Jevon Thomas - PG - OSNA - Rosedale, NY - KANSAS STATE

• 378 replies

Chilleb

Re: Jevon Thomas - PG - OSNA - Rosedale, NY - DAYTON
« Reply #300 on: April 06, 2012, 06:01:08 PM »
2nd time this kid has reclassified, if he gets his act together wouldn't mind taking a stab at him, he hasn't peaked yet. He's getting stronger and smarter every time I see him.

« Reply #301 on: April 06, 2012, 06:20:49 PM »
2nd time this kid has reclassified, if he gets his act together wouldn't mind taking a stab at him, he hasn't peaked yet. He's getting stronger and smarter every time I see him.

This reclassyfying stuff is getting absurd
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:33:32 PM by Marco Baldi »

paultzman

« Reply #302 on: April 06, 2012, 06:29:59 PM »

This reclassyfying stuff is getting asurd

supporting quotes Baldi
“@DaveTelep: Instead of reclassing, maybe stay home, skip AAU and improve your grades? Radical, I know.”

“@DaveTelep: Would like kids to think about this: at what point is being almost 19 but playing in the 17 and under division sort of embarrassing?”

Moose

« Reply #303 on: April 06, 2012, 07:32:48 PM »

This reclassyfying stuff is getting asurd

supporting quotes Baldi
“@DaveTelep: Instead of reclassing, maybe stay home, skip AAU and improve your grades? Radical, I know.”

“@DaveTelep: Would like kids to think about this: at what point is being almost 19 but playing in the 17 and under division sort of embarrassing?”

Isn't that what Jevon did last year?  I thought he skipped all summer.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #304 on: April 06, 2012, 07:35:40 PM »
At this rate, I will be coaching Jevon Thomas in my intramural league next year

« Reply #305 on: April 06, 2012, 11:40:37 PM »
Remember when people were killing staff when "Jevon decommitted from St. John's"
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

LJSA

« Reply #306 on: April 07, 2012, 03:46:25 AM »
Remember when people were killing staff when "Jevon decommitted from St. John's"

Not too hard to remember because there were posters listing him in their anti-Lavin rants less than a month ago.

« Reply #307 on: April 07, 2012, 09:57:55 AM »
He's got a learning disability, he was never going to make it for 2012.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 02:38:24 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #308 on: April 07, 2012, 01:55:08 PM »
He's got a learning disability, he was never going to make it for 2013.

Thank you.

And funny how this practice is always done in fball and the outrage from recruitin sites aint there.
Hells, its done in Country Club communities where moms and pops want lil Johnny to be taller, stronger, smarter than his peers so he start 1st grade when he 7.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #309 on: April 07, 2012, 02:33:25 PM »
I was not one of them and staff should not be "killed" for his decommit but without committing board suicide is it not to harsh to ask just who accepted his commitment in the first place. Should be hearing from the sycophants any moment now.

LJSA

« Reply #310 on: April 07, 2012, 09:35:43 PM »
I was not one of them and staff should not be "killed" for his decommit but without committing board suicide is it not to harsh to ask just who accepted his commitment in the first place. Should be hearing from the sycophants any moment now.

I thought it was Norm, but maybe my memory is going.

Moose

« Reply #311 on: April 07, 2012, 10:09:55 PM »

I thought it was Norm, but maybe my memory is going.

Jevon was Lavin recruit not Norm.

« Reply #312 on: April 08, 2012, 04:42:00 AM »

Thank you.

And funny how this practice is always done in fball and the outrage from recruitin sites aint there.
Hells, its done in Country Club communities where moms and pops want lil Johnny to be taller, stronger, smarter than his peers so he start 1st grade when he 7.

I think there is a difference between the two.

I am born in August, I was a late bloomer grew 12" between the summer of my soph and junior year. I would have greatly benefitted athletically staying an extra year. Ultimately I chose my brain over my braun but I probably could have squeeze out some better offers with an extra year.

Not to say Jevon couldn't reap some of those same benefits from gaining an extra year to get stronger and better. The difference is that Jevon never could make it in the classroom. If he has a disability thats certainly unfortunate. I won't go into detail about his academic record but there are certain things he can control and do better by himself. Like anyone I root for him to succeed.

Down to business...

St. John's backed off Thomas and many people saw it as Thomas backing out of St. John's and people were quick to judge Lavin & co about their ability to recruit. 1. Thomas was never going to qualify 2. He wasn't showing improvement on the court either. Thomas isn't a loss to the program.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

paultzman

« Reply #313 on: April 08, 2012, 07:24:48 AM »

Thank you.

I am born in August, I was a late bloomer grew 12" between the summer of my soph and junior year. I would have greatly benefitted athletically staying an extra year. Ultimately I chose my brain over my braun but I probably could have squeeze out some better offers with an extra year.

Not to say Jevon couldn't reap some of those same benefits from gaining an extra year to get stronger and better. The difference is that Jevon never could make it in the classroom. If he has a disability thats certainly unfortunate. I won't go into detail about his academic record but there are certain things he can control and do better by himself. Like anyone I root for him to succeed.

Down to business...

St. John's backed off Thomas and many people saw it as Thomas backing out of St. John's and people were quick to judge Lavin & co about their ability to recruit. 1. Thomas was never going to qualify 2. He wasn't showing improvement on the court either. Thomas isn't a loss to the program.

+1

« Reply #314 on: April 08, 2012, 01:21:38 PM »

Thank you.

Down to business...

Actually I would consider backing off a recruit that you have already accepted a verbal commitment from as a poorer reflection on the staff than a kid being the one who backs out of his commitment.

Moose

« Reply #315 on: April 08, 2012, 01:36:12 PM »

Thank you.

Down to business...

Actually I would consider backing off a recruit that you have already accepted a verbal commitment from as a poorer reflection on the staff than a kid being the one who backs out of his commitment.

Depends if you knew he wasn't going to qualify

« Reply #316 on: April 08, 2012, 01:44:53 PM »
Agree Moose.

paultzman

« Reply #317 on: April 09, 2012, 06:57:45 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Correction: Jevon Thomas will graduate from Quality Education this spring and then pick a prep school. #boyshoops”

LJSA

« Reply #318 on: April 09, 2012, 07:20:09 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Correction: Jevon Thomas will graduate from Quality Education this spring and then pick a prep school. #boyshoops”

I predict that he spends two years at a prep school and then goes to a juco anyway.

boo3

« Reply #319 on: April 09, 2012, 07:27:54 PM »

I predict that he spends two years at a prep school and then goes to a juco anyway.

Iona?