Shamorie Ponds NBA Potential

• 106 replies
Re: Shamorie Ponds NBA Potential
« Reply #100 on: February 22, 2018, 11:39:05 AM »
Here you go
“Precisely my point from months earlier.  The Catholic schools needed to bolt but don't kid yourself into thinking that losing Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville, UCONN, ND and replacing them with Xavier and Butler is an equal swap.

Geez wait til the ACC gets Louisville next year.  They will have arguably 4 of the top 10 most prestigious programs in the country. Cuse, Ville, UNC and Duke.

Throw in Pitt and and that is probably 5 of the top 15 jobs in America in 1 conference.”

No I get it and that is without question was a true statement at the time.  There is no one who would have disagreed.  Especially Louisville and Syracuse.  Even today without Pitino and even with their problems that is still a top 10 job.  In fact it will be interesting to see who Louisville can get with the cloud over hanging them.

« Reply #101 on: February 22, 2018, 11:42:24 AM »
Here you go
“Precisely my point from months earlier.  The Catholic schools needed to bolt but don't kid yourself into thinking that losing Syracuse, Pitt, Louisville, UCONN, ND and replacing them with Xavier and Butler is an equal swap.

Geez wait til the ACC gets Louisville next year.  They will have arguably 4 of the top 10 most prestigious programs in the country. Cuse, Ville, UNC and Duke.

Throw in Pitt and and that is probably 5 of the top 15 jobs in America in 1 conference.”

No I get it and that is without question was a true statement at the time.  There is no one who would have disagreed.  Especially Louisville and Syracuse.  Even today without Pitino and even with their problems that is still a top 10 job.  In fact it will be interesting to see who Louisville can get with the cloud over hanging them.

Those other schools absolutely not. But the SI article you mentioned disagreed with Pitt.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2018, 11:50:06 AM »
Here you go

It is going to suck to be the future Mrs  Amaseinyourface. After every argument he is going to pull out a tape recorder to play back something Mrs Mase said 5 years ago.
Advice for when you do get married, "I never said that" is the go to move to deflect and defend and is universally understood that it should not be questioned further.

Lol wouldn’t have to if people didn’t deny. Only thing that pisses me off is posters speaking in absolutes. Even in our ponds v hatten debate I always said it was fine to choose hatten.  Besides didn’t you make your fame with tale of the tape.

Honestly though some things are fluid.

Unlike Chