is going to put up crazy numbers this season -- among the most impressive in the country ... but you're right.

MCNPA

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2011, 05:51:53 PM »
Hard to say.  Only so many spots.  The kid is a pure PF and should be competing with that group, not the centers.  Remember that some of the players at the top of the food chain might not be eligible due to post-grad year.   I don't think Drummond qualifies and some other might not as well.

gman

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2011, 06:42:18 PM »
per zags twitter

AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
The Playaz-South Shore game was stopped at 3:12 b/c of a fight between Neville Fincher and Terrence Samuel.

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2011, 07:54:13 PM »
per zags twitter

AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
The Playaz-South Shore game was stopped at 3:12 b/c of a fight between Neville Fincher and Terrence Samuel.

I'm surprised the 2 laziest guys on the court would have the initiative to start a fight

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 12:21:30 AM »
UConn is now expressing interest in 2013 South Shore (NY) guard Terrence Samuel after the Huskies saw him play today.

http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/167052747617730560

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 12:53:25 AM »
UConn is now expressing interest in 2013 South Shore (NY) guard Terrence Samuel after the Huskies saw him play today.

http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/167052747617730560

Huskies take him!

I like Shepard on that team a lot more. He's going to make an A-10 program pretty damn happy.

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 03:47:02 AM »
i agree with Dave IMO Samuel has been overrated for a minute I wish him the best because he is from BK but I never saw the growth in the game I was excepting
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

paultzman

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2012, 10:37:31 AM »
“@AdamZagoria: Brooklyn South Shore SG Terrence Samuel will visit UConn Friday”

paultzman

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2012, 11:07:18 AM »
“@Coast2CoastHoop: We believe that UConn has a huge chance at landing 2013 PG Terrence Samuel today on his visit.”

sju89tr

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2012, 11:15:01 AM »
UCONN is going to load up on bench guys with the hope that some star power follow. I think they have a bumpy road ahead rebuilding,.