Florida

• 70 replies

Foad

Re: Florida
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2020, 04:25:44 PM »
simply logic which you may not be familiar with

Yeah, I have trouble with simple logic. Nitwit.

The flu wanes in the summer and waxes in the winter. Apply your giant logical brain to that. Draw a conclusion and get back to me.

Foad

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2020, 05:15:42 PM »
Adding to the death toll has been incentivized. This entire reaction will be remembered as a crock of sh*t and studied for decades. 

Tend to disagree (with one thing, not everything.) . In a normal environment this would've been studied. In this environment it'll be memory-holed. Oceania is at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.

I fear (relatively, as I'm somewhat old and have prepper levels of vodka, pork and ammo in my bunker) we've crossed the threshhold into a brave new world of forever survellience. Lock down means that every virtual communication you have - work and personal - is captured, catalogued and subject to consumption by the government. Drones are taking people's temperatures and measuring social distancing. Fascists like DiBlasio are encouraging citizens to denounce their neighbors - just dial 311! -  just as complacent French citizens denounced their Jewish neighbors to the Gestapo. Our liberties - the right to work, to grow your own food, to petition the government for redress of grievance, to assemble, to worship, to arm, to be free from unreasonable search and seizure, to due process - have been sacrificed to the greater good in exchange for a monthly welfare check. And the sheeple applaud.

In short, I think we're intecoursed.

When this alleged pandemic first started I thought that we were seeing in real time the refutation of everything in which the idiot left believes - urbanization, globalization, outsourcing, mass immigration, open borders, socialized medicine - and even the little things  like banning single use plastic bags to save the polar bears and mass transit because the ice caps are melting and we're all going to drown. It's recently occurred to me that these things were put in place so that when this sort of event happened a boot in your face forever wouldn't seem like the worst outcome. Because EVERYONE MIGHT DIE!!!!

Marillac

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2020, 05:49:39 PM »

simply logic which you may not be familiar with

How do you explain the seasonality aspect of nearly every virus known to man?

cjfish

« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2020, 10:10:33 AM »
How do you explain the seasonality aspect of nearly every virus known to man?

how do you explain outbreaks in the southern hemisphere and other hot areas?

cjfish

« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2020, 10:13:23 AM »
Yeah, I have trouble with simple logic. Nitwit.

The flu wanes in the summer and waxes in the winter. Apply your giant logical brain to that. Draw a conclusion and get back to me.

than explain the virus in the southern hemisphere dopey

Foad

« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2020, 12:17:52 PM »
than explain the virus in the southern hemisphere

I assume you meant "then explain" genius. If so I'd be delighted.

"The third and final thing that I think gets back to the question that many of you in the audience have asked of us, is about: Would this possibly become a seasonal cyclic thing? And I’ve always indicated to you that I think it very well might.

And the reason I say that is that what we’re starting to see now in the Southern Hemisphere — in southern Africa and in the Southern-Hemisphere countries — is that we’re having cases that are appearing as they go into their winter season."

-- Anthony Fauci

Ouch. That's going to leave a mark.

Marillac

« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2020, 05:10:12 PM »

how do you explain outbreaks in the southern hemisphere and other hot areas?

(1) You understand the Southern Hemisphere has the opposite winter as us, right? As we are leaving they are nearing. That is precisely when you would expect to see cases rise.

(2) Just to be clear, there are places in the Southern Hemisphere that have snow all year long. It’s not the Cayman Islands.

(3) The flu (and other viruses) never completely goes away in warm weather. The spread is just slowed by less than ideal conditions.

wpc77

« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2020, 08:44:33 PM »
I assume you meant "then explain" genius. If so I'd be delighted.

"The third and final thing that I think gets back to the question that many of you in the audience have asked of us, is about: Would this possibly become a seasonal cyclic thing? And I’ve always indicated to you that I think it very well might.

And the reason I say that is that what we’re starting to see now in the Southern Hemisphere — in southern Africa and in the Southern-Hemisphere countries — is that we’re having cases that are appearing as they go into their winter season."

-- Anthony Fauci

Ouch. That's going to leave a mark.

One might ask where the poster went to college, but then one might have to shake his head in shame, so best leave it alone even though I just didn't. 

Poison

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2020, 11:10:35 PM »
One might ask where the poster went to college, but then one might have to shake his head in shame, so best leave it alone even though I just didn't. 

Trump University.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 09:29:54 AM by Poison »

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2020, 04:50:12 AM »

(3) The flu (and other viruses) never completely goes away in warm weather. The spread is just slowed by less than ideal conditions.

