Shane Rector - PG - St. Raymond - Bronx, N.Y.

• 49 replies

gonzalo

Shane Rector - PG - St. Raymond - Bronx, N.Y.
« on: June 13, 2011, 01:48:09 AM »
http://www.nbebasketball.com/w3/2011-0612/rumble-in-the-bronx-report-part-ii/

Shane Rector – Rector will return to St. Raymond’s to man the point next year and should expect some high-profile recruiting to come with it. He told me that he’s looking for a school that will “put the ball in (his) hands as a freshman and let (him) run the point.” So far he has major interest from Pittsburgh, Rutgers, Arizona, Villanova, Xavier and St. John’s.

Moose

Re: Shane Rector - PG - St. Raymond - Bronx, N.Y.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 08:56:46 AM »
Saw him in the past and he looked very tentative.  Saw him again Friday and Saturday and the 2nd day he looked like a man possessed on the floor.  Even Friday he seemed a lot more mature with the ball in his hands.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 04:11:56 PM »
How long he gonna last at St. Ray Ray's?
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 10:59:48 PM »
Per ESPN Recruiting....  Rumble in the Bronx recap.

Standout players

Shane Rector (Bronx, N.Y./St. Raymond)
2013, PG, 6-2, 160 pounds | Team: New York Gauchos
An athletic young point guard with an exciting two-way game, Rector puts his physical tools to good use to apply pressure on both ends of the floor. Offensively, he has a tight handle and quick first step that allows him to be a breakdown driver. He also has the bounce to finish explosively above the rim, while absorbing contact. Defensively, he gets all over the court forcing steals and deflections that often result in run outs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=6657336

gonzalo

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 02:41:44 AM »
http://twitter.com/#!/TheRecruitScoop/status/88400807099252736

Shane Rector '13 lists Dayton, Hofstra, Manhattan, Rutgers, Pitt, Georgetown, Stanford, Kentucky, Villanova & St. John's.

Happy

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 08:10:22 AM »
Shane is going to run with the Playaz this summer... I am crossing my fingers that we can get involved in his recruitment.

pmg911

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 09:06:56 AM »
You have to ask the same question about 3/4 of the kids coming out NYC these days - how are his grades..?

Happy

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 09:42:17 AM »
You have to ask the same question about 3/4 of the kids coming out NYC these days - how are his grades..?

I understand what you are saying.. However I have heard nothing negative in regards to Shane's grades... Plus St Rays does a pretty solid job preparing it's student athletes .

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 11:46:29 AM »
He's made first or second honors every semester at St. Ray's. He will not have any difficulty with the clearing house

pmg911

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 11:52:29 AM »
outstanding news - REFRESHING TO HEAR..!!

sju89tr

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 12:16:07 PM »
outstanding news - REFRESHING TO HEAR..!!

I agree and in addition you rarely hear Georgetown offering kids who are a question mark to qualify. 

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 12:19:52 PM »
If were gonna go after a PG in this class I hope it would be Rysheed Jordan

Happy

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2012, 12:39:03 PM »
If were gonna go after a PG in this class I hope it would be Rysheed Jordan

Have to go after multiple players at the position.. I have never seen a full game of Rysheed's.. I am sure he is a wonderful player.. That being said... Rector can and will play at the highest level. Kid is really good.

Happy

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2012, 12:40:33 PM »
He's made first or second honors every semester at St. Ray's. He will not have any difficulty with the clearing house

Great to hear... Thoughts on his game?  I hope all is well :)

Chilleb

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2012, 12:44:40 PM »
Yo happy you take Shane or severe?

Happy

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 12:49:52 PM »

Great question and the answer is yes... You know I'm a big Severe fan.. But Shane is more athletic and more of a true  PG at this stage. Severe is the better shooter.. IMO we couldn't go wrong with either kid.. From what we have been told, both are quality kids, good students, and even better basketball talents.. You?

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 01:16:05 PM »

Happy as you may know Shane's season started slowly because of an ankle injury. Once he got healthy though both he and the Ravens took off.  Dingle and Okoro were the two senior mainstays but Shane made a major difference down the stretch. As far as his game Shane has always reminded me of Erick Barkley because of his ability to pressure defend using long arms and fast hands rather than physical strength. Also like Erick he can be a scorer when needed but is bright enough to run the game like a point guard. Also there's no reason St. John's couldn't recruit both he and Severe. Jonathan might be small for a two guard but he's so physical and alert defensively he can excel in St. John's active zone

Happy

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 01:29:49 PM »

Happy as you may know Shane's season started slowly because of an ankle injury. Once he got healthy though both he and the Ravens took off.  Dingle and Okoro were the two senior mainstays but Shane made a major difference down the stretch. As far as his game Shane has always reminded me of Erick Barkley because of his ability to pressure defend using long arms and fast hands rather than physical strength. Also like Erick he can be a scorer when needed but is bright enough to run the game like a point guard. Also there's no reason St. John's couldn't recruit both he and Severe. Jonathan might be small for a two guard but he's so physical and alert defensively he can excel in St. John's active zone

John,, Spot on report as usual.. I also feel like we could and should be recruiting both kids.. Shane had to take a little backseat this year because of injury and it was Dingle and Okoro's team.. Next year he is going to really be something.. He is the best college prospect of the 3 IMO .  I love the pace at which he plays the game and he is so athletic.  I hope the staff is really keeping tabs on him :)

Chilleb

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 01:56:22 PM »

Great question and the answer is yes... You know I'm a big Severe fan.. But Shane is more athletic and more of a true  PG at this stage. Severe is the better shooter.. IMO we couldn't go wrong with either kid.. From what we have been told, both are quality kids, good students, and even better basketball talents.. You?
I like both of them, but you no I'm riding with severe till the wheels fall off, I think he's a stud. Extremely underrated but I guess he'll get more press once mr Lewis and Calhoun jump ship.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 01:56:47 PM by Chilleb »

pmg911

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 02:16:33 PM »
Wonder why he stop playing with Gauchos..?