Dayshon Smith - PG - Putnam Science - New York, NY - DAYTON

• 59 replies

NYCoffey

Dayshon Smith - PG - Putnam Science - New York, NY - DAYTON
« on: October 13, 2011, 01:02:16 PM »
I started looking for some info on him after I found out he was coming to MM. Not much out there but it seems like he doesn't have any high major schools after him as of yet. This article lists Fairfield, St. Peters and Robert Morris, and i also saw Penn State and Iona mentioned. does anyone know if we are recruiting him?

http://hrplayerprofiles.blogspot.com/2011/09/dayshon-smith-59-pg-putnam-science.html
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:20:58 PM by jumpinjohnny »

Re: Dayshon Smith - PG - Putnam Science - New York, NY
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 01:27:35 PM »
I started looking for some info on him after I found out he was coming to MM. Not much out there but it seems like he doesn't have any high major schools after him as of yet. This article lists Fairfield, St. Peters and Robert Morris, and i also saw Penn State and Iona mentioned. does anyone know if we are recruiting him?

http://hrplayerprofiles.blogspot.com/2011/09/dayshon-smith-59-pg-putnam-science.html
that is the worst blog .EVER. One page at a time - had to be a google search finding that site - good work!

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 01:00:11 PM »
He's a talented guard but isn't a Big East player. He's a low to mid major player.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 10:50:28 PM »
He's a talented guard but isn't a Big East player. He's a low to mid major player.

Just keeping the locals happy by giving them some TLC.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 11:48:55 AM »
Despite opinion above a bit, I am told this kid is blowing up and Pitt and Providence giving him a look. He is at Elite75 Camp this weekend I believe. He seems close To McCullough as well. Hmm! Hope we keep an eye on him. Just my opinion!

Moose

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 11:56:14 AM »
Despite opinion above a bit, I am told this kid is blowing up and Pitt and Providence giving him a look. He is at Elite75 Camp this weekend I believe. He seems close To McCullough as well. Hmm! Hope we keep an eye on him. Just my opinion!

Seems like he skyrocketed this winter and into the spring.

Happy

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 12:14:22 PM »

Respectfully disagree.. IMO he is a lock mid major and a fringe high major player.  I guess that's why we all have opinions though :).  He is so ruthless attacking the basket and has that nifty herky jerky handle... Not in love with his height though at the big east level. Definetly a notch below Rector to me.

Moose

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 12:17:50 PM »

Respectfully disagree.. IMO he is a lock mid major and a fringe high major player.  I guess that's why we all have opinions though :).  He is so ruthless attacking the basket and has that nifty herky jerky handle... Not in love with his height though at the big east level. Definetly a notch below Rector to me.

He wrote that in October......things change ;)

Happy

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 12:20:35 PM »

He wrote that in October......things change ;)

Nice catch.  I didn't even think to check the time stamp... So Dave if you still feel the same way.. My last post was for you :)

paultzman

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 04:26:47 PM »
“@BFlinnFuture150: Dayshon Smith is doing whatever he wants right now. Getting into the lane with ease. Andrew chabracz and Jared Wilson-Frame also playin well”

paultzman

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 05:25:33 PM »
“@BallasTV: When dayshon smith adds 5-10 pounds of muscle high major offers will start flooding in or the 6'2 point guard #Elite75”

“@hooprootz: Dayshon Smith just dominated his team's run...Scooch continues his ascension as a lead-guard prospect”

“@bosworthhoops: Now that we're in 5 on 5 Dayshon Smith's bball IQ and leadership are really shining. #Elite75”

“@HoopDreamsmag: Dayshon Smith game is so smooth. Doesn't over play possessions just lets the game come to him #Elite75”

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:30:03 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 07:03:16 PM »
this feels similar to Kemba exploding up the charts summer before his senior year.

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 11:00:10 PM »
In his early career at Rice Dayshon always showed terrific vision speed and skill but watching him one could not be sure if he'd grow enough.  He's caught up physically to his class and now that skill and poise are showing. He's been well prepared both at Putnam Science and with the Lightning where he's coached by a heady point guard in his own right  former Molloy and St. Bonaventure player Shandue McNeil. He has speed poise and intelligence to play at the highest level. I'd want him because if they want to continue to play the way they have under Lav, emphasizing a trapping press and transition opportunities, they need a guard who can make good decisions on the fly and that's what Scooch does best. The question for St. John's is whether or not they can have a small point guard given what they do defensively.  If they played man-to man as their primary defense  the answer would be yes because Dayshon can pressure the ball. I think his decision making makes it an easy choice because even in a zone where his size might present a challenge he'll play with intensity, quickness and a nose for the ball.

desco80

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 01:00:21 AM »
In his early career at Rice Dayshon always showed terrific vision speed and skill but watching him one could not be sure if he'd grow enough.  He's caught up physically to his class and now that skill and poise are showing. He's been well prepared both at Putnam Science and with the Lightning where he's coached by a heady point guard in his own right  former Molloy and St. Bonaventure player Shandue McNeil. He has speed poise and intelligence to play at the highest level. I'd want him because if they want to continue to play the way they have under Lav, emphasizing a trapping press and transition opportunities, they need a guard who can make good decisions on the fly and that's what Scooch does best. The question for St. John's is whether or not they can have a small point guard given what they do defensively.  If they played man-to man as their primary defense  the answer would be yes because Dayshon can pressure the ball. I think his decision making makes it an easy choice because even in a zone where his size might present a challenge he'll play with intensity, quickness and a nose for the ball.

Great break down on how size affects our zone +1

Happy

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 03:59:25 AM »

Good stuff as usual John :)

paultzman

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 08:07:41 AM »
A JPM endorsement is good enough for me!

paultzman

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 01:36:57 PM »
“@HoopDreamsmag: Elite 75 Stock Risers featuring Dayshon Smith, Jared Wilson-Frame, Jeff Spellman Henry Bolton more http://t.co/1FQJJVVF #Elite75”

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 01:40:25 PM »
“@HoopDreamsmag: Elite 75 Stock Risers featuring Dayshon Smith, Jared Wilson-Frame, Jeff Spellman Henry Bolton more http://t.co/1FQJJVVF #Elite75”

Henry Bolton is gonna blow up

Happy

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 01:41:55 PM »

He will never be bigger than his father.

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 01:44:17 PM »

He will never be bigger than his father.

Who's that?