Darrick Wood - SG - Palm Beach CC - Alexandria, VA - DEPAUL

• 915 replies

gman

Re: Darrick Wood - SG - Bridgton Academy - Alexandria, VA - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #820 on: July 13, 2012, 08:18:16 AM »
If he didn't make it he becomes a nice fall back option. We have bigger fish to fry in 13 and 14.

« Reply #821 on: July 13, 2012, 01:36:46 PM »
If he's a non qualfier going Juco a lot can change before '14 so he'll definitely stay on the radar no doubt.

« Reply #822 on: August 02, 2012, 09:35:56 AM »
If he's a non qualfier going Juco a lot can change before '14 so he'll definitely stay on the radar no doubt.

Per Zags he is looking to get into NW Florida.  Heard Steve Forbes is not ready to say yes to him.

« Reply #823 on: August 02, 2012, 07:00:58 PM »

Per Zags he is looking to get into NW Florida.  Heard Steve Forbes is not ready to say yes to him.
NW Florida a juco?

Moose

« Reply #824 on: August 02, 2012, 07:02:58 PM »

NW Florida a juco?

Yes
Same place Michael Chandler is going to.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #825 on: August 02, 2012, 07:10:58 PM »
Thanks.

desco80

« Reply #826 on: August 02, 2012, 09:19:20 PM »

NW Florida a juco?

Yes

Is that purely their own decision, have we cut ties?   Or has the staff suggested NW Florida?     
I know it's a premier JUCO, but what I'm trying to get at is are we stashing CHandler and Wood?   Or are they just doing what's best for their careers?

Moose

« Reply #827 on: August 02, 2012, 09:49:51 PM »

NW Florida a juco?

Yes

Is that purely their own decision, have we cut ties?   Or has the staff suggested NW Florida?     
I know it's a premier JUCO, but what I'm trying to get at is are we stashing CHandler and Wood?   Or are they just doing what's best for their careers?

I know nothing one way or the other but I don't think you will see us mentioned with them next year.  Then their last year will come up but by then I highly expect us to be involved with higher profile players and not consider them.

paultzman

« Reply #828 on: August 02, 2012, 09:53:53 PM »

NW Florida a juco?

Yes

I know nothing one way or the other but I don't think you will see us mentioned with them next year.  Then their last year will come up but by then I highly expect us to be involved with higher profile players and not consider them.

Agree

desco80

« Reply #829 on: August 02, 2012, 09:56:34 PM »

NW Florida a juco?

Yes

Agree

Thanks guys, I'm sure I wasn't the only one wondering about that.   I would guess a lot will have to do with our scholarship numbers too.   Who knows how many or what we'll need in 2014.   

« Reply #830 on: August 02, 2012, 10:21:03 PM »
Heard he is trying to get into NW Florida but again Forbes is not amenable.

Also heard Wood is trying to learn the point guard position.

Wingate of Rivals has a similar story.  It is paid site that I do not have a subscription for:

http://stjohns.rivals.com/

Moose

« Reply #831 on: August 02, 2012, 10:28:38 PM »

Wingate of Rivals has a similar story.  It is paid site that I do not have a subscription for:

You have Rivals subscription, no?
Why would that article of all articles be protected?
Sometimes I think Wingate just screws up when he posts things.  I've noticed that before and then next day they are fixed.

« Reply #832 on: August 02, 2012, 10:41:56 PM »

You have Rivals subscription, no?
Why would that article of all articles be protected?
Sometimes I think Wingate just screws up when he posts things.  I've noticed that before and then next day they are fixed.

Some articles require a subscription to a specific site, others merely require any rivals subscirption.

pmg911

« Reply #833 on: August 10, 2012, 07:02:31 AM »
If Chandler gets his act together, he is an elite recruit based on talent.

« Reply #834 on: August 10, 2012, 11:46:27 AM »
hey guys, can someone do me a favor.  i'm a little slow these days, and can't seem to follow this thread.  it seems like he's not coming, and that we used his schollie on jones.  and we're looking elsewhere with our lone 2013 schollie.  but he's still listed as a 2012 st. john's recruit.  shouldn't he be removed from the list?  or is there still a chance of him coming?  tx,

« Reply #835 on: August 10, 2012, 01:05:49 PM »
He is not coming in 2012, will not be eligible to come until 2014.

LJSA

« Reply #836 on: August 10, 2012, 03:56:41 PM »
If Chandler gets his act together, he is an elite recruit based on talent.

I think we definitely should stay in touch.

I like Wood if for no other reason that he wanted to be here, but players like him are easier to find than a center like Chandler.

« Reply #837 on: August 10, 2012, 07:38:43 PM »
hey guys, can someone do me a favor.  i'm a little slow these days, and can't seem to follow this thread.  it seems like he's not coming, and that we used his schollie on jones.  and we're looking elsewhere with our lone 2013 schollie.  but he's still listed as a 2012 st. john's recruit.  shouldn't he be removed from the list?  or is there still a chance of him coming?  tx,

I was waiting for official word before we change the thread. He is obviously not coming this year.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

paultzman

« Reply #838 on: August 13, 2012, 02:12:20 PM »

Good luck Darrick!“@AdamZagoria: Former St. John's & Hofstra Commits Go JUCO http://t.co/Lo4zhUmG

Palm Beach CC
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 02:16:10 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #839 on: August 13, 2012, 02:34:13 PM »

Good luck Darrick!“@AdamZagoria: Former St. John's & Hofstra Commits Go JUCO http://t.co/Lo4zhUmG

Palm Beach CC

Put your head down and get better on and off the court in the next 2 years and maybe he ends up wearing red when it is all said and done anyway.

Forbes of NW Florida did not have room for him apparently.