Joe Girard, G, Glens Falls, NY - SYRACUSE

• 231 replies

Mike

Re: Joe Girard, G, Glens Falls, NY - SYRACUSE
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2019, 10:44:50 PM »
Burnt hills is half the size as some double AA schools, I disagree with you there.

Joe brings a lot of the hate on himself but it works for him, I wish he would tone it back but it has been something he’s done/had to deal with since 6th grade or so.

I moved down to Troy earlier this year but I would love to get a watch get together for those posters in the Albany/Saratoga area.

I’m sorry you are correct, I should’ve looked it up to verify instead of believing Marillac. 😉 based on this site http://www.nysphsaa.org/ADs-Coaches/Classifications they are in the middle of A with around 750.

As you stated with his teammates being weak and the competition being weak he should score 50 pts a game when he plays 95% of the game even in blow outs, shots 40 plus times in a game and gets every whistle even when you breath on him and it’s an automatic 15-20 pts from the line every night.

The one thing that has bothered me is that teams don’t get up on him right away. Most of the times they sit back inside the 3 pt line waiting. Frustrates the hell out of me. I would say the defense is weak but I think that’s just because the competition is not even close to his level. They can’t play zone, if Joe has a skill set of 95 then the defender will be a 50 or lower most nights.

Even with everything I said he is an exceptional athlete, it will be a long time before Class B will have this type of athlete again.

Btw, even though I work with his mom I will never root for Syracuse. Lol

Marillac

« Reply #221 on: January 16, 2019, 11:29:08 PM »
I’m sorry you are correct, I should’ve looked it up to verify instead of believing Marillac. 😉 based on this site http://www.nysphsaa.org/ADs-Coaches/Classifications they are in the middle of A with around 750.

As you stated with his teammates being weak and the competition being weak he should score 50 pts a game when he plays 95% of the game even in blow outs, shots 40 plus times in a game and gets every whistle even when you breath on him and it’s an automatic 15-20 pts from the line every night.

The one thing that has bothered me is that teams don’t get up on him right away. Most of the times they sit back inside the 3 pt line waiting. Frustrates the hell out of me. I would say the defense is weak but I think that’s just because the competition is not even close to his level. They can’t play zone, if Joe has a skill set of 95 then the defender will be a 50 or lower most nights.

Even with everything I said he is an exceptional athlete, it will be a long time before Class B will have this type of athlete again.

According to their own site they have a high school enrollment of 1,170.

https://www.bhbl.org/AboutUs/history_enrollmt.cfm
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:30:31 PM by Marillac »

Mike

« Reply #222 on: January 17, 2019, 07:15:36 AM »

It’s weird the the 2 sites are so far off, maybe they are hiding 400 plus that are not athletes. Lol all kidding aside that is strange.

« Reply #223 on: January 17, 2019, 07:17:46 AM »
The states numbers are only for grades 9-11.  They do not count seniors because obviously they are leaving the following year.  They do not count 8th graders because you can't determine how many go to private school, etc.

« Reply #224 on: January 17, 2019, 07:34:19 AM »

NYS classification is based on 3 year aggregate enrollment.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

cjfish

« Reply #225 on: January 17, 2019, 12:37:23 PM »

Averaging 50 is great anywhere, even in the north country where the talent is sparse.

Marillac

« Reply #226 on: January 18, 2019, 12:20:18 PM »
The states numbers are only for grades 9-11.  They do not count seniors because obviously they are leaving the following year.  They do not count 8th graders because you can't determine how many go to private school, etc.
NYS classification is based on 3 year aggregate enrollment.

Makes sense.

Looking at their schedule...Glens falls lost its only games against A teams. They lost by 28 to Burnt Hills and were outgained 573 yards to 249. They lost to Queensbury by 14 and trailed 35-7.

I think that says it all. Then they go down and beat a downtrodden Ravena team 62-7. I actually watched my niece cheer Saratoga Springs Pop Warner in Ravena.  By far the ugliest town I've ever seen and the worst football performance by a mile.

« Reply #227 on: January 18, 2019, 01:13:24 PM »
Makes sense.

Looking at their schedule...Glens falls lost its only games against A teams. They lost by 28 to Burnt Hills and were outgained 573 yards to 249. They lost to Queensbury by 14 and trailed 35-7.

I think that says it all. Then they go down and beat a downtrodden Ravena team 62-7. I actually watched my niece cheer Saratoga Springs Pop Warner in Ravena.  By far the ugliest town I've ever seen and the worst football performance by a mile.

Which were the two best teams in the area. Can’t throw to himself.

pmg911

« Reply #228 on: March 18, 2019, 10:46:05 AM »
Congrats to Girard, not many kids end their High School career with a buzzer beater to win a State Championship..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBZwV0OI98E

« Reply #229 on: March 18, 2019, 11:53:36 AM »
Freaking love it. A long time ago a Johnny jungle poster saw first hand JG miss a game winning shot and told him if you want to be the guy to make the game winner you’ve gotta be willing to be the guy who misses the game winner. What a career!

Marillac

« Reply #230 on: March 18, 2019, 12:15:34 PM »
Freaking love it. A long time ago a Johnny jungle poster saw first hand JG miss a game winning shot and told him if you want to be the guy to make the game winner you’ve gotta be willing to be the guy who misses the game winner. What a career!

OldRed?

« Reply #231 on: March 18, 2019, 12:32:55 PM »
OldRed?

Old red kept a hell of a book. Bold letters, bright colors. Very easy to look at.