Radio Flyer

• 37 replies
Radio Flyer
« on: December 24, 2014, 12:51:09 PM »
I think the bandwagon is starting to fill up.  :up:

4545 on a Friday night then 5014 on a Monday night closer to Christmas.  Opponents with a similar lack of marquis value.  That's attendance momentum.

After we hear crickets in Brooklyn,  we have a guaranteed sellout against Butler.

If this continues we might be pleasantly surprised at the numbers going forward.  Looks like the team might get some much needed and deserved assistance for their conference run.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 04:45:46 PM by carmineabbatiello »

Re: Radio Flyer
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2014, 12:24:45 AM »
I was shocked there were so many people on Monday. The crowd on Friday night felt like 20,000 because of how loud they were.

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2014, 12:48:42 AM »
Looks like they opened some of the upper deck seating at Barclay's. Might be a decent crowd for Tulane game.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2014, 12:32:52 PM »
Looks like they opened some of the upper deck seating at Barclay's. Might be a decent crowd for Tulane game.
That is awesome!
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 10:10:16 PM »
we have a guaranteed sellout against Butler.

If you look at the map on ticketmaster for this game theres only about 15 tickets left

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 02:34:15 PM »
I think the bandwagon is starting to fill up.  :up:

4545 on a Friday night then 5014 on a Monday night closer to Christmas.  Opponents with a similar lack of marquis value.  That's attendance momentum.

After we hear crickets in Brooklyn,  we have a guaranteed sellout against Butler.

If this continues we might be pleasantly surprised at the numbers going forward.  Looks like the team might get some much needed and deserved assistance for their conference run.

Might have a decent crowd in Brooklyn.

I just took a look at vividseats and according to that site they only have 7 total seats for sale in the lower bowl at Barclay's for this weekend.

Stubhub is only showing 123 available seats.

Attendance should be interesting.

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 02:38:22 PM »
I think the bandwagon is starting to fill up. :up: 4545 on a Friday night then 5014 on a Monday night closer to Christmas. Opponents with a similar lack of marquis value. That's attendance momentum. After we hear crickets in Brooklyn, we have a guaranteed sellout against Butler. If this continues we might be pleasantly surprised at the numbers going forward. Looks like the team might get some much needed and deserved assistance for their conference run.
Might have a decent crowd in Brooklyn. I just took a look at vividseats and according to that site they only have 7 total seats for sale in the lower bowl at Barclay's for this weekend. Stubhub is only showing 123 available seats. Attendance should be interesting.
If there are 1,000 people actually in the seats for our game Sunday I would be shocked.

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 02:50:41 PM »
I think the bandwagon is starting to fill up. :up: 4545 on a Friday night then 5014 on a Monday night closer to Christmas. Opponents with a similar lack of marquis value. That's attendance momentum. After we hear crickets in Brooklyn, we have a guaranteed sellout against Butler. If this continues we might be pleasantly surprised at the numbers going forward. Looks like the team might get some much needed and deserved assistance for their conference run.
Might have a decent crowd in Brooklyn. I just took a look at vividseats and according to that site they only have 7 total seats for sale in the lower bowl at Barclay's for this weekend. Stubhub is only showing 123 available seats. Attendance should be interesting.
If there are 1,000 people actually in the seats for our game Sunday I would be shocked.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing but which other school would be buying a ton of tickets the past two weeks? I don't see either Loyola or Fairfield buying many tickets. Hofstra? LIU?

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 02:57:18 PM »
Yeah I was thinking the same thing but which other school would be buying a ton of tickets the past two weeks? I don't see either Loyola or Fairfield buying many tickets. Hofstra? LIU?

There's no tickets available on those secondary market sites because nobody bought tickets in the first place  to resell.

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 03:11:58 PM »

There's no tickets available on those secondary market sites because nobody bought tickets in the first place  to resell.

You are probably right. It's a crappy lineup of games.

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2014, 03:29:52 PM »
You are probably right. It's a crappy lineup of games.

Any lineup with us in it is a great lineup this season.  Get me an egg cream and a coney island with a knish. I'm going.

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2014, 04:56:41 PM »
Just wondering why Loyola/Fairfield is the headliner. You probably could have talked me into going if the game wasn't at noon.

jr49

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2014, 05:00:44 PM »
Doesn't tv/Fox make the times.

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2014, 05:13:07 PM »
St. John’s vs. Tulane – 12:00PM
LIU-Brooklyn vs. Hofstra – 2:30PM
Fairfield vs. Loyola Maryland – 5:00PM
Garbage

St John vs Iona

LIU  vs Hofstra 

Fordham vs Manhattan

Money

Poison

« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2014, 07:27:38 PM »
St. John’s vs. Tulane – 12:00PM LIU-Brooklyn vs. Hofstra – 2:30PM Fairfield vs. Loyola Maryland – 5:00PM Garbage St John vs Iona LIU vs Hofstra Fordham vs Manhattan Money
St.John's would kill Iona this year. 

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2014, 07:31:43 PM »
St. John’s vs. Tulane – 12:00PM LIU-Brooklyn vs. Hofstra – 2:30PM Fairfield vs. Loyola Maryland – 5:00PM Garbage St John vs Iona LIU vs Hofstra Fordham vs Manhattan Money
St.John's would kill Iona this year.
We will never know

TONYD3

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2014, 07:33:58 PM »
14 Iona vs 3 St. John's is possible if Iona could finally win their tournament 

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2014, 07:38:58 PM »
Doubtful. MAAC sucks this year. I'm expecting the team representing the MAAC o be a 15/16 seed

Poison

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2014, 08:16:25 PM »
Doubtful. MAAC sucks this year. I'm expecting the team representing the MAAC o be a 15/16 seed
You're right. Manhattan can't score. Siena is awful. Maybe Monmouth and St.Peter's are okay, but no one has strong non conference wins, except for Iona, and even they don't have enough of them. 

Poison

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2014, 09:12:44 PM »
There's no tickets available on those secondary market sites because nobody bought tickets in the first place to resell.
Bingo. 
Look, we all know the Barclay Center is awful, but the team deserves the trip and the effort. If you guys have an Amex card, you can get main level tickets for under $30, and all things considered, that's a fair deal.