Rawle Alkins - SG - Word of God - ARIZONA

• 1011 replies

Moose

Re: Rawle Alkins
« Reply #820 on: March 07, 2016, 02:43:29 PM »
Bocoum from Ark St is 6'10 260 from Harlem, must be the big being talked about as a 5th yr senior. But with Yakwe, Sima, Owens throw in AA and CJ (if he stays) size is decent.

You heard this?
Not exactly eye popping numbers.
Remember who broke the Slice news

hnk

« Reply #821 on: March 07, 2016, 03:05:32 PM »
Other site says Livingston.........averages a double/double.

sju89tr

« Reply #822 on: March 07, 2016, 03:09:57 PM »
Rawle was a long shot. Would have been nice but I never considered him to be someone that we could realistically get.

« Reply #823 on: March 07, 2016, 03:21:52 PM »
I haven't seen or really heard much of Bashir so I can't really say. But it's hard for me to envision Freudenberg and Ponds not starting or Yakwe. Unless one of them struggles early on and we relegate them to 6th man. Either way I think a frontcourt of Sima, Yakwe, Owens, and Alibegovic (at like 5 minutes) and a backcourt of Ponds, Lovett, Ellison and Mussini. And Freudenberg and Ahmed on the wings is more than capable of being at least .500 in conference play next year.
You say you have not seen or heard much about Ahmed who is a local kid who played HS ball here and has been talked about for two years of juco but you do know about Freudenberg? Do you make your films in Europe?  :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 03:22:45 PM by Celtics11 »

« Reply #824 on: March 07, 2016, 03:36:10 PM »
We needed our senior transfers this year...but I'd hate to see their clones coming in down the road.

« Reply #825 on: March 07, 2016, 03:37:58 PM »
Let's try to keep this on Rawle.

« Reply #826 on: March 07, 2016, 03:39:37 PM »
So we don't have any chance with Alkins, ,Maker or Fergunson

They are going to settle for a grad student transfer what happened to Fergunson

Do you think they should sticks to recruits 50-100 because they can not close out the deal on top 25 guys

Even the new staff couldn't close the deal with Herron, Rowan , Alkins, Maker and Fergunson

« Reply #827 on: March 07, 2016, 03:44:25 PM »

Do you think they should sticks to recruits 50-100 because they can not close out the deal on top 25 guys

Even the new staff couldn't close the deal with Herron, Rowan , Alkins, Maker and Fergunson

A few assumptions in this post.  It sounds like this was a post, in hopes of someone talking you off the ledge. 

johnniesfilmmaker

• Aspiring filmmaker
    • Through the Viewfinder
« Reply #828 on: March 07, 2016, 03:45:38 PM »
I haven't seen or really heard much of Bashir so I can't really say. But it's hard for me to envision Freudenberg and Ponds not starting or Yakwe. Unless one of them struggles early on and we relegate them to 6th man. Either way I think a frontcourt of Sima, Yakwe, Owens, and Alibegovic (at like 5 minutes) and a backcourt of Ponds, Lovett, Ellison and Mussini. And Freudenberg and Ahmed on the wings is more than capable of being at least .500 in conference play next year.
You say you have not seen or heard much about Ahmed who is a local kid who played HS ball here and has been talked about for two years of juco but you do know about Freudenberg? Do you make your films in Europe?  :)

Haha no but websites have more scouting reports and other analyses on him than I've seen from Bashir. And my only view on Ahmed is I don't know if he's a starter because I've never really read much about him. I've seen more on Freudenberg. That's why I usually fail to include him. Just lack of knowledge on the player. Freudenberg also has a bit better size from what I've seen.

johnniesfilmmaker

• Aspiring filmmaker
    • Through the Viewfinder
« Reply #829 on: March 07, 2016, 03:47:00 PM »

A few assumptions in this post.  It sounds like this was a post, in hopes of someone talking you off the ledge.

I think it's unfair to really hold this class against them. I think if we fail on kids like Tucker, Bamba, etc then I think we can really push our future expectations to at best the #25th ranked kid in the country. But let's see what these recruits can do when they have time to really develop relationship between these kids, themselves, AND the school.

« Reply #830 on: March 07, 2016, 03:51:21 PM »

How about we win a few games before expecting potential lottery picks to commit.  I am perfectly comfortable with the incoming crop consisting of Lovett (4*), Ponds (4*), Ahmed (4*), Freudenberg (4*), Owens (3-4*), and a transfer.

« Reply #831 on: March 07, 2016, 03:51:29 PM »

Haha no but websites have more scouting reports and other analyses on him than I've seen from Bashir. And my only view on Ahmed is I don't know if he's a starter because I've never really read much about him. I've seen more on Freudenberg. That's why I usually fail to include him. Just lack of knowledge on the player. Freudenberg also has a bit better size from what I've seen.

Ahmed starts and is probably our leading scorer

paultzman

« Reply #832 on: March 07, 2016, 04:00:06 PM »

How about we win a few games before expecting potential lottery picks to commit.  I am perfectly comfortable with the incoming crop consisting of Lovett (4*), Ponds (4*), Ahmed (4*), Freudenberg (4*), Owens (3-4*), and a transfer.

Exactly

« Reply #833 on: March 07, 2016, 04:27:05 PM »
Bocoum from Ark St is 6'10 260 from Harlem, must be the big being talked about as a 5th yr senior. But with Yakwe, Sima, Owens throw in AA and CJ (if he stays) size is decent.

You heard this?
Not exactly eye popping numbers.
No, just looked at roster and assumed big kid from Harlem would be the fit……Just responding to earlier post re 5th yr senior transfer from Ark St

sju89tr

« Reply #834 on: March 07, 2016, 05:30:16 PM »
We are damn lucky to have this staff, so people need to stop bashing them. We have a great class coming in and once we are more productive on the court next year, the floodgates will open. Why people need to have a jump of the ledge mentality is beyond me and I think we remain very much in the  Maker decision.   

« Reply #835 on: March 07, 2016, 05:55:21 PM »
I feel so disappointing going from three top twenty recruits to settle for someone from Arkansas state are they even a division one school

« Reply #836 on: March 07, 2016, 06:11:09 PM »
I don't really like to say it but don't you think it would have better for the program if he hired a young black assistant than St. Jean.

Also the European Ball Players seem to like St Johns more than most programs and young players in the United States

Pete88

« Reply #837 on: March 07, 2016, 06:12:04 PM »
I feel so disappointing going from three top twenty recruits to settle for someone from Arkansas state are they even a division one school

Maybe the problem is that your expectations were just a TAD high.   

« Reply #838 on: March 07, 2016, 06:18:36 PM »
I don't really like to say it but don't you think it would have better for the program if he hired a young black assistant than St. Jean.

Also the European Ball Players seem to like St Johns more than most programs and young players in the United States

Ya should've kept Rico Hines.

MCNPA

« Reply #839 on: March 07, 2016, 06:26:42 PM »

Yeah, you should have reeled it in.   Pretty stupid comments abound.