Rawle Alkins - SG - Word of God - ARIZONA

• 1011 replies

Moose

Re: Rawle Alkins
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2014, 10:04:32 PM »
Arbitello tried to get a relative of his to walk-on at SJU. Lavin turned him down, Arbitello ran his mouth on twitter, ratted on ADR, and now CTK is dead to SJUBB.
That is correct. But Marillac will create another option. Please.
I am aware of the Arbitello rumors. This guys asks who is the third party responsible for ratting on ADR and says "I guess we'll never know." He then asks in a separate tweet who the local coach that angled to get someone on SJU bench. Perhaps you know the guy who sent the tweet and have better context, but to me it appears like he is asking a genuine question.

If the first name listed is the guy who tweeted that then he is pretty tied into whats going on.
Remember who broke the Slice news

goredmen

« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2014, 10:14:52 PM »
Alkins is a JR this year but I'm pretty sure he's not eligible to play HS hoops again next year so he won't be at CTK. If Arbs really does hate SJU and would try to steer his kids elsewhere then we'd still have a shot at Alkins if we put the full court press on him after he leaves CTK.
Regardless of the relationship between Lavin and Arbs, it would be silly to not go after a top player that goes to high school 10 minutes from campus

« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2014, 12:18:06 AM »
i REALLY wish we had the full court press on this kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNFceploaSg

« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2014, 06:49:20 PM »
Unfortunately we fell back into a zone.

« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2014, 08:30:22 AM »
Why press a kid who shows no interest back?

Moose

« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2015, 08:39:24 AM »

Bingo
Remember who broke the Slice news

pmg911

« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2015, 05:50:44 PM »

Maybe they will be all over him when he is in prep school next season because he will not be at CTK…   kid should have left after last season to make sure his academics were on track...

NYCoffey

« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2015, 10:17:59 AM »
Article in the Daily News today about Alkins. He may not be eligible to play at CTK next year because he played a few games with the varsity team as an 8th grader. Would have to transfer out of NY.

pmg911

« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2015, 12:27:09 PM »
Article in the Daily News today about Alkins. He may not be eligible to play at CTK next year because he played a few games with the varsity team as an 8th grader. Would have to transfer out of NY.

He will not be eligible to play in NYC next year because of his age.

« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2015, 04:02:32 PM »

He will not be eligible to play in NYC next year because of his age.

It's been known for a while he won't be able to play his senior year at CK.

« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2015, 04:02:48 PM »
Was told new #sjubb coach would be given great opportunity to get involved with top city players Rawle Alkins of Christ the King. - Zach B

Marillac

« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2015, 09:49:11 PM »
Was told new #sjubb coach would be given great opportunity to get involved with top city players Rawle Alkins of Christ the King. - Zach B

Right around the time that Zach quoted an anonymous local coach saying that any coach SJU hires will be an improvement from day one over Lavin.

Arbitello is a clown. 

« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2015, 09:54:21 PM »

Right around the time that Zach quoted an anonymous local coach saying that any coach SJU hires will be an improvement from day one over Lavin.

Arbitello is a clown. 

zach is cool.  but i felt like he's always had something against Lavin.  what good does that quote do? adds nothing.

« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2015, 10:00:04 PM »

Arbitello is a clown. 

zach is cool.  but i felt like he's always had something against Lavin.  what good does that quote do? adds nothing.

You noticed a tone in his tweets.  He seems to be piling on.  He has been a bit of an embarrassment lately.  He should be better.
Then tweets about how Lavin is texting fans back calling that "Classy."  That inoculates him from being accused of being one-sided.

Marillac

« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2015, 10:03:55 PM »

Arbitello is a clown. 

You noticed a tone in his tweets.  He seems to be piling on.  He has been a bit of an embarrassment lately.  He should be better.
Then tweets about how Lavin is texting fans back calling that "Classy."  That inoculates him from being accused of being one-sided.

My thoughts exactly. Zach has been a big embarrassment over the last month or so.  I've supported him for quite some time until he kicked the nonsense into overdrive.  The shots as Lavin is out the door are just uncalled for an a compliment here and there doesn't make it any less bush league.  THE DAY Lavin is let go he runs to Arbitello for negative quotes.   Classless.

« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2015, 10:04:09 PM »

Arbitello is a clown. 

#exactly

« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2015, 10:07:49 PM »
And not to further pile on zach, but his angle has been a bit sloppy since the beginning of the season.  He was clearly bothered by not being given the access to players that he thought he should get. Seemed to enjoy broiling Lavin more than others.

« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2015, 10:09:30 PM »
So who was feeding all the info from Lavins side?

« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2015, 10:21:06 PM »
So who was feeding all the info from Lavins side?

I can tell you for sure, 100%, it was not Lavin that gave him the info about "being deep in discussion on a 3 year extension."

« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2015, 10:22:44 PM »
But let's keep this on Alkins.