drama is finally over

• 165 replies

pmg911

Re: drama is finally over
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2014, 02:20:29 PM »

I totally agree with you but doubt that we will see that unless someone pressures Lavin to do so.  He hand picked them. 

He might have hand picked Dunlap & Rico Hines but Tony Chiles was certainly not his first choice

Odd because he was the first assistant named to the staff.

You might think it was odd but Lavin offered that #1 recruiting spot to at least 2 other people before he offered it to Chiles.

and just because Chiles was named first doesn't mean he was the first person Lavin had an agreement in place with to join the staff.

That was never the question or the point.  Not being the first choice is not the equivalent of NOT BEING handpicked.

The question was is this staff Lavin’s handpicked staff?  Is this the staff HE WANTS?  The answer is Yes.

Your post implied because Tony Chiles was NOT the first choice that somehow he was not handpicked or wanted.  Whether you meant that or not you can explain, but if you did not mean that then your response is completely irrelevant to the question of whether his current staff was handpicked or not.

Mike Dunlap was not the first choice either for the chair next to him.  That was actually Dave Letaio if you remember.  So what?  Nobody is going to argue that Dunlap or Whitesell weren’t guys Lavin ultimately chose.

Fordham - as always you are correct.  Just because he was not Coach Lavin's first or second choice for the job doesn't mean Coach Lavin didn't want him

Just curious - if you go into a suit store and look around and ask the sales person for suit #1 and he/she tells you they don't have it in your size, then you pick suit #2 - and get the same response - and then you pick suit #3 because it is available in your size and you need a suit - would you say you really got the suit you wanted..?

Enjoy the rest of your day, I don't want to get into an argument with anyone today...
That's correct, because 5 suits, heck 10 suits can meet our criteria for passing muster for a purchase, and we merely go in order.  As in anything in life, timing (whether the suit is available), need and pricing play a part.  ;D

Honestly - that is great response

« Reply #141 on: May 07, 2014, 02:29:31 PM »

I totally agree with you but doubt that we will see that unless someone pressures Lavin to do so.  He hand picked them. 

He might have hand picked Dunlap & Rico Hines but Tony Chiles was certainly not his first choice

You might think it was odd but Lavin offered that #1 recruiting spot to at least 2 other people before he offered it to Chiles.

and just because Chiles was named first doesn't mean he was the first person Lavin had an agreement in place with to join the staff.

That was never the question or the point.  Not being the first choice is not the equivalent of NOT BEING handpicked.

The question was is this staff Lavin’s handpicked staff?  Is this the staff HE WANTS?  The answer is Yes.

Your post implied because Tony Chiles was NOT the first choice that somehow he was not handpicked or wanted.  Whether you meant that or not you can explain, but if you did not mean that then your response is completely irrelevant to the question of whether his current staff was handpicked or not.

Mike Dunlap was not the first choice either for the chair next to him.  That was actually Dave Letaio if you remember.  So what?  Nobody is going to argue that Dunlap or Whitesell weren’t guys Lavin ultimately chose.

Fordham - as always you are correct.  Just because he was not Coach Lavin's first or second choice for the job doesn't mean Coach Lavin didn't want him

Just curious - if you go into a suit store and look around and ask the sales person for suit #1 and he/she tells you they don't have it in your size, then you pick suit #2 - and get the same response - and then you pick suit #3 because it is available in your size and you need a suit - would you say you really got the suit you wanted..?

Enjoy the rest of your day, I don't want to get into an argument with anyone today...
That's correct, because 5 suits, heck 10 suits can meet our criteria for passing muster for a purchase, and we merely go in order.  As in anything in life, timing (whether the suit is available), need and pricing play a part.  ;D

Honestly - that is great response
Your analogy truly parallels the decision making process.  None of us ever stop at the first choice for many items/people in our lives.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #142 on: May 07, 2014, 02:47:29 PM »
Speaking of decisions (Millitary Decision Making Process) that's for you BBall), is time that we change the name of this thread since after eight pages the drama is still not over? Change it to future BB decisions, or what other future changes need to be made moving ahead.
Cougar O' Malley

QuanMan

« Reply #143 on: May 07, 2014, 03:10:49 PM »
Thanks for the segue Nudginator. With the staff no longer in pursuit f Ryan Martin is our roster set? Is Jay Henderson definitely prepping? Do we look for another big via transfer/JUCO or do we hold off the remaining ship for 2015-16? Most importantly, are we comfortable to go to war next year with this roster?