Just on point 3, if we look at the data from Sub-Saharan Africa (and exclude North Africa), wherein most countries' temperatures were 80 degrees and humidity at least 50 percent or higher from beginning March onwards, (although some countries further below in the Southern Hemisphere were heading into their winters as you mention) ... Over a span of now 50 days there have been 380,000 tests, 18,600 cases and 450 deaths. That is even less than NY state in a DAY (during the peak). 

One reason is of course climate, another is that it is the least globalized region in the world, another is that they saw what was happening in China, Italy and US and closed their borders and had partial lockdowns, another may be their diverse exposure to some of the nastiest viruses and diseases such as Ebola, Malaria for ages now and having developed more resilient immune systems, so corona might be just a walk in the park ...

Foad

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2020, 12:15:13 PM »
If only those hillbillies in Florida and Georgia had paid attention to science like we did here in New York this entire catastrophe could have been averted.

Marillac

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2020, 05:28:01 PM »
It’s nice to see Gretchen Whitmer, the Governor of Michigan and queen of COVID-19 alarmism, going maskless in protests with thousands of people.

What a 180. She went from not allowing people to say goodbye to dying loved ones or hold funerals for them after dying to throwing it all out the window overnight.

Two weeks ago when people protested her closures she fired back, “I am not going to succomb to political pressure or political demonstrations or social media pressure.”

She ended up doing that for the left. How cute.

Poison

« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2020, 09:12:11 PM »
It’s nice to see Gretchen Whitmer, the Governor of Michigan and queen of COVID-19 alarmism, going maskless in protests with thousands of people.

What a 180. She went from not allowing people to say goodbye to dying loved ones or hold funerals for them after dying to throwing it all out the window overnight.

Two weeks ago when people protested her closures she fired back, “I am not going to succomb to political pressure or political demonstrations or social media pressure.”

She ended up doing that for the left. How cute.

Glad to see that you support the protestors.

Marillac

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2020, 11:11:43 PM »
Glad to see that you support the protestors.

I didn’t express a value judgment on the worthiness of the protests, but if you want to open that door....

9 unarmed black men were killed by police in 2019 while 19 unarmed white men were killed by police in 2019. Without searching, name one white person that was killed.

1,004 people were killed by police last year alone and approximately 10,000 over the last decade. Name one Asian. Name one white. Name one Polynesian. Name one Indian. Name one Hispanic. You can’t. Nobody can. Because only one narrative is driven by the media. This comes up every election cycle. They force it down our throats and don’t allow anyone to escape it.

Not only can I not name one non-black killed by police over the last decade, I can’t even vaguely describe the facts of any such death. You don’t find that even a little suspicious?

I can name one non-black person killed by police in my entire life and that was the GF of my best friend since kindergarten, Marcus Padilla, who was also killed.

As for George Floyd. That was a blatant murder and it makes me very angry to watch how casually the officer took his life and how little his racially mixed peers did to stop such an egregious abuse of power and disregard for human life. If it was up to me he’d be tortured to death.

The job attracts bullies and the powerful unions make it hard to fire bad officers.

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2020, 06:37:20 PM »
Just on point 3, if we look at the data from Sub-Saharan Africa (and exclude North Africa), wherein most countries' temperatures were 80 degrees and humidity at least 50 percent or higher from beginning March onwards, (although some countries further below in the Southern Hemisphere were heading into their winters as you mention) ... Over a span of now 50 days there have been 380,000 tests, 18,600 cases and 450 deaths. That is even less than NY state in a DAY (during the peak). 

One reason is of course climate, another is that it is the least globalized region in the world, another is that they saw what was happening in China, Italy and US and closed their borders and had partial lockdowns, another may be their diverse exposure to some of the nastiest viruses and diseases such as Ebola, Malaria for ages now and having developed more resilient immune systems, so corona might be just a walk in the park ...
I know you know Africa well but as a counter to that somewhat look at what'shappenin in Peru specifically Iquitos the largest most remote city in the world not accessible by road from the outside world and Peru has had one of the toughest lockdowns and way tougher than the US and iquitos meets your weather and humidity and has ton of diseases from the Amazon. Heck Im relatively sure I got something from the Amazon from bites yer and half ago and doctors still dont know what it is or was. And iquitos is getting it bad

Poison

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2020, 05:24:32 PM »
Florida

Marillac

« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2020, 10:05:43 PM »
Florida

New York has 31,814 deaths. Florida has 3,616.

Poison

« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2020, 10:51:46 PM »

(Emperor’s voice) Patience.

« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2020, 11:54:53 PM »

Not fair, Cuomo murdered a lot of them.

Marillac

« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2020, 11:58:11 PM »
(Emperor’s voice) Patience.

(Your old special ed teacher’s voice) Stop being so stupid.