Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y. - FORDHAM

• 676 replies

Chilleb

Re: Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y.
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2012, 10:33:19 PM »
But back to severe his skill set is a dime a dozen if we're aiming for elite level talent from here on out. ( I would prefer Jordan) but severe is one notch below elite in my book. He shoots it, handles it, nice size, and has a ton of heart. He'd be a stud in the A10 or sec or big 10 dosent matter , whatever team lands this kid there getting a player. And btw are you guys aware that he cracked the 150 rankings? I think that should put the mid-major talk to bed. If he believed he was mid-major good he would have committed to one a year ago. The big fish that shows him the most love is gonna be a happy camper. If rutgers is gonna be the one then hey kudos to Rice.

Happy

« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2012, 10:36:22 PM »
Guys don't want severe yet we love Phil Greene, I don't get it

It is clear he is developing nicely and IMO could be a solid contributor for us. You have been saying this for some time and may be right. Staff, however, must feel otherwise and I respect that.

I am a fan of Severe's game.. But IMO the A-10 is a perfect level for him .. That being said I have no idea what the Big East will look like soon so to say he isn't Big East might not be the case.  If this staff wants to go national and get top players then a kid like Jon would be a waste. Not a knock on him .. But a player like him is a dime a dozen. Unless of course you just wanted to keep a local kid home.

On the other hand, if you give him a ship and don't play him and he transfers, it looks bad to the local community

Ted .. We will never please the local power brokers.  NY is the most hating basketball community on the planet and if it had some unity could really help us and kids in general out.  One needs to look no further than the fact that there is 200 AAU teams in NY.

No loyalty from the new handlers. None of them are teaching the kids about the history or essence of NYC basketball, there to busy selling out to the out of town powerhouses and preps. I bet you a kid like severe wouldn't know who Dave Edwards was but any local Kentucky kid can write a novel on tony delk. The amount of AAU teams however doesn't bother me because of the talent depth. It's just hard to keep the talent here. Couldn't agree more though about the hate I'm on the scene righ now and unity is the last thing on everyone's mind.

Spot on Chilleb. And you hit a nerve with that Dave Edwards comment..  History isn't being taught and loyalty isn't being valued.. In Oakland everyone wants to play for the soldiers .. Can you imagine NY with 2 or 3 great teams? Shane Rector played for the Playaz this summer for goodness sake.  Ok back on topic. Jon Severe....

« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2012, 11:03:07 PM »
But back to severe his skill set is a dime a dozen if we're aiming for elite level talent from here on out. ( I would prefer Jordan) but severe is one notch below elite in my book. He shoots it, handles it, nice size, and has a ton of heart. He'd be a stud in the A10 or sec or big 10 dosent matter , whatever team lands this kid there getting a player. And btw are you guys aware that he cracked the 150 rankings? I think that should put the mid-major talk to bed. If he believed he was mid-major good he would have committed to one a year ago. The big fish that shows him the most love is gonna be a happy camper. If rutgers is gonna be the one then hey kudos to Rice.

How does he compare to a player like Sean Kilpatrick? I've never seen Severe play, but just wondering.

Chilleb

« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2012, 11:14:59 PM »

How does he compare to a player like Sean Kilpatrick? I've never seen Severe play, but just wondering.

Different skill sets but same type of player as far as being a great college player by junior year.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 11:15:33 PM by Chilleb »

paultzman

« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2012, 09:22:40 AM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Christ the King shooting guard Jon Severe has changed his mind and decided he's not ready to pick a school yet, he tells me.”

paultzman

« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2013, 06:33:15 PM »
Don't know what interest connotes, but Chilleb may have a point about this kid's development.

“@NYPost_Brazille: Indiana has showed interest in Christ the King's Jon Severe per @TheRecruitScoop. Senior starting to blow up.”

Chilleb

« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2013, 08:11:27 PM »
Don't know what interest connotes, but Chilleb may have a point about this kid's development.

“@NYPost_Brazille: Indiana has showed interest in Christ the King's Jon Severe per @TheRecruitScoop. Senior starting to blow up.”
If we don't land Jordan someone get chiles to CTK ASAP!!!

Happy

« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2013, 08:23:28 PM »

If we don't land Jordan someone get chiles to CTK ASAP!!!

Really a fan of his game as you know.. But I hope this isn't a case of a kid choosing to sign late and then being over recruited due to the fact that he is one of the best players left in his class .  Indiana ?   C'mon go to a Rhode Island type school and do damage from day 1.

« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2013, 08:54:23 PM »
Grasso

paultzman

« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2013, 11:55:52 AM »
“@CNG_Staszewski: Christ the King surging after strong Mass. tournament play http://t.co/U7fthsTj via @TimesLedger”

Chilleb

« Reply #110 on: January 05, 2013, 04:21:27 PM »
Only if..

gman

« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2013, 12:43:18 PM »
“@CNG_Staszewski: Christ the King surging after strong Mass. tournament play http://t.co/U7fthsTj via @TimesLedger”

Is this kid fuchs any good? I see he has a lot of mid major and low high major offers (rivals claims Florida has offered) plus interest from some big boys.

Happy

« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2013, 01:12:43 PM »

Is this kid fuchs any good? I see he has a lot of mid major and low high major offers (rivals claims Florida has offered) plus interest from some big boys.

He has zero chance of going to a Florida type school to play basketball.. But he could in football.

Chilleb

« Reply #113 on: January 06, 2013, 02:07:06 PM »

He has zero chance of going to a Florida type school to play basketball.. But he could in football.
+1

gman

« Reply #114 on: January 06, 2013, 03:03:16 PM »

Gothca, thanks.  Haven't heard the name before seeing it in that article.

« Reply #115 on: January 06, 2013, 05:55:53 PM »
Just seen him play at Xaverian. Poured in 28.

Happy

« Reply #116 on: January 06, 2013, 06:05:17 PM »
Just seen him play at Xaverian. Poured in 28.

How was Latiek Laney for Xaverian ?

paultzman

« Reply #117 on: January 06, 2013, 06:31:38 PM »
“@Dylan_Butler: Alabama was in Bay Ridge to recruit Severe #msgvrecruit”

« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2013, 08:40:22 PM »
Latiek was in foul trouble all game and couldn't stay on floor. Had 4 points I think.

Chilleb

« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2013, 09:08:13 PM »
“@Dylan_Butler: Alabama was in Bay Ridge to recruit Severe #msgvrecruit”
Let me guess, is he still being over-recruited?