Jordan Washington - PF - Pathways College Prep - Queens, NY

• 84 replies

Happy

Re: Jordan Washington - PF - Pathways College Prep - Queens, NY
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2013, 03:50:54 PM »
Oliver Miller was about 350 at Arkansas and kid could play.  Ball yes. Jump no.

He aint Oliver Miller..  he is skilled without a doubt.. I just can't tell how skilled because he is literally a man amongst boys... He is also 6'7 tops .
 If we need a big man for next year we should be looking elsewhere imo.. where?  beats the heck out of me :)

gman

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2013, 05:29:54 PM »
If he has skills and can qualify - he can always lose weight...

Not always, look at Josh Smith.  Chances are if you got fat you are lazy, not always motivated to lose it.

Moose

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2013, 07:50:47 PM »
Maybe its cabin fever.  But I would help this kid study to get him here.

Jordan Washington @ Dyckman

Chris Obekpa and Jordan Washington put in work at iS8 Championships
Remember who broke the Slice news

MCNPA

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2013, 08:04:26 PM »
Maybe its cabin fever.  But I would help this kid study to get him here.

Jordan Washington @ Dyckman

Chris Obekpa and Jordan Washington put in work at iS8 Championships

Not crazy moose.  I'd love to land Washington if he is qualified because he provides everything we don have.  He's a big PF that is strong, can run the court a bit and can score in the post.  He's local to boot.  I'm not saying he's the best player around, but he fits our needs very well.  Seems like the kind of kid that big ten teams have in abundance.  Any chance he qualifies?  What are his issues?

« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2013, 08:05:00 PM »
I agree, Moose.  I've never seen him before but he seems to have good skills.  And he definitely would not be pushed around in the box.  10-12 minutes a game as a Freshman, while putting in work with the conditioning coach, and we would have a player.

Moose

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2013, 08:06:02 PM »
I agree, Moose.  I've never seen him before but he seems to have good skills.  And he definitely would not be pushed around in the box.  10-12 minutes a game as a Freshman, while putting in work with the conditioning coach, and we would have a player.

He's a character.  Fun to watch.  Has moments you want to go Sprewell on him.  But a big boy and crafty.  But ppl tell me its hopeless for him to get eligible.

paultzman

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2013, 08:06:19 PM »
Are his academics as horrible as folks say?

MCNPA

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2013, 08:08:47 PM »

Not always, look at Josh Smith.  Chances are if you got fat you are lazy, not always motivated to lose it.

Some guys are heavy, but can play too.  Teague killed us.  Robert Traylor was good for a chubby player.  So was Sean May, and that kid from Georgetown a few years back who's name is escaping me.  It's possible he's willing to work at it and lose a few.  A good staff can motivate. He's the type of player we need to round out our team.  That said, it's all moot if he can't qualify.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 08:09:57 PM by MCNPA »

Poison

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2013, 08:23:23 PM »

Some guys are heavy, but can play too.  Teague killed us.  Robert Traylor was good for a chubby player.  So was Sean May, and that kid from Georgetown a few years back who's name is escaping me.  It's possible he's willing to work at it and lose a few.  A good staff can motivate. He's the type of player we need to round out our team.  That said, it's all moot if he can't qualify.

Sweetney

Chilleb

« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2013, 08:46:39 PM »
I see this kid everyday and know him personally love him as a person but believe me we don't want him.

Moose

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2013, 08:51:40 PM »
I see this kid everyday and know him personally love him as a person but believe me we don't want him.

Will he play in D1 next year?  I busted you on him before but in all fairness kid can ball.  He just has maddening moments.

Chilleb

« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2013, 08:53:01 PM »

Will he play in D1 next year?  I busted you on him before but in all fairness kid can ball.  He just has maddening moments.
He's not even eligible to play in highschool right now. If someone could get him focused and IN SHAPE!!!! He's be legit

Moose

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2013, 08:54:17 PM »

He's not even eligible to play in highschool right now. If someone could get him focused and IN SHAPE!!!! He's be legit

Is he not eligible for HS or was the school just pissed he left and came back and was holding him out?

Sometimes guys like that don't need to get in shape.  They lose that edge then sometimes.

Chilleb

« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »

Is he not eligible for HS or was the school just pissed he left and came back and was holding him out?

Sometimes guys like that don't need to get in shape.  They lose that edge then sometimes.
Who holds out 6'7 260 in the psal? I say he needs to get in shape because anybody who knows him knows he was really a guard at first with a handle and deception, because of the weight he transitioned to the post. Just shows how talented this kid is to make that switch.

Moose

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2013, 08:58:20 PM »

Who holds out 6'7 260 in the psal? I say he needs to get in shape because anybody who knows him knows he was really a guard at first with a handle and deception, because of the weight he transitioned to the post. Just shows how talented this kid is to make that switch.

He clearly doesn't mind dribbling thats for sure.

As for PSAL don't they just let just about anyone play?  That's why I suggested that :)

Chilleb

« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2013, 09:00:36 PM »

He clearly doesn't mind dribbling thats for sure.

As for PSAL don't they just let just about anyone play?  That's why I suggested that :)
Lol, when he was a freshman he looked light years better. If that's even imaginable, but some psal schools have a bit more integrity than others and his school is one of them. One of the smaller schools with 500 student population.

Moose

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2013, 09:01:26 PM »
Get his act together Chille.  We can use him :)

Chilleb

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2013, 09:02:30 PM »
Get his act together Chille.  We can use him :)
Easier said then done.

paultzman

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2013, 01:22:41 PM »
“@NextUpRecruits: Jordan Washington-a 6'8 Big of the New Heights NYC AAU that has to go JUCO. He is GREAT!He is going to be a JUCO MONSTER!
@EraserHead_wash”

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2013, 06:25:41 PM »
He needs to be put on an O-Line somewhere. Good feet, hands, mobile. That is his ticket
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle