Darrick Wood - SG - Palm Beach CC - Alexandria, VA - DEPAUL

• 915 replies

MCNPA

Re: Darrick Wood - SG - NIA Prep - Washington, DC - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2011, 10:57:19 AM »
This is my boss with Myles. My boss is 5'10.

Gotcha Dave, but Myles is good 4 inches taller even from that picture. 

munch

« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2011, 08:13:36 PM »
Wood measured 6'51/2 in shoes at VIRGINIA TECH, trust me I am certain........  Miles Davis is 6'2.   coach lavin is 6'4 and air.is a good inch and a half bigger.....

mkras99

« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2011, 08:48:19 PM »
Wood measured 6'51/2 in shoes at VIRGINIA TECH, trust me I am certain........  Miles Davis is 6'2.   coach lavin is 6'4 and air.is a good inch and a half bigger.....

Uncle?  Father?  Coach? 

« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2011, 08:51:11 PM »
I know we are still in the offseason but I would really love these height debates to come to an end especially when we are talking an inch or two...just saying.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #164 on: August 26, 2011, 09:08:41 PM »

Uncle?  Father?  Coach?
team scan

« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2011, 09:13:33 PM »

Uncle?  Father?  Coach?
team scan

Thought the same thing all along: Terrance "Munch" Williams?

Moose

« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2011, 09:54:37 PM »
I know we are still in the offseason but I would really love these height debates to come to an end especially when we are talking an inch or two...just saying.

Especially when wingspan is honestly more important
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2011, 10:09:44 PM »
I heard he has size 13 foot.....but others say he wears a 12. (sarcasm)
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

munch

« Reply #168 on: August 27, 2011, 12:21:51 AM »
Matters not who I am....  I just want you to have all the facts when posting information.....  Go red storm!

« Reply #169 on: August 27, 2011, 12:30:42 AM »
Matters not who I am....  I just want you to have all the facts when posting information.....  Go red storm!
  Glad you enjoy the program.  This staff and group of kids are special.  They are excited for the future!

crgreen

« Reply #170 on: August 27, 2011, 12:48:40 AM »

Uncle?  Father?  Coach?

FWIW, that was reported on the Tech Sideline basketball board as well when Darrick was on campus here in Blacksburg a couple three weeks ago....the discussion was replacing all ACC SG Dorenzo Hudson for next season - it was reported  Wood was the same height as the unquestionably 6'5 Hudson, tho nowhere near as strong (Hudson is 215-220)....

kob24

« Reply #171 on: August 27, 2011, 02:01:40 AM »
nah that aint munch. he doesnt do the forum thing

munch

« Reply #172 on: August 27, 2011, 05:36:12 AM »
I enjoy it,.I like to here the good and bad feedback, that's what true playaz  build off of, no point in basking.in all the glory find out what the real fans think.... And work hard to improve.....    Go red storm!   Sept 20 will be another great day as well!    :angel:

Poison

« Reply #173 on: August 27, 2011, 08:58:41 AM »

Who are you? Yoda?

« Reply #174 on: September 01, 2011, 08:06:01 PM »
On Tuesday, Reebok rolled out the red carpet for the top-five performers from its 2011 Breakout Challenge, inviting the high school standouts to Reebok headquarters in Boston for two days of star treatment. During the Reebok Basketball Summit, the selected players were given the keys to the company, complete with larger-than-life likenesses plastered around Reebok’s in-house basketball court, where a cast of NBA stars put on a personal training session.
http://www.slamonline.com/online/college-hs/high-school/2011/09/reebok-basketball-summit-john-wall/

John Wall, who four years ago rocketed up national rankings thanks to his participation in the Breakout Challenge, helped handpick the five high schoolers: Seth Allen, Jonathan Milligan, Darrick Wood, and Daiquan Walker from the Class of 2012, and Rysheed Jordan, Class of 2013. (Jordan, perhaps the most highly touted of the five, was unable to make it to Boston due to illness.) Wall and fellow Reebok teammates Jason Terry, Jameer Nelson, Ramon Sessions and Isaiah Thomas were in the building to impart their wisdom, and put the young talent through two days of hoop camp.

Darrick Wood, Alexandria, VA, 6-4, 170 pounds, St. John’s

Wood is unassuming as a physical specimen, his spindly body still yet to fill out. But then you watch him dunk a basketball. Wood threw down a pair of tomahawks that rocked the gym during one training session, followed by an impromptu dunk contest… against himself. The DC-area native’s explosiveness is apparent on his jumpshot, too, as his rise-and-hit ability should allow him to get his shot off when he takes on the Big East at St. John’s. The NBA contingent appreciated Wood’s competitiveness—Thomas praised Wood’s ability to “back up all his talking.”
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

NYCoffey

« Reply #175 on: September 02, 2011, 01:32:46 PM »
Here's a good interview with Darrick. Really like this kid. Tons of confidence and seems pretty mature. Seems like a trend with Lavin recruits.

http://highschoolhoop.com/training/2011/09/hsh-1-on-1-bridgton-academys-darrick-wood/

« Reply #176 on: September 02, 2011, 02:22:21 PM »
Good to see he's headed up to Bridgton.

« Reply #177 on: September 02, 2011, 05:16:47 PM »

As expected.

Don't be surprised if NIA fails to survive soon. Be hard pressed to find kids wanting to go there.

MCNPA

« Reply #178 on: September 02, 2011, 08:02:23 PM »

Who are you? Yoda?

Actually, my guess would be Darrick Wood.  I certainly like his September 20th prediction too. :up:

MCNPA

« Reply #179 on: September 02, 2011, 08:03:35 PM »

As expected.

Don't be surprised if NIA fails to survive soon. Be hard pressed to find kids wanting to go there.

Bridgton in the the NEPSAC is a great choice.  Always thought the NEPSAC would be great for Wood as well as other kids looking to go the prep route. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 09:33:32 PM by MCNPA »