Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y. - FORDHAM

• 676 replies

ris

He was mentioned on Isaiah Lewis topic.

I don´t know if we have interest, but he is averaging 15 points, playing with Lewis and Omar Calhoun, and he is 14-30 in three point shots. There is no stats of his 8 three pointers game.

http://ctkhoops.d1scout.com/index.cfm?page=Results&teamid=883
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 02:55:54 PM by kjd01067 »

ris

Re: Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 01:17:02 AM »
Louisville, Xavier, Rutgers and Providence involved with Severe also. Kid is one of the top scorers in city.

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Brazille/status/156507778767265793

« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 01:28:23 AM by ris »

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 07:28:39 AM »
Xavier offered 2013 Christ the King (NY) SG Jon Severe.

http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/163096617065525248

NYCoffey

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 03:20:10 PM »
Playing on msg now. Christ the king vs xaverian

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 01:05:35 AM »
2013 Christ the King (NY) SG Jon Severe lists offers from Houston, Xavier & Drexel, with interest from Providence, Rutgers & Florida.

http://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/164527870952218624

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 01:26:10 AM »
http://www.therecruitscoop.com/jon-severe-hearing-from-numerous-schools

Severe has an excellent shot and can shoot from range. He can dribble well, but needs to improve on that if he wants to have the ball in his hands more often. Severe has the ability to drive to the basket and finish in traffic. He is also a strong defender, who continues to get better in all aspects of his game. The New York native has developed his game into a much more compete ball player, as opposed to just a shooter.

After being hurt over the summer, along with the season before that, Severe has had an unlucky history with injuries. At the same time, he is finally having his breakout year during his junior season. Because of this, the Christ the King star is now hearing from plenty of schools. He has offers from, “Houston, Xavier and Drexel,” with interest from, “Providence, Texas, Rutgers and Florida.” There are a number of other schools who are exploring the option of getting involved as his stock seems to rise every game.

ris

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 12:41:48 AM »
Florida saw 2013 Christ the King (NY) SG Jon Severe play today. Texas will be in to see him soon.

https://twitter.com/TheRecruitScoop/status/169909181434961920

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 05:14:03 AM »
Averaging 13 points and 5 rebounds.

A great 3 point shooter (31-71), but not very good in 2 pointers (43-113).

http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/f2AeCgPpwkqLxSb6IMerpA/basketball-winter-11-12/stats-jon-severe.htm

Chilleb

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 08:45:50 PM »
Kid is legit, sign him up before the other big dogs get wind. Better than Calhoun and Lewis.

Moose

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 08:59:08 PM »
Kid is legit, sign him up before the other big dogs get wind. Better than Calhoun and Lewis.

Have you seen Galan.  How would you compare the two if so.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Chilleb

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 09:08:05 PM »
Severe can do more, galan is bigger though, but not as polished as severe. Both better than Calhoun and Lewis IMO though.

Happy

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 09:32:45 PM »
Severe can do more, galan is bigger though, but not as polished as severe. Both better than Calhoun and Lewis IMO though.
I watched Severe and while everyone keeps talking about his shooting ,, nobody is talking about his athleticism . Kid has got some hops. .. I think a number of big schools are after him already.. Chileb.. I agree I like him better then Lewis and Calhoun.. But not as much as my favorite kid at the moment. Shane Rector of Ray's :)

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 09:39:10 PM »
Do we have any interest in him?

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2012, 10:39:43 PM »
Baldi was on this guy early. Youre welcome johnnyjungle.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:40:27 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 10:45:52 PM »
He's from Christ the King, my alma mater, so yes, we should totally get this guy.

Happy

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2012, 05:43:56 PM »
Seton Hall will be in to watch Severe tomorrow.  I really hope the staff gets involved with this kid.

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 01:00:54 AM »
I really hope the staff gets involved with this kid.

I hope it too. But in 16 posts nobody has mentioned that we have interest.

LJSA

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 02:35:24 AM »

The Carlos Morris thread should be an indication that we can't necessarily worry about what we aren't reading in print or hearing from insiders.

That said, after we fill out our roster in the next two months, recruiting is going to be a waiting game and jigsaw puzzle. If Harrison decides that the NBA won't want him after his sophomore year, then there may not be room for Severe. And if Harrison does leave, who's to say Greene doesn't slide over to full-time shooting guard and we concentrate on a point guard rather than Severe? Severe is probably too good to want to be part of a five-man backcourt.

crgreen

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2012, 10:11:35 AM »

The Carlos Morris thread should be an indication that we can't necessarily worry about what we aren't reading in print or hearing from insiders.

That said, after we fill out our roster in the next two months, recruiting is going to be a waiting game and jigsaw puzzle. If Harrison decides that the NBA won't want him after his sophomore year, then there may not be room for Severe. And if Harrison does leave, who's to say Greene doesn't slide over to full-time shooting guard and we concentrate on a point guard rather than Severe? Severe is probably too good to want to be part of a five-man backcourt.

Please don't take this wrong, but that's the mindset of a fanbase that hopes to be "upper half of the Big East" and "Get to the tourney regularly".    Steve Lavin didn't come here for that.  He came to build a championship program.   One that WINS the Big East.  One that advances in the Dance.  One that will eventually WIN the NCAA title.    And you do that with 5 man guard rotations, 5 man forward rotations, and 2-3 man center rotations.   

Also, if Severe thinks he's too good for 5 man guard rotation, then that isn't an issue.  Kids who think they're good don't believe THEY'LL be the 4th or 5th guard.

Moose

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2012, 11:05:31 AM »

Please don't take this wrong, but that's the mindset of a fanbase that hopes to be "upper half of the Big East" and "Get to the tourney regularly".    Steve Lavin didn't come here for that.  He came to build a championship program.   One that WINS the Big East.  One that advances in the Dance.  One that will eventually WIN the NCAA title.    And you do that with 5 man guard rotations, 5 man forward rotations, and 2-3 man center rotations.   

Also, if Severe thinks he's too good for 5 man guard rotation, then that isn't an issue.  Kids who think they're good don't believe THEY'LL be the 4th or 5th guard.

You mentioned 12-13 spots above.  Not many teams run more than 10 guys out there, some even less.

How deep were Steve's teams at UCLA?
Remember who broke the Slice news