cjfish

Re: Chris Obekpa player of the game
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 09:58:17 PM »
good thinking

Moose

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 10:38:22 PM »
Saving someone trouble of making a poll

Someone will still vote for you know who ;)

In all seriousness we should do 3 stars of the game like in the NHL.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 11:21:58 PM »
Alibegivic. Loved his crucial late free throw!  :)

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 11:38:56 PM »
I like the P of G poll.  Don't sabotage it Wasju.

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 12:00:28 AM »
Saving someone trouble of making a poll
Someone will still vote for you know who ;) In all seriousness we should do 3 stars of the game like in the NHL.
I'm not opposed to recognizing players for different accomplishments like player of the game, defensive player of the game, bench player of the game. However this is kind of overkill. 
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2014, 08:51:05 AM »
I like the P of G poll. Don't sabotage it Wasju.

As I accurately predicated a few posts prior..................

desco80

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2014, 09:00:12 AM »
Moose, Chris was great last night, but surely you can see why some may vote for Phil after a game like that, no?

The token Phil votes are usually amusing, but I actually think he deserves them after yesterday's game.

desco80

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 09:01:44 AM »
Whatever happened to the good and the bad threads.  I liked that

hnk

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2014, 09:10:48 AM »
Yes...you especially liked the bad threads.

Moose

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2014, 09:37:55 AM »
Moose, Chris was great last night, but surely you can see why some may vote for Phil after a game like that, no? The token Phil votes are usually amusing, but I actually think he deserves them after yesterday's game.
Maybe I'm looking at it differently.  Maybe its due to it seems him having so many blind supporters.  I think Phil is a damn good shoot when he is squared up and catching the ball.  When he runs down the floor slows down a fast break with his behind the back dribble and then tries a fadeaway J, not so much.  I don't want to rain on the parade.  I don't dislike him.  But if I did my NHL stars of the game it would be 1- Chris, 2- Dom and then Jamal and Phil fighting it out for 3.  Some could even say Harrison as he had 10 boards.

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2014, 11:29:22 AM »
I like the P of G poll. Don't sabotage it Wasju.
As I accurately predicated a few posts prior..................

I swear it's not me.  I only vote for him when he deserves it.  We're 11 games in and I've voted for him only twice, the obvious times he won it. My vote this game goes to Oblockpa, honest.

P.S.  If it ain't broke...don't fix it.  P of G is good as is.  I like to read the reasons behind peoples crazy votes.

Foad

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2014, 11:39:10 AM »
Moose, Chris was great last night, but surely you can see why some may vote for Phil after a game like that, no? The token Phil votes are usually amusing, but I actually think he deserves them after yesterday's game.
Maybe I'm looking at it differently. Maybe its due to it seems him having so many blind supporters. I think Phil is a damn good shoot when he is squared up and catching the ball. When he runs down the floor slows down a fast break with his behind the back dribble and then tries a fadeaway J, not so much. I don't want to rain on the parade. I don't dislike him. But if I did my NHL stars of the game it would be 1- Chris, 2- Dom and then Jamal and Phil fighting it out for 3. Some could even say Harrison as he had 10 boards.

Greene has taken this year 12 shots fewer than Harrison and scored about 100 fewer points. He's shooting 37 percent from the floor and 29 percent from three. Other than scoring he brings very little to the table and outside the 3 minutes he played at Syracuse has been pretty much a disaster. This is where most of the shots Jakarr Sampson would have made at a 50 percent clip have gone.

desco80

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2014, 11:50:05 AM »
Can a moderator combine the two POG threads?  TY in advance

« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 03:12:53 PM »
outside the 3 minutes he played at Syracuse has been pretty much a disaster.

except for the 36 minutes against Franklin Pierce; the 31 minutes against Gonzaga; the aforementioned 4 minutes (not 3) against Syracuse; the 36 minutes against Fairleigh Dickonson; and however minutes he played in the second half last night...you would almost be right.

He single-handedly brought us our 1st Carrier Dome victory this millenium breaking their 50/60? non-conference game winning streak with the greatest end of game sequence seen in this state since Reggie Miller.

A simple thank you would suffice.

[/quote][/quote]
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 03:13:37 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 03:26:52 PM »
except for the 36 minutes against Franklin Pierce; the 31 minutes against Gonzaga; the aforementioned 4 minutes (not 3) against Syracuse; the 36 minutes against Fairleigh Dickonson; and however minutes he played in the second half last night...you would almost be right. He single-handedly brought us our 1st Carrier Dome victory this millenium breaking their 50/60? non-conference game winning streak with the greatest end of game sequence seen in this state since Reggie Miller. A simple thank you would suffice.
[/quote] [/quote]

As far as I'm concerned, Phil's jersey should hang in the rafters for his performance in the Syracuse game.

desco80

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2014, 03:55:48 PM »
except for the 36 minutes against Franklin Pierce; the 31 minutes against Gonzaga; the aforementioned 4 minutes (not 3) against Syracuse; the 36 minutes against Fairleigh Dickonson; and however minutes he played in the second half last night...you would almost be right. He single-handedly brought us our 1st Carrier Dome victory this millenium breaking their 50/60? non-conference game winning streak with the greatest end of game sequence seen in this state since Reggie Miller. A simple thank you would suffice.
[/quote] As far as I'm concerned, Phil's jersey should hang in the rafters for his performance in the Syracuse game. [/quote]
+1

I think the criticism of Greene is unfair.  No one claims he's the greatest of all time.
But he's hit some big shots for us this year.  
I do agree with Moose though, that the sizeup, and fadeaway is getting old, and is a low percentage shot.

paultzman

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2014, 04:05:00 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, Phil's jersey should hang in the rafters for his performance in the Syracuse game. [/quote] +1 I think the criticism of Greene is unfair. No one claims he's the greatest of all time. But he's hit some big shots for us this year. I do agree with Moose though, that the sizeup, and fadeaway is getting old, and is a low percentage shot. [/quote]

Getting 18 shots to me is not a plus. I know we were short handed, resulting in more PT for him, but he really is not that good a shooter to merit that many shots.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 04:05:32 PM by paultzman »

Foad

« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2014, 04:20:20 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, Phil's jersey should hang in the rafters for his performance in the Syracuse game.

Nothing would be a greater indication that this program has accomplished nothing of consequence ever than retiring the jersey of some guy who shot 6 for 16 in a meaningless out of conference game. So it certainly would be appropriate. And it'd be a nice complement to all those NIT banners.