Rawle Alkins - SG - Word of God - ARIZONA

• 1011 replies

paultzman

Re: Rawle Alkins
« Reply #300 on: July 10, 2015, 08:51:14 PM »
@AdamZagoria: My man @Iam_RawleAlkins went for 34 points in the final. Yeah, he's pretty good.

goredmen

« Reply #301 on: July 10, 2015, 10:03:48 PM »
@AdamZagoria: My man @Iam_RawleAlkins went for 34 points in the final. Yeah, he's pretty good.

Does Zagoria still think he discovered this kid?

« Reply #302 on: July 11, 2015, 10:28:50 AM »

Does Zagoria still think he discovered this kid?
I hope not. There's only 1 Otto Porter every 10 years or so now.

Marillac

« Reply #303 on: July 13, 2015, 09:11:00 AM »
Sent out a tweet yesterday asking who wants to see him and Heron play together in college. 

« Reply #304 on: July 14, 2015, 12:17:28 AM »
Sent out a tweet yesterday asking who wants to see him and Heron play together in college. 
Me, if it is at SJU!

paultzman

« Reply #305 on: July 15, 2015, 06:52:30 PM »
@marcum89: Rawle Alkins attending Big Blue Madness   #SEC #BBN http://t.co/id5k3gK2Bq http://t.co/v2WYC9CHtg

paultzman

« Reply #306 on: July 15, 2015, 06:54:41 PM »
@CNG_Staszewski: Alkins said St. John’s pitch to him is to "be the King of New York." #sjubb

@NYPost_Brazille: Source close to Rawle Alkins says Indiana and St. John's are the most active, followed closely by Kentucky. #sjubb #bbn
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 06:59:03 PM by paultzman »

Tha Kid

« Reply #307 on: July 15, 2015, 07:24:31 PM »
@CNG_Staszewski: Alkins said St. John’s pitch to him is to "be the King of New York." #sjubb

@NYPost_Brazille: Source close to Rawle Alkins says Indiana and St. John's are the most active, followed closely by Kentucky. #sjubb #bbn

I know I probably shouldn't but I think we have a good shot with Rawle.  Especially if heron comes here.  This kid seems to want to be THE star not a star.  Think coach can sell him on that here...may know something about it from past experience...
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #308 on: July 15, 2015, 08:30:39 PM »
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria  · 30 minutes ago   Brookville, NY   
So @Iam_RawleAlkins has no list till spring 2016 but at this point it's trending toward Kentucky, St. John's & Indiana being 3 of the group.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria  ·30 minutes ago   Brookville, NY   
Sound familiar St. John's fans?

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria  · 4 minutes ago   Brookville, NY   
Having said that about Rawle & SJU/UK/IU one difference is that Slice is now at SJU. He is now standing under the basket watching Heron.

MCNPA

« Reply #310 on: July 15, 2015, 11:43:08 PM »
If we can land Heron, it could be the difference maker.  So could Rowan.  Heron could be a big draw for Alkins to stay here.  Alkins could play the PG spot here, with Heron at the 2 and a guy like Rowan at the 3.  Not saying that is gonna happen, but lading one of them could certainly help a ton landing the other(s).  Definitely no harm in the staff going hard after Alkins.  We need to get the Heron thing done.  It can start the ball rolling where we are no longer in total rebuild mode, but rather landing big fish.

paultzman

« Reply #311 on: July 16, 2015, 08:25:15 AM »
If we can land Heron, it could be the difference maker.  So could Rowan.  Heron could be a big draw for Alkins to stay here.  Alkins could play the PG spot here, with Heron at the 2 and a guy like Rowan at the 3.  Not saying that is gonna happen, but lading one of them could certainly help a ton landing the other(s).  Definitely no harm in the staff going hard after Alkins.  We need to get the Heron thing done.  It can start the ball rolling where we are no longer in total rebuild mode, but rather landing big fish.