I think that we're explosive and very deep at this point. I'd like more depth at the F/C, but I'm not uneasy. Then again, adding an instant scorer or added rebounding wouldn't hurt before the Spring Signing period ends.
Section 3
Section 116

MCNPA

« Reply #144 on: May 07, 2014, 03:23:02 PM »
Thanks for the segue Nudginator. With the staff no longer in pursuit f Ryan Martin is our roster set? Is Jay Henderson definitely prepping? Do we look for another big via transfer/JUCO or do we hold off the remaining ship for 2015-16? Most importantly, are we comfortable to go to war next year with this roster?

I think that we're explosive and very deep at this point. I'd like more depth at the F/C, but I'm not uneasy. Then again, adding an instant scorer or added rebounding wouldn't hurt before the Spring Signing period ends.

I'd like to add a wing that can score but I'm doubtful there are any in the cards for us.  Not many left on the board.

« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2014, 08:25:46 PM »

I have 4 brand new tailored suits sitting on my suit rack that have been unused since I bought them 5 months ago. I don't even know why I haven't worn them yet. And they probably fit better than my others that I wear..

What the hell does that say other than I wasted a bunch of money. lol

« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2014, 09:01:51 AM »

Just an FYI, all the CAPS just make people think you're yelling and generally that isn't a great way to get your point across. You make some fair points but you'd get further without all the CAPS.

This goes for everyone writing in CAPS does not stress your point, it just stresses everyone reading it.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2014, 09:55:42 AM »
I didn't put the whole post in caps just a certain phrase or word for emphasis.

I would agree with your point if the entire post was capitalized.

wpc77

« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2014, 10:43:50 AM »
I agree with Dave; I generally ignore posts with multiple "all CAPs" phrases.  At a quick glance it denotes an emotional post which therefore is likely to be too subjective to be worthwhile

boo3

« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2014, 10:55:08 AM »
To be fair, that wasn't Fordham's post.  Using caps to occasionally highlight something is fine.  But I have never been a member of the Internet blog police.

Foad

« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2014, 12:04:37 PM »
Using caps to occasionally highlight something is fine. 

No, caps and exclamation points are relied upon by hack writers to disguise their inability to persuade readers by logic and rhetoric.

But I have never been a member of the Internet blog police.

Good one.

« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2014, 12:11:54 PM »

I have 4 brand new tailored suits sitting on my suit rack that have been unused since I bought them 5 months ago. I don't even know why I haven't worn them yet. And they probably fit better than my others that I wear..

What the hell does that say other than I wasted a bunch of money. lol
MJ- good stuff.  I think your vetting process was a little weak, and you took on more suits than allowed by NC2A, I mean business, needs. lol

« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2014, 12:14:27 PM »

I'd like to add a wing that can score but I'm doubtful there are any in the cards for us.  Not many left on the board.
Nick Faust is there for 2015 if we're willing to wait for a guy who needs to be the center of the offense.  He's been secretly whining about it for three years.

boo3

« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2014, 12:24:35 PM »
 "No, caps and exclamation points are relied upon by hack writers"  -  foad

^ ha

Tha Kid

« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2014, 12:58:56 PM »

Just an FYI, all the CAPS just make people think you're yelling and generally that isn't a great way to get your point across. You make some fair points but you'd get further without all the CAPS.

This goes for everyone writing in CAPS does not stress your point, it just stresses everyone reading it.

I disagree, a word or two here or there capitalized is used as a way to emphasize the word.  Alternatively one could bold it.  While reading a post where caps are used on one or two words , I don't think the poster has some disorder where he interchanges between talking normally and yelling haphazardly; I realize he is using caps for emphasis.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:59:39 PM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

pmg911

« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2014, 01:12:31 PM »
ALL of you CLOWNS need to RELAX -

LAVS has everything on LOCK DOWN.

My cousin's SISTER boyfriends AUNT saw LAVS at 31 FLAVORS last night and he said Thomas was a BEAST.

BALDI & PMGo F yourself - I forgot more about the RED STORM then either of you NOBODYS ever knew.

« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2014, 01:18:03 PM »
Did SCOTCH steal PMG's login??

Tha Kid

« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2014, 01:35:29 PM »
ALL of you CLOWNS need to RELAX -

LAVS has everything on LOCK DOWN.

My cousin's SISTER boyfriends AUNT saw LAVS at 31 FLAVORS last night and he said Thomas was a BEAST.

BALDI & PMGo F yourself - I forgot more about the RED STORM then either of you NOBODYS ever knew.

LOL.  Every now and then I need one of those "posts".

"I drink and I know things"

Mike

« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2014, 03:40:02 PM »
I can't believe we are discussing the proper way to use caps. I mean really do people really get upset with caps?? If that's the case I feel sorry for them.

boo3

« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2014, 09:47:09 PM »
Jordan is confident...

blackjesus ‏@____whynot  3m
9 more month my family will be set #ipromise