Jevon Thomas - PG - OSNA - Rosedale, NY - KANSAS STATE

• 378 replies
Re: Jevon Thomas - PG - OSNA - Rosedale, NY
« Reply #280 on: September 28, 2011, 11:57:26 AM »
Archie Miller aint no joke and neither is Dayton.

Agreed.

I think it is a good fit.  He was not going to Seton Hall fwiw.  There is a reason he left the area and landed at QEA.

boo3

« Reply #281 on: September 28, 2011, 03:22:25 PM »
  Good luck to the kid.  I don't know why he decided to back out of his commitment, but hopefully this works out for him.  Dayton has a legit program.  Still would  have liked to see him here.

Moose

« Reply #282 on: September 28, 2011, 03:23:11 PM »
  Good luck to the kid.  I don't know why he decided to back out of his commitment, but hopefully this works out for him.  Dayton has a legit program.  Still would  have liked to see him here.

Mutually agreed upon change.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Re: Jevon Thomas - PG - OSNA - Rosedale, NY - DAYTON
« Reply #283 on: September 28, 2011, 07:07:13 PM »
Attended UD School of Law so will continue to follow Jevon as much as possible and wish him and the Flyers much success. Attended from 78 to 81 when their star was 6'4" Roosevelt Chapman from NYC's Westinghouse HS.

pmg911

« Reply #284 on: September 29, 2011, 12:31:07 PM »
Good luck to the young man but how do you commit to a school you have never visited.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #285 on: September 29, 2011, 01:03:16 PM »
Good luck to the young man but how do you commit to a school you have never visited.
I think a phone call or email would do the trick.

Kidding aside - if he likes the coaches, likes what they're selling, why not? (Though I thought he visited the school at some point.) Schools are a lot the same. Facilities, classes, girls. It's the coaches who make the difference in most cases, though the facilities can indicate a financial commitment. And if a player is really concerned with academics, he's trying for Northwestern and Stanford. Jevon Thomas, at this point, is not that guy.

derk

« Reply #286 on: September 29, 2011, 02:10:26 PM »
Attended UD School of Law so will continue to follow Jevon as much as possible and wish him and the Flyers much success. Attended from 78 to 81 when their star was 6'4" Roosevelt Chapman from NYC's Westinghouse HS.

Several years before that was Glinder Torain. Sound familiar ? Or how about Easy Ed Vincent.

« Reply #287 on: September 29, 2011, 09:09:55 PM »
I wish we still had this kid. Best of luck Jevon!! Dayton is no joke.

« Reply #288 on: September 29, 2011, 09:25:03 PM »

How much time do you think he'll spend on campus? Other than practice of course

pmg911

« Reply #289 on: September 30, 2011, 06:47:45 AM »
I have never been to Dayton so its hard to tell but since Jevon has never been there to begin with, he will probably want to explore the local area a little bit.

« Reply #290 on: September 30, 2011, 03:07:53 PM »

Several years before that was Glinder Torain. Sound familiar ? Or how about Easy Ed Vincent.
Not familiar with those guys but right before I got there they had Jim Paxson. Before that I remember Donnie May who went on to play for the Knicks.

« Reply #291 on: November 19, 2011, 05:14:23 PM »
Living in the Dayton area there are pluses and minuses.  Dayton itself is a hole...sorry but it is.  I taught there and have visited numerous times.  The areas around Dayton are a different story.  The variety of things to do between Dayton and Cinci is incredible.  You can hit a nightclub environment, drive up the road about 7 miles and be at a rodeo (I know an unlikely stop - its just an example) or hit fine dining and malls in between the two.  The fans are fiercely loyal so he will have a fun playing atmosphere and the arena is beautiful.  Our high school team made regionals 3 straight years and so we got to play down there.  I wish him luck though I hate that he chose UD over SJU.

« Reply #292 on: November 19, 2011, 08:26:43 PM »
Maybe next year we get to play Javon in the Charleston classic.

Moose

« Reply #293 on: November 19, 2011, 09:24:27 PM »

Maybe Jevon will get eligible next yr?

« Reply #294 on: November 21, 2011, 08:56:11 PM »
Would love it-ungergrad St J law school-UD. Am definitely heading down there with my time share. Don't worry-will be rooting hard for Johnnies-Flyers I prefer when they win but far from live and die with them like I do with Johnnies.

paultzman

« Reply #295 on: April 06, 2012, 03:05:04 PM »
Kid will be 30 by the time he gets to college.

“@SteveKellerNRR: Javon Thomas is going to Quality Education in NC & reclass to 2013. PG is athletic & best going to basket. Settling in as good Mid DI.”

Moose

« Reply #296 on: April 06, 2012, 03:06:10 PM »

“@SteveKellerNRR: Javon Thomas is going to Quality Education in NC & reclass to 2013. PG is athletic & best going to basket. Settling in as good Mid DI.”

"Going to?" Does he mean he is currently going there or going there next year?  If so where was he this year?

paultzman

« Reply #297 on: April 06, 2012, 03:12:11 PM »

"Going to?" Does he mean he is currently going there or going there next year?  If so where was he this year?

I think key part is reclassifying. Maybe I missed that, but is news to me. Mid major comment confirms what a lot of folks have said.

Moose

« Reply #298 on: April 06, 2012, 03:12:51 PM »

I think key part is reclassifying. Maybe I missed that, but is news to me. Mid major comment confirms what a lot of folks have said.

Always knew he would be long shot for 12.  I'm just curious where he was this past year.

paultzman

« Reply #299 on: April 06, 2012, 03:15:15 PM »
It appears he was at NC Quality Ed. this year.