We will land Heron IMO. If Ahmed is willing to commit early, I would gladly take him even if it meant no Alkins. Get the "bird in hand" , establish some immediate momentum & flesh out 16 class with Ponds, Yakwe, etc. That is of course assuming Yakwe does not reclassify for 15. :)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 08:26:11 AM by paultzman »

MCNPA

« Reply #312 on: July 16, 2015, 09:06:18 AM »

We will land Heron IMO. If Ahmed is willing to commit early, I would gladly take him even if it meant no Alkins. Get the "bird in hand" , establish some immediate momentum & flesh out 16 class with Ponds, Yakwe, etc. That is of course assuming Yakwe does not reclassify for 15. :)

I'm just as good with that scenario.   I don't need it to be Alkins.  Just think a kid like that would give us some good exposure both within NYC and national recruiting circles.  I know it's the hype machine but it could help springboard us a bit.  I'd be just as good grabbing a Ponds.  Alkins though carries some weight.  He will easily be a McD'd player.

paultzman

« Reply #313 on: July 16, 2015, 09:15:42 AM »

I'm just as good with that scenario.   I don't need it to be Alkins.  Just think a kid like that would give us some good exposure both within NYC and national recruiting circles.  I know it's the hype machine but it could help springboard us a bit.  I'd be just as good grabbing a Ponds.  Alkins though carries some weight.  He will easily be a McD'd player.
No argument there MCN.

Marillac

« Reply #314 on: July 16, 2015, 09:59:22 AM »

I think the good thing with a player like Alkins is that he won't be scared off by anyone we add in 2016.  He is versatile enough to play just about anywhere on the floor.  If he waits until spring, it's a pretty good bet that Kentucky will already be filled up.

It seems like Cal has changed up his recruiting strategy a bit, as he'll have several guys that will be around 2-4 years.  Ulis from last year at point, and Murray, Matthews, and Mulder (Juco) at SG this recruiting class.

Tha Kid

« Reply #315 on: July 16, 2015, 10:11:48 AM »

I think the good thing with a player like Alkins is that he won't be scared off by anyone we add in 2016.  He is versatile enough to play just about anywhere on the floor.  If he waits until spring, it's a pretty good bet that Kentucky will already be filled up.

It seems like Cal has changed up his recruiting strategy a bit, as he'll have several guys that will be around 2-4 years.  Ulis from last year at point, and Murray, Matthews, and Mulder (Juco) at SG this recruiting class.

Not only will Alkins not be scared off, the more talent we have, the better we will project to be, the more competitive practices will be, etc.  IMO it could be advantageous to us that Rawle declares late as he will be given the benefit of seeing exactly what's in the cupboard.
"I drink and I know things"

SJU79

« Reply #316 on: July 16, 2015, 10:18:00 AM »
Herron is as good as done....My guess is Ahmid is SJU or Rutgers but hearing SJU....Alkins not going to Indiana.

Marillac

« Reply #317 on: July 16, 2015, 11:36:45 AM »
Herron is as good as done....My guess is Ahmid is SJU or Rutgers but hearing SJU....Alkins not going to Indiana.

A lot of size and versatility in that group...all three could easily play on the floor together. 

« Reply #318 on: July 16, 2015, 05:17:05 PM »

A lot of size and versatility in that group...all three could easily play on the floor together. 

Heron, Alkins and Ahmed would be a dream scenario. I'm intrigued by Bashir. That would also most likely mean that we lost out on Rowan which would be fine in that case obviously. Mussini and Lovett at the point and 1-3 spots are locked up and stacked and we can focus on the big men.

Johnny23

« Reply #319 on: July 16, 2015, 05:42:48 PM »
I was at the camp today. Heron looked good. Hard to tell in that type of setting but he runs the floor well, got a solid handle in traffic and drives to the hoop at will. Missed several free throws but that can be easily improved.

I was talking to Zag outside about Alkins and he just said that it's going to be a battle now that Calipari is involved. Cal was there along with a who's who of the biggest name coaches in the country.