Kentan Facey - PF - Lutheran - Glen Head, NY - CONNECTICUT

• 144 replies
Re: Kenton Facey - PF - Lutheran - Glen Head, NY
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2012, 09:30:22 AM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: RT @bosworthhoops: Kenton Facey just yammed on somebody's skull.  That was dirty.”

Can't say I've ever heard 'yammed' before.

ie. yam-bag in the face... :2funny:

I was going to make a similar comment last night, but I tried to keep things classy. ;D
Ah, what the heck...back from vacay, feeling good...Yamming 101...

Still picking meat out from between his teeth. Lol.

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2012, 10:51:47 AM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: RT @bosworthhoops: Kenton Facey just yammed on somebody's skull.  That was dirty.”

Can't say I've ever heard 'yammed' before.

ie. yam-bag in the face... :2funny:

I was going to make a similar comment last night, but I tried to keep things classy. ;D
Ah, what the heck...back from vacay, feeling good...Yamming 101...

Still picking meat out from between his teeth. Lol.

i bet it was called a charge ;-)

NYCoffey

« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2012, 02:33:51 PM »
29m 

Zach Braziller  @NYPost_Brazille   

Catching up with my guy @c_serge and watching Kentan Facey impress. Jumpshot, block, dunk. #boyshoops

paultzman

« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2012, 03:26:43 PM »
Time for Ed Cooley to lose another one? Lol

“@NYPost_Brazille: UConn, Providence and Rhode Island working the hardest for Kentan Facey, per Kareem Memminger. #boyshoops”

paultzman

« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2012, 08:02:41 PM »
Biancardi in Orlando on ESPNU just noted Facey has been a huge developing player this off season. Amazing the props he has been receiving.

« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2012, 01:34:32 AM »
Facey sat out most of last week, he's still super skinny but he's solid player. He had 5 blocks on one possession which was pretty sick, caught it on video too.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

paultzman

« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2012, 08:09:36 AM »
Facey sat out most of last week, he's still super skinny but he's solid player. He had 5 blocks on one possession which was pretty sick, caught it on video too.

Dave, my impression is staff must have some degree of confidence about getting Martin or Lawrence. Assuming they are not going hard after Facey, should they be, as a fall back position? Competition for Lawrence and Martin seems fierce.  Thanks!

« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2012, 08:17:52 AM »

Dave, my impression is staff must have some degree of confidence about getting Martin or Lawrence. Assuming they are not going hard after Facey, should they be, as a fall back position? Competition for Lawrence and Martin seems fierce.  Thanks!

Don't forget Mike Young too.  He still seems to be on the radar even though he is probably a longshot.

paultzman

« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2012, 08:33:44 AM »

Don't forget Mike Young too.  He still seems to be on the radar even though he is probably a longshot.

As you have noted many times, Pitt seems set with him. I don't believe staff is actively pursuing him.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 08:35:31 AM by paultzman »

« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2012, 10:34:20 AM »

Other fish in the sea better than Facey. Personally I think he is getting over recruited but like I said back in the winter he had the potential to blow up late.

« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2012, 10:37:07 AM »
Will be interesting to see where his recruitment ends up.

In other words we are soon going to find out how many of these "offers" are real and tangible and the interest from those schools matches the offer.

sju89tr

« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2012, 10:09:28 AM »

Other fish in the sea better than Facey. Personally I think he is getting over recruited but like I said back in the winter he had the potential to blow up late.

Saw Facey yesterday, I came away unimpressed

paultzman

« Reply #93 on: July 27, 2012, 10:11:45 AM »

Chile in 5,4,3,2,..

sju89tr

« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2012, 10:14:48 AM »

Chile in 5,4,3,2,..

You can see he is a good athlete and I know he has only played the game a little while but I think our system would be too fast for him, 

« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2012, 12:48:39 PM »
3 blocks in a row? I counted 5 or 6!

« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2012, 12:49:53 PM »

Chile in 5,4,3,2,..

You can see he is a good athlete and I know he has only played the game a little while but I think our system would be too fast for him,
And to think just a few years ago he probably would be our star recruit! :)

Happy

« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2012, 02:02:13 PM »

Chile in 5,4,3,2,..

Still so new to the game.  Tremendous raw potential though.  I like him and think he could be something with a little time and patience.. Unfortunately we do not have enough ships in '13 to wait on a kid like this to develop.. If he is smart he goes to a Rhode Island or Umass type school where he can excel a lot quicker.

crgreen

« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2012, 06:37:07 PM »

Chile in 5,4,3,2,..

Still so new to the game.  Tremendous raw potential though.  I like him and think he could be something with a little time and patience.. Unfortunately we do not have enough ships in '13 to wait on a kid like this to develop.. If he is smart he goes to a Rhode Island or Umass type school where he can excel a lot quicker.

Quicker isn't always better.   Might be better off at a school LIKE SJU, where he can get developed over 2 or three years by a coach like Rico, and be ready to contribute meaningfully as a Jr or Sr.     A lot of minutes and even decent statas a a UMass type school doesn't necessarily indicate superior development.   A lot of "stat boys" from the mid-range schools don't make it at the next level.  They've got a scrapbook of college clippings and maybe a well-stamped passport, while big school project guys like a Ryan Hollins are cashing 2-3 million dollar NBA paychecks 6 years after graduation...

Happy

« Reply #99 on: July 27, 2012, 07:02:19 PM »

Chile in 5,4,3,2,..

Quicker isn't always better.   Might be better off at a school LIKE SJU, where he can get developed over 2 or three years by a coach like Rico, and be ready to contribute meaningfully as a Jr or Sr.     A lot of minutes and even decent statas a a UMass type school doesn't necessarily indicate superior development.   A lot of "stat boys" from the mid-range schools don't make it at the next level.  They've got a scrapbook of college clippings and maybe a well-stamped passport, while big school project guys like a Ryan Hollins are cashing 2-3 million dollar NBA paychecks 6 years after graduation...

He would play right away for those schools.  Maybe he gets better development here.. But I'm sure he ( like every other kid) wants to play ASAP .  I like Facey.. But something would be very wrong if he was the only kid we picked up for '13