Midnight Madness

• 157 replies
Re: Midnight Madness
« Reply #140 on: October 17, 2015, 03:38:35 PM »
CJ looks like he shed a quick 20 pounds this summer, in peak condition and threw down some acrobatic windmill dunks with ease.

Marcus' talent is elite, the hype is real, we have a legitimate superstar PG, get excited.

Moose has a smooth, effortless release. Pretty jumper. As he physically matures he's going to be great.

Others impressed as well (Malik, Tariq, Elijah, Amar), but what stood out to me most was the overall chemistry of this regime at its infancy. Much like Norm and Lavs' squads, the family atmosphere is there. The roar for Mullin was tremendous, and to see how much the players enjoy his presence was really refreshing. It's nice to see that Zendon was retained, and Mitch in Johnnies apparel. The 2015 banner was the cherry on top.   

Get me to Wagner night already, the best time of the year is almost here!

"Marcus' talent is elite, the hype is real, we have a legitimate superstar PG, get excited."
Oh I will after he is eligible, not getting to excited about players anymore then in the end he isn't eligible.

Poison

« Reply #141 on: October 17, 2015, 03:46:54 PM »
CJ looks like he shed a quick 20 pounds this summer, in peak condition and threw down some acrobatic windmill dunks with ease.

Marcus' talent is elite, the hype is real, we have a legitimate superstar PG, get excited.

Moose has a smooth, effortless release. Pretty jumper. As he physically matures he's going to be great.

Others impressed as well (Malik, Tariq, Elijah, Amar), but what stood out to me most was the overall chemistry of this regime at its infancy. Much like Norm and Lavs' squads, the family atmosphere is there. The roar for Mullin was tremendous, and to see how much the players enjoy his presence was really refreshing. It's nice to see that Zendon was retained, and Mitch in Johnnies apparel. The 2015 banner was the cherry on top.   

"Marcus' talent is elite, the hype is real, we have a legitimate superstar PG, get excited."
Oh I will after he is eligible, not getting to excited about players anymore then in the end he isn't eligible.

We have a compliance department who is responsible for things like this. Why wouldn't we trust their judgement?

ras

« Reply #142 on: October 17, 2015, 04:00:26 PM »

We have a compliance department who is responsible for things like this. Why wouldn't we trust their judgement?
We have not have the best track record w our compliance dept. I ,too am curbing my enthusiasm until he qualifies.

« Reply #143 on: October 17, 2015, 06:38:47 PM »
The annual get hyped by Christian Jones Only To End Up Disappointed Madness

Marillac

« Reply #144 on: October 17, 2015, 07:14:16 PM »
The annual get hyped by Christian Jones Only To End Up Disappointed Madness

Never bought in and not going to start now.  Now, Balamou, that's my weakness :(

Poison

« Reply #145 on: October 17, 2015, 09:32:49 PM »

We have not have the best track record w our compliance dept. I ,too am curbing my enthusiasm until he qualifies.

Sorry, that was a joke. STJ does what it knows how to do.

« Reply #146 on: October 20, 2015, 10:55:44 AM »
So...now that people here have seen the players...is there any chance for a postseason or are the pundits right about this being a bottom feeder this year?

« Reply #147 on: October 20, 2015, 11:15:10 AM »
Unlikely there is a postseason. Young team.

« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2015, 12:07:00 PM »
So...now that people here have seen the players...is there any chance for a postseason or are the pundits right about this being a bottom feeder this year?

It's going to be a lonnnnng year.  no hope for postseason.

« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2015, 12:36:06 PM »

Wont make my prediction until a LoVett verdict is reached.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #150 on: October 20, 2015, 02:55:41 PM »

Wise.  I'll hold my prediction until I see Lovett cleared and Williams show that he's healthy and has the physical tools to match his impressive skill set. That is the x-factor.  I think 14-15 wins is the floor in any case, but I am not has hopeful as I was before the scrimmage. 

« Reply #151 on: October 20, 2015, 03:51:42 PM »

The question is regarding post season.  You think w/Lovett we have a shot? I don't think so.  He's not Hatten.  He won't be able to carry this team. He may help us win 2 more games, but it won't happen against Nova, GTown, Providence, etc.  Which would mean we don't make the postseason.

« Reply #152 on: October 20, 2015, 04:37:01 PM »
Agreed.  Even if Lovett and Williams play, and play well, there will be no NCAA or NIT.  Just not enough there, and little experience.  Was very dissappointed with Durand and Mvouika, the two players I had the most faith in.  Maybe something will change with the next scraimmage but I doubt it.

« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2015, 04:42:44 PM »
Maybe I'm being too hasty with this.  Maybe they just put in the offense.  After all, it was only Oct. 16th.  They didn't look good though.  Offense looked "high schoolish".  I know CM will improve them.

Wods317

« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2015, 04:55:12 PM »
Maybe I'm being too hasty with this.  Maybe they just put in the offense.  After all, it was only Oct. 16th.  They didn't look good though.  Offense looked "high schoolish".  I know CM will improve them.

It was an exhibition for the fans not a game. Those were not the offensive and defensive sets you will see during the season. We always take too much from these exhibitions. It was meant to be fun for the fans, wouldn't judge a player good or bad off of it.

TONYD3

« Reply #155 on: October 20, 2015, 05:44:25 PM »
I read this site a few times a day. I am plenty interested. The scrimmage was boring. I took it off after 10 minutes. No defense. No intensity. Looking forward to the season. Nothing can be taken either positive or negative.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 05:45:50 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2015, 09:55:36 PM »
MM scrimmage was just for fun. Guys were playfully pushing each other and Pres Gempishaw even called a T on coach Mullin. Suspect we will get a better gauge of things from the scrim on Oct 31 as players start competing for PT.

« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2015, 10:28:59 PM »

The question is regarding post season.  You think w/Lovett we have a shot? I don't think so.  He's not Hatten.  He won't be able to carry this team. He may help us win 2 more games, but it won't happen against Nova, GTown, Providence, etc.  Which would mean we don't make the postseason.

With LoVett and good health I think we can finish outside the bottom three in the league. And if we finish 7th in the BE we may have a shot at the NIT.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.