Khadeen Carrington - SG - Bishop Loughlin HS - Brooklyn, NY - SETON HALL

• 420 replies

paultzman

Re: Khadeen Carrington - SG - Bishop Loughlin HS - Brooklyn, NY
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 10:03:59 AM »
Nice article on budding star, notes SJU interest.

“@NYPost_Brazille: Bishop Loughlin sophomore star Khadeen Carrington has college interest - http://t.co/CqYNUMU1 http://t.co/jUnCWKvX via @newyorkpost”

Happy

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 12:55:25 PM »

“@NYPost_Brazille: Bishop Loughlin sophomore star Khadeen Carrington has college interest - http://t.co/CqYNUMU1 http://t.co/jUnCWKvX via @newyorkpost”

Some like Carrington better than Whitehead.  Glad we are showing the early interest .

Chilleb

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 12:59:42 PM »

Some like Carrington better than Whitehead.  Glad we are showing the early interest .
Whiteheads ability to play a defined position gives him the edge for me. Khadeen is tough but can't go right.

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 01:56:29 PM »
Khadeen is tough but can't go right.

Yet.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

paultzman

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 07:14:54 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Iowa State offered Bishop Loughlin sophomore Khadeen  Carrington just now , per a source. #boyshoops”

Give ISU credit, they're everywhere recruiting. BTW, realizing we have to close out the 2012 class soon, am a little concerned about our lack of activity with the 2013 group. Perhaps we are about to, but it seems we are a bit behind the curve. I know we don't have big numbers to fill for 13, but hopefully we are aggressive with high quality kids.

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 08:36:25 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Iowa State offered Bishop Loughlin sophomore Khadeen  Carrington just now , per a source. #boyshoops”

Give ISU credit, they're everywhere recruiting. BTW, realizing we have to close out the 2012 class soon, am a little concerned about our lack of activity with the 2013 group. Perhaps we are about to, but it seems we are a bit behind the curve. I know we don't have big numbers to fill for 13, but hopefully we are aggressive with high quality kids.

No worries, we got Europe locked up

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 09:35:30 PM »
The 2012 class is more important than any future classes cause we still have many holes to fill and we need all our attention on those kids because there really isn't many that are that talented and also fit Lavin style.  For the next two classes, depending on transfers and early NBA" we are gonna lose out on more than we succed with because there just won't be enough playing time and schollies to offer.  I'm sure on these boards we will be involved with a ton for 2013 and 2014 but a lot will be back up offers incase the 2 or 3 we really want don't sign.  We meaning the staff not guys on this board.

paultzman

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 10:28:09 AM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: So Carolina, DePaul and Boston College have offered Bishop Loughlin soph Khadeen Carrington, Lightning coach @HarlemCW1LL says. #boyshoops”

Happy

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 10:37:41 AM »
I'm not the one to second guess our coaching staff.. but I'm wondering why we aren't the first school offering kids like this in our backyard .  This kid is real good .. I do love the staffs national recruiting agenda.. But when a kid is a a sure fire big east talent.. U gotta get in early.  Maybe I am one to second guess :)

Moose

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 10:41:33 AM »
I'm not the one to second guess our coaching staff.. but I'm wondering why we aren't the first school offering kids like this in our backyard .  This kid is real good .. I do love the staffs national recruiting agenda.. But when a kid is a a sure fire big east talent.. U gotta get in early.  Maybe I am one to second guess :)

I will second guess you and ask, how do you know we haven't.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 10:43:12 AM »

Happy, ur right on the money. Can appreciate staff is busy in Europe, but we should have some presence at open workouts this week. With Childs away, would have been nice to have Rico show up a bit. I trust staff, but am a little disappointed with early 2013 and 2014 presence thus far.

Happy

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 10:43:50 AM »
We haven't .. Unless its a secret..  Iowa state was his first official offer.

Moose

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 10:45:51 AM »

Then this staff sucks.  I've had enough of their antics.

Happy

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 10:48:27 AM »

Lol. I didn't mean it to down the staff.. I love the job that they have done so far..  Nothing wrong with offering a slam dunk recruit early however.  Some like him better than Whitehead.

sju89tr

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 10:49:26 AM »

Happy, ur right on the money. Can appreciate staff is busy in Europe, but we should have some presence at open workouts this week. With Childs away, would have been nice to have Rico show up a bit. I trust staff, but am a little disappointed with early 2013 and 2014 presence thus far.

I assume we have a short list of players as we will have so few ships for 13 and 14 after this class signs.

2013- probably the 2 extra we won't use this year plus Gift's

2014-probably only with the departure of Sampson (I assume he stays 2 years-I hope!) and Marco and Sanchez if they commit

The 3 man classes are normal.

In addition, let us not forget Lavin was doing so much more recruiting during the season than any other coach. 

Moose

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 10:51:56 AM »

Lol. I didn't mean it to down the staff.. I love the job that they have done so far..  Nothing wrong with offering a slam dunk recruit early however.  Some like him better than Whitehead.

As I think you know the staff is very high on Whitehead.  If they play a similar game and staff is high on one then yes they might be putting all their eggs in one basket but also explains why it might be the case.

paultzman

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 10:52:22 AM »

I assume we have a short list of players as we will have so few ships for 13 and 14 after this class signs.

2013- probably the 2 extra we won't use this year plus Gift's

2014-probably only with the departure of Sampson (I assume he stays 2 years-I hope!) and Marco and Sanchez if they commit

The 3 man classes are normal.

In addition, let us not forget Lavin was doing so much more recruiting during the season than any other coach. 

Fair points! Guess I am just getting restless. Take a few deep breaths Paultz!!

Chilleb

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 10:58:46 AM »

As I think you know the staff is very high on Whitehead.  If they play a similar game and staff is high on one then yes they might be putting all their eggs in one basket but also explains why it might be the case.

2 totally different players, carrington plays with more agression and heart, whitehead with more flash. Edge to whitehead for me but tell me in not the only one who's tired of the kilpatricks, Durand Scott's, landesbergs  etc getting away.

Moose

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 11:01:46 AM »

2 totally different players, carrington plays with more agression and heart, whitehead with more flash. Edge to whitehead for me but tell me in not the only one who's tired of the kilpatricks, Durand Scott's, landesbergs  etc getting away.

Might have different characteristics however they play the same position more or less.  I know you love your NYC guys but all indications point to years like 13, 14, etc being 2-3 ships.  Can't get every single NYC player.  14 might be a year for a PG, add Whitehead and McCullough and you don't have room for Carrington and whoever else might be part of that class.