Shawn Michaels

• 7 replies
Shawn Michaels
« on: August 28, 2009, 10:16:25 PM »
I was only 3 when this was on but I get bored in my hospital room so I have lowered my TV standards. At 3 PM every day I watch Classic AWA Wrestling on ESPN Classic since I am a wrestling fan. They showed matches of the Midnight Rockers and I noticed something, there was a time that Shawn Michaels had no mullet and was more buff. I also noticed that Larry Zbysizko had one instead of his days in WCW when he had normal hair and in AWA, he did not go by Living Legend. They are up to the days now in 1988 when Sgt Slaughter was there and so was Jerry The King Lawler. Its weird seeing wrestling back then without the hard falls and no high flying manuvers. AWA is mostly holds. All I have to say is God Bless Vince and Eric for modernizing wrestling, and Vince for taking a rep hit for SCREWING OVER BRETT IN MONTREAL which led to the Attitude Era of Austin, new DX, and the Rock

kob24

Re: Shawn Michaels
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 11:48:15 PM »
was that the name of his original tag team? i remember them

Moose

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 12:52:19 AM »
was that the name of his original tag team? i remember them

The Rockers with Marty Janette?
Remember who broke the Slice news

LJSA

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 02:19:42 AM »
They also air it at night -- it's on right now for me from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m. I try to watch when I come across it but it's usually too painful.

AWA was by far the weakest of the big three promotions. Until they landed Hulk Hogan, it was pretty much two old guys swapping the belt.

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 01:20:37 PM »
They also air it at night -- it's on right now for me from 11 p.m. to 1 a.m. I try to watch when I come across it but it's usually too painful.

AWA was by far the weakest of the big three promotions. Until they landed Hulk Hogan, it was pretty much two old guys swapping the belt.

Bockwinkel and Gagne or is that too old school?

LJSA

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 05:51:26 PM »
I'm 38, so those are the two guys I was talking about.

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

LJSA

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 05:49:18 PM »

Bockwinkel and Gagne or is that too old school?

Mike Wilbon just mentioned Nick Bockwinkel on PTI.