Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y. - FORDHAM

• 676 replies

Happy

Re: Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y.
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2012, 07:11:04 PM »
URI is a no brainer for this kid at this point, they will be the best team in that league in a few years.

Heard numerous times that he will pick Bonaventure.   I do agree that Rhode Island would be the move for him.

MCNPA

« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2012, 07:53:35 PM »
URI is a no brainer for this kid at this point, they will be the best team in that league in a few years.

Agree 100%. And Hurley is an excellent coach. Severe would fit perfectly there.

gman

« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2012, 09:11:36 PM »

How long do you think hurley stays there? He bails first major that comes calling.

LJSA

« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2012, 09:26:53 PM »

How long do you think hurley stays there? He bails first major that comes calling.

Teams came calling when he was coaching high school, and he didn't jump at first offer.

kob24

« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2012, 12:34:52 PM »
I highly agree pmg

paultzman

« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2012, 06:05:49 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Severe is looking at four schools now: St. Bon., Rhode Island, Duquesne and GW.”

boo3

« Reply #86 on: November 08, 2012, 06:16:13 PM »
 If I ever get to meet Paultzman in person, something tells me I'm going to be disappointed when I see he doesn't have a twitter feed scrolling across his forehead.    ;)

paultzman

« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2012, 09:12:46 PM »
For ChilleB

“@HarlemCW1LL: Heard my young boy John Severe went off today in his first game of the year. 33pts and a W. #Lightningfam”

Chilleb

« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2012, 10:00:56 PM »

For ChilleB

“@HarlemCW1LL: Heard my young boy John Severe went off today in his first game of the year. 33pts and a W. #Lightningfam”

8)

paultzman

« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2012, 10:14:59 AM »
ChilleB, hope this takes a little bit of sting out of last night's game. Interesting comments about Rutgers leaving BE;

“@AdamZagoria: Severe Leads Christ the King to Win, Talks Schools http://t.co/vliyhNwS @Sevec3”

« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2012, 02:30:18 PM »
can see why he doesn't want him. He makes contested 3s. ???

Chilleb

« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2012, 07:57:40 PM »
Underrated

paultzman

« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2012, 07:55:32 PM »
“@TheRecruitScoop: 2013 Christ The King (NY) SG Jon Severe is attending the Rutgers Basketball game tonight.”

Chilleb

« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2012, 08:23:57 PM »
Guys don't want severe yet we love Phil Greene, I don't get it

paultzman

« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2012, 08:28:08 PM »

It is clear he is developing nicely and IMO could be a solid contributor for us. You have been saying this for some time and may be right. Staff, however, must feel otherwise and I respect that.

Happy

« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2012, 09:43:39 PM »

It is clear he is developing nicely and IMO could be a solid contributor for us. You have been saying this for some time and may be right. Staff, however, must feel otherwise and I respect that.

I am a fan of Severe's game.. But IMO the A-10 is a perfect level for him .. That being said I have no idea what the Big East will look like soon so to say he isn't Big East might not be the case.  If this staff wants to go national and get top players then a kid like Jon would be a waste. Not a knock on him .. But a player like him is a dime a dozen. Unless of course you just wanted to keep a local kid home.

sju89tr

« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2012, 10:00:36 PM »

I am a fan of Severe's game.. But IMO the A-10 is a perfect level for him .. That being said I have no idea what the Big East will look like soon so to say he isn't Big East might not be the case.  If this staff wants to go national and get top players then a kid like Jon would be a waste. Not a knock on him .. But a player like him is a dime a dozen. Unless of course you just wanted to keep a local kid home.

On the other hand, if you give him a ship and don't play him and he transfers, it looks bad to the local community

Happy

« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2012, 10:12:36 PM »

On the other hand, if you give him a ship and don't play him and he transfers, it looks bad to the local community

Ted .. We will never please the local power brokers.  NY is the most hating basketball community on the planet and if it had some unity could really help us and kids in general out.  One needs to look no further than the fact that there is 200 AAU teams in NY. 

« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2012, 10:23:52 PM »
The one game I saw him he looked very impressive. Looked like the best player on CTK with Calhoun on it. Albeit one game
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Chilleb

« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2012, 10:27:21 PM »

Ted .. We will never please the local power brokers.  NY is the most hating basketball community on the planet and if it had some unity could really help us and kids in general out.  One needs to look no further than the fact that there is 200 AAU teams in NY.

No loyalty from the new handlers. None of them are teaching the kids about the history or essence of NYC basketball, there to busy selling out to the out of town powerhouses and preps. I bet you a kid like severe wouldn't know who Dave Edwards was but any local Kentucky kid can write a novel on tony delk. The amount of AAU teams however doesn't bother me because of the talent depth. It's just hard to keep the talent here. Couldn't agree more though about the hate I'm on the scene righ now and unity is the last thing on everyone's mind.