Rawle Alkins - SG - Word of God - ARIZONA

• 1011 replies
Re: Rawle Alkins
« Reply #360 on: September 15, 2015, 07:37:58 PM »
If we were out of it Slice would not be visiting.Hopefully he will get homesick.

I don't recall anyone ever saying, we wasn't in it.  Just that many feel we won't land him.

Not to mention, the staff should continue to work to land Alkins, unless they personally felt they had no chance to bring him in.  Otherwise, why should they throw in the towel right now? 

ras

« Reply #361 on: September 15, 2015, 10:19:01 PM »
If we were out of it Slice would not be visiting.Hopefully he will get homesick.

I don't recall anyone ever saying, we wasn't in it.  Just that many feel we won't land him.

Not to mention, the staff should continue to work to land Alkins, unless they personally felt they had no chance to bring him in.  Otherwise, why should they throw in the towel right now? 
A couple of weeks ago a red men.com poster said he was told Alkins is not coming here. When I first read it, I thought it had credence. I think we have descent chance, but statistically the odds are against it w all the great schools recruiting him. But, we do have home field advantage.

Tha Kid

« Reply #362 on: September 16, 2015, 05:54:57 AM »
It may be a good thing he went away for his last year.  Gives him a year to see what he's missing by Leaving New York.  Most kids have to sit out a year once they leave if they want to come back making it harder (because their year way is freshman year).  Not so here.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 05:55:24 AM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #363 on: September 16, 2015, 09:05:30 AM »
I am hoping that someone has asked Erick Barkley, Omar Cook and Malik Boothe to help with recruiting him to St. John's. Last three CK guards who stood home and went to St. John's.

« Reply #364 on: September 16, 2015, 09:13:10 AM »
NC State now the favorite to land him?

*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

pmg911

« Reply #366 on: September 16, 2015, 02:13:03 PM »
I am hoping that someone has asked Erick Barkley, Omar Cook and Malik Boothe to help with recruiting him to St. John's. Last three CK guards who stood home and went to St. John's.

This kid has no interest in going to SJU

Happy

« Reply #367 on: September 16, 2015, 02:19:52 PM »

Not true

goredmen

« Reply #368 on: September 16, 2015, 02:23:58 PM »

Seems strange the staff would continue to pursue if that was the case

ras

« Reply #369 on: September 16, 2015, 03:32:48 PM »
I think it may come down to ; does he want to stay in NY? Lets hope he s very close to his family and they don't want to relocate.

pmg911

« Reply #370 on: September 17, 2015, 09:59:53 AM »

Strange - think about multiple SJU coaches who pursued multiple players to the bitter end that were not coming...  its their job to go after the players.

pmg911

« Reply #371 on: September 17, 2015, 10:01:19 AM »
I think it may come down to ; does he want to stay in NY? Lets hope he s very close to his family and they don't want to relocate.

This kid already knows about living inside & outside NYC..    if being close to his family were that important, he could have gone to prep schools MUCH closer to home

ras

« Reply #372 on: September 17, 2015, 10:12:27 AM »

This kid already knows about living inside & outside NYC..    if being close to his family were that important, he could have gone to prep schools MUCH closer to home
You make a valid point. Let's hope he gets home sick.

goredmen

« Reply #373 on: September 17, 2015, 10:21:28 PM »

Strange - think about multiple SJU coaches who pursued multiple players to the bitter end that were not coming...  its their job to go after the players.

No. Coaches don't go after players they don't think they have a chance of landing. Instead of they use their resources (time, travel budget) recruiting players they think they could land

« Reply #374 on: September 17, 2015, 10:44:47 PM »

I would like to add, why even bother including St. John's on the final list?

« Reply #375 on: September 17, 2015, 11:12:07 PM »

I would like to add, why even bother including St. John's on the final list?

Players do that fairly often.  Remember when Briscoe had Seton Hall and Rutgers in his final seven?  I was told by someone close to his recruitment there was no way he was going to either school.  The same happened with LJ Peak and South Carolina.  I was also told he wasn't going there.  But, they were listed in his final two or three.

Leave the local school in the race to keep the local fans intrigued.  I'm not saying this is what Alkins is doing, but it does happen often.   

« Reply #376 on: September 18, 2015, 09:56:47 AM »

No. Coaches don't go after players they don't think they have a chance of landing. Instead of they use their resources (time, travel budget) recruiting players they think they could land

Yeah they do, just to avoid getting slammed on these boards for not recruiting the studs (that have no interest in coming here). ;)

« Reply #377 on: September 18, 2015, 10:16:40 AM »
Slice has been known to land a blue chip or two. Don't mind him chasing since majority of the team is in place but said it from the start I strongly believe there is no shot.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

paultzman

« Reply #378 on: September 23, 2015, 09:44:11 AM »
@Iam_RawleAlkins: Indiana,Kansas,Kentucky,Louisville,NCState,NorthCarolina,UNLV,St.Johns

« Reply #379 on: September 23, 2015, 11:27:56 AM »
@Iam_RawleAlkins: Indiana,Kansas,Kentucky,Louisville,NCState,NorthCarolina,UNLV,St.Johns

Yay! We in his Top 8