Chris Obekpa player of the game

• 21 replies
Re: Chris Obekpa player of the game
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2014, 04:24:31 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, Phil's jersey should hang in the rafters for his performance in the Syracuse game.
Nothing would be a greater indication that this program has accomplished nothing of consequence ever than retiring the jersey of some guy who shot 6 for 16 in a meaningless out of conference game. So it certainly would be appropriate. And it'd be a nice complement to all those NIT banners.

You used to be fun.

Re: Chris Obekpa player of the game
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2014, 04:32:14 PM »
outside the 3 minutes he played at Syracuse has been pretty much a disaster.
except for the 36 minutes against Franklin Pierce; the 31 minutes against Gonzaga; the aforementioned 4 minutes (not 3) against Syracuse; the 36 minutes against Fairleigh Dickonson; and however minutes he played in the second half last night...you would almost be right. He single-handedly brought us our 1st Carrier Dome victory this millenium breaking their 50/60? non-conference game winning streak with the greatest end of game sequence seen in this state since Reggie Miller. A simple thank you would suffice.
As far as I'm concerned, Phil's jersey should hang in the rafters for his performance in the Syracuse game. [/quote]

True dat.  Bad mouthing his entire year and belittling those 4 historic minutes is like saying the Navy seals had a bad year too...until they got Osama Bin Laden.

Any rational Johnny fan would practically be giving him a pass on whatever he does and doesn't do the rest of this season. I guess it's just proof positive we live in a what have you done for me very lately world.

But come to think of it, what has he done for me very lately is score 12 second half points to spark win #10 against Long Beach Island.  Right when we needed it most with our top scorer having a sub par offensive foul plagued outing and our second best scorer MIA.

Thanks Phil!  Keep it going baby!!!

« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 04:40:35 PM by carmineabbatiello »