Trust the Process

• 258 replies
Re: Trust the Process
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2018, 09:24:03 AM »
Still would take Lavin back in a heartbeat,

That's because you're dumb.
No because Lavin is Basketball coach . Basketball coaches are paid to win games.
U seriously can’t be this stupid.... LOL.... Lavin left Mullin w/ two schollie players : Jordan, who is a criminal... and Obekpa, who had b-ball IQ of a rock.

Anyone w/ half a brain realized it would take a MINIMUM of three years to turn this thing around. IMHO, we are right on schedule... w/out the injuries to our STARTING guards we would be in the top 25 as we speak..... pipe down u fool.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 09:29:26 AM by Mullin77 »

Pete88

« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2018, 09:27:38 AM »
Despite 0-3 in the Big East, the program is on the right track..  There are lots of plusses.  Lots of improvements. Lots of help on the way. Obviously, right now the depth and rebounding are lacking. Right now, we have zero margin of error.

Rome was not built in a day.

The Big East is brutal and will continue to be. 

This is college basketball...there is no process. This team is a disappointment any way you slice it. The staff went into this season with two kids that could dribble and one of them is a known p*ssy that can be kept out two months with knee sprain.

We MIGHT add one conference win to last year's total. That's not progress.

What would you know about p*ssy??  Stick to subjects you are well versed in, btw, basketball is not one of them!!

Pete88

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2018, 09:30:13 AM »

No because Lavin is Basketball coach . Basketball coaches are paid to win games.

Wrong, Lavin is a television commentator.  If he was so good at this coaching thing, he probably would be coaching. 

Poison

« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2018, 10:02:42 AM »

U seriously can’t be this stupid.... LOL.... Lavin left Mullin w/ two schollie players : Jordan, who is a criminal... and Obekpa, who had b-ball IQ of a rock.

Anyone w/ half a brain realized it would take a MINIMUM of three years to turn this thing around. IMHO, we are right on schedule... w/out the injuries to our STARTING guards we would be in the top 25 as we speak..... pipe down u fool.

Mullin had nothing to work with when he started. We all know that, but you’re not painting an accurate picture. Lavin was pushed out, or fired. Whichever. But the fact remains he didn’t have a chance to finish recruiting. We can’t say he left Mullin with two players when we know that he wasn’t going to leave himself with two players. When a coach is fired, players leave. That’s what you’re signing up for. As horrible as things turned out for Jordan, who was clearly a troubled kid from day one, they still included him as a member of the team. Had he stayed, his life may have turned out differently. I think you’re being unfairly hard on Obekpa. He wasn’t a well rounded player, but he absolutely would have helped the team had he returned. Work ethic and personality aside, he was still an above average center in the BE.

In addition to Jordan and Obekpa, Brandon Sampson would have played in the backcourt with Jordan. There’s no comparison to a backcourt of Jordan and Sampson and a backcourt of Mussini and M’Vouika.

Lavin made a mess of every class he brought here because the management part of the job ate him alive. He’s where he belongs now. Talking. It’s how he landed so many quality players early on, and then had no clue how to take it from there.

Foad

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2018, 10:07:23 AM »
you’re not painting an accurate picture

Don't worry, he'll start posting jpegs of steaming piles of dog shit soon enough.

« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2018, 10:11:14 AM »
Disgruntled bunch.

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2018, 11:13:28 AM »
We would have been the worst team in the Big East if Lavin stayed on......Jordan was going to be academically ineligible.....Doughty was ruled ineligible his first year....People said we would have got Lovett with Lavin ...He was ineligible first year.....Roster would have been Obkepa, Jones, Amar , Felix and Sampson and a bunch of no name freshman as well.....Even if Jordan did play the full season that team is probably beating DePaul  twice and maybe winning a third game against Marquette

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2018, 11:17:00 AM »
We would have been the worst team in the Big East if Lavin stayed on......Jordan was going to be academically ineligible.....Doughty was ruled ineligible his first year....People said we would have got Lovett with Lavin ...He was ineligible first year.....Roster would have been Obkepa, Jones, Amar , Felix and Sampson and a bunch of no name freshman as well.....Even if Jordan did play the full season that team is probably beating DePaul  twice and maybe winning a third game against Marquette

What place is St Johns in now?

« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2018, 11:19:38 AM »

Yet for some reason you never seemed all that upset finishing last during Norm years.

« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2018, 11:20:29 AM »
"In addition to Jordan and Obekpa, Brandon Sampson would have played in the backcourt with Jordan. There’s no comparison to a backcourt of Jordan and Sampson and a backcourt of Mussini and M’Vouika. "

1.  Sampson gave StJ a verbal because at that point in time, LSU had not offered.  Once LSU offered, he was going there and would not have gone to StJ.
2.  Jordan had stopped going to class and DID NOT qualify for at least the fall semester of the next year had he decided to return.  Mullin offered to help him and he declined.
3.  Who knows if Obekpa would have contributed to the basketball team's success since he was so flighty at best and his game did not mature beyond his ability to block shots.

« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2018, 11:20:49 AM »
These last two loses have been frustrating as we had every chance to win both games and blew it, but if we win the next two we are back in the hunt at 12-5. We won 14 games last year...Every year as a fan i/we expect NCAA but NIT is a realistic improvement giving the situation Mullin was given anything less then NIT is a failure......After this season there should be no reason we are not NCAA every year going forward and if we are not then the heat on Mullin should start coming.......With that said i do agree the Staff made a mess of this Roster for this season as we are seeing first hand what an injury can do to a shorthanded team but when we are healthy i expect us to go on a run and we can beat any team in the big east.

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2018, 11:22:24 AM »

Yet for some reason you never seemed all that upset finishing last during Norm years.

Program was is such disarray, I gave Uncle Norm a long leash. All these years later, still at the bottom

« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2018, 11:23:37 AM »
Marco you are a funny guy let me tell ya that!

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2018, 11:25:11 AM »
I would love to hear what you think would fix St. John's

hnk

« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2018, 11:27:58 AM »
The transfers who have to sit this year plus next year's recruits plus no one (besides Lovett) leaving.

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2018, 11:33:01 AM »

I am a Mullin guy. I think he can turn this around and willing to give him as long as he wants. With that being said, considering what came before him and the last 3 years after him, I think Lavin bashers need to get a grip. I feel he needed to go and was glad Mullin was hired but I have a feeling that when you look back at the program 20 years from now Lavin years might be the high point.

Poison

« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2018, 11:40:10 AM »

I don’t agree. They had no ball handlers. Sampson would have helped. Who knows who else we would have added? We don’t know. That’s my point. He didn’t have a lot, but overall each year he was here, Lavin was a good recruiter. Does he deserve the benefit of the doubt in that regard. It’s not so cut and dry.

How many top 100 recruits have we signed since he left? 2?

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2018, 11:41:13 AM »
I was not bashing Lavin at all...I was huge Lavin fan when they hired him and with the recruits he bought it...thought he was going to be around long term and he bought some excitement into the program after the dark days.......everyone is bashing on Mullin for that first year but Lavin would have been just as bad with the roster he had in year 6 for him

Poison

« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2018, 11:43:53 AM »
"In addition to Jordan and Obekpa, Brandon Sampson would have played in the backcourt with Jordan. There’s no comparison to a backcourt of Jordan and Sampson and a backcourt of Mussini and M’Vouika. "

1.  Sampson gave StJ a verbal because at that point in time, LSU had not offered.  Once LSU offered, he was going there and would not have gone to StJ.
2.  Jordan had stopped going to class and DID NOT qualify for at least the fall semester of the next year had he decided to return.  Mullin offered to help him and he declined.
3.  Who knows if Obekpa would have contributed to the basketball team's success since he was so flighty at best and his game did not mature beyond his ability to block shots.

I thought Sampson was released from LOI? Jordan, IDK how he was doing in the classroom or how anyone knows that. Obekpa is where I disagree. He wasn’t an All BE player as a junior, but I thought overall he played well. He started scoring more as a junior.

« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2018, 11:44:43 AM »

Mullin had nothing to work with when he started. We all know that, but you’re not painting an accurate picture. Lavin was pushed out, or fired. Whichever. But the fact remains he didn’t have a chance to finish recruiting. We can’t say he left Mullin with two players when we know that he wasn’t going to leave himself with two players. When a coach is fired, players leave. That’s what you’re signing up for. As horrible as things turned out for Jordan, who was clearly a troubled kid from day one, they still included him as a member of the team. Had he stayed, his life may have turned out differently. I think you’re being unfairly hard on Obekpa. He wasn’t a well rounded player, but he absolutely would have helped the team had he returned. Work ethic and personality aside, he was still an above average center in the BE.

In addition to Jordan and Obekpa, Brandon Sampson would have played in the backcourt with Jordan. There’s no comparison to a backcourt of Jordan and Sampson and a backcourt of Mussini and M’Vouika.

Lavin made a mess of every class he brought here because the management part of the job ate him alive. He’s where he belongs now. Talking. It’s how he landed so many quality players early on, and then had no clue how to take it from there.
Huh?... u are a babbling fool.

There is a reason Lavin can’t get a job... he shit the bed & left our program with nothing but a criminal & a pot head.... those are the FACTS “genius”(lol)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 11:46:56 AM by Mullin77 »