Ishmail Wainwright - SF - Raytown South - Raytown, MO - BAYLOR

• 263 replies

Moose

Re: Ishmail Wainwright - SF - Raytown South - Raytown, MO
« Reply #100 on: November 01, 2011, 07:33:29 AM »
Article was posted earlier. Its definitely not the greatest news possible but at least were amongst his favorites and well get a visit or two.

Remember that package deal of Sampson and McGary to Kentucky?

Yeah that worked out well.
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #101 on: November 01, 2011, 07:37:03 AM »
Article was posted earlier. Its definitely not the greatest news possible but at least were amongst his favorites and well get a visit or two.

Aree with moose on this one.  Most of the time those deals don't come to fruition.  It seems that Wainright likes SJU and UCLA the best barring an unlikely package deal to UK which it seems Randle is pushing. I think that in the SJU vs ucla department, we're probably ahead as Wainright seems to really like Lavin and there are some connections there.  To me, the article seems quite encouraging.

« Reply #102 on: November 01, 2011, 08:34:17 AM »
Article was posted earlier.

Where?  On this board?  I scrolled back and I don't see anything plus the article is dated 10/31.

Was it posted under a different thread?

Moose

« Reply #103 on: November 01, 2011, 08:35:51 AM »

Where?  On this board?  I scrolled back and I don't see anything plus the article is dated 10/31.

5 posts before yours by Desco80.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #104 on: November 01, 2011, 08:48:52 AM »

5 posts before yours by Desco80.

Just saw it.  Checked twice and must have missed it both times.

« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2011, 12:24:46 PM »

Aree with moose on this one.  Most of the time those deals don't come to fruition.  It seems that Wainright likes SJU and UCLA the best barring an unlikely package deal to UK which it seems Randle is pushing. I think that in the SJU vs ucla department, we're probably ahead as Wainright seems to really like Lavin and there are some connections there.  To me, the article seems quite encouraging.

Let me clarify, it is great news that were one of his favorites, it would be better news if his best friends weren't pulling for a package deal and if cal wasn't his favorite coach.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2011, 10:08:50 PM »
Wainwright gave us a shout out on twitter and when someone asked him if he was still considering us he gave an emphatic yes

« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2011, 11:26:51 AM »
ESPN is televising 3 HS games tonight and I believe the 9:30pm is our boy Ish Wainright from Montrose Christian.

Anyone interested in checking out a target, take a peak.

« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2011, 11:34:38 PM »
Saw his game tonight and was impressed. Hes got a pro body, with great length and athleticism. His game reminds me of Justin Brownlee but a bit more outside orientated.  I think he would fit in great in our system and hope were still high on his list.

MCNPA

« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2012, 07:01:39 PM »
Ismail tweeted "Go St. Johns!" today during the game...  Gotta like that we're at the forefront and on his radar.  He's a fan which is a very good thing for us...

paultzman

« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2012, 07:18:39 PM »
Earl Watson instrumental in recruiting this gem. Also played a part in bringing Branch aboard.

MCNPA

« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2012, 07:23:53 PM »
Earl Watson instrumental in recruiting this gem. Also played a part in bringing Branch aboard.

Good to hear.  Heard he's fantastic.  Love to land Wainright.  Like I said, this kid is rooting for SJU and that is a very good thing.

« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2012, 08:39:06 AM »
Per Alex Kline....

Ishmail Wainright lists Missouri, Texas, Florida, UCLA, St. John's, Kansas St, Baylor, Kansas, NC State, Texas A&M, Louisville & more.

http://twitter.com/#!/TheRecruitScoop/status/161630767028510720

paultzman

« Reply #113 on: February 12, 2012, 05:40:38 PM »
“@DanielJMartin_: #STJbb 2013 target Ish Wainright from Montrose... RT @Wainright24 At the GRown and St. Johns game .”

MCNPA

« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2012, 06:44:28 PM »
“@DanielJMartin_: #STJbb 2013 target Ish Wainright from Montrose... RT @Wainright24 At the GRown and St. Johns game .”

And he wasn't there to see Georgetown... :)

« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2012, 11:46:17 AM »
Latest article on scout.com.  Says UCLA is out front now but is hoping to visit SJU this spring:

“I don’t have a list right now,” he said. “I’m going to make my list probably after the summer, probably in August.”

Ben Howland and the Bruins are among the schools showing the most interest, according to the four-star prospect.

“UCLA is probably the top gun right now,” he said. “They are showing more attention that anybody.”

“They’ve been to five of my games this year and a lot of my practices,” he added.

In the midst of a busy season, Wainright hasn’t been able to take many visits recently. He said he did attend a pair of Georgetown games this year.

“I haven’t scheduled any visits,” he said.

“In the spring I’m looking forward to visiting Syracuse, St. John’s and I also want to visit Florida,” Wainright added. “I want to go down to Florida. Kasey [Hill] wants me to come down and visit.”

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1164883.html

MCNPA

« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2012, 12:00:33 PM »
Latest article on scout.com.  Says UCLA is out front now but is hoping to visit SJU this spring:

“I don’t have a list right now,” he said. “I’m going to make my list probably after the summer, probably in August.”

Ben Howland and the Bruins are among the schools showing the most interest, according to the four-star prospect.

“UCLA is probably the top gun right now,” he said. “They are showing more attention that anybody.”

“They’ve been to five of my games this year and a lot of my practices,” he added.

In the midst of a busy season, Wainright hasn’t been able to take many visits recently. He said he did attend a pair of Georgetown games this year.

“I haven’t scheduled any visits,” he said.

“In the spring I’m looking forward to visiting Syracuse, St. John’s and I also want to visit Florida,” Wainright added. “I want to go down to Florida. Kasey [Hill] wants me to come down and visit.”

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1164883.html

Keeping Howland on the hot seat càn only help.  Now if they get rid of him, it might be better than if Howland has a good year next season.   ;)

ris

« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2012, 12:14:50 PM »

It looks like he had/has interest in Georgetown, too.

sju89tr

« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2012, 01:08:26 PM »

It looks like he had/has interest in Georgetown, too.

Don't see him as a Georgetown type of kid but it doesn't hurt that he plays HS in their back yard. It also doesn't hurt to have him playing High SChool ball for a coach so close to Rico Hines. The UCLA interest could go away quick depending on what happens with the socially awkward Ben Howland. 

paultzman

« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2012, 09:16:55 PM »
“@NealNieves: Surprised he dropped UCLA RT @JoshPaunilNRS Ishmail Wainright favoring four, Duke now involved http://t.co/pv4dV1s9

No mention of SJU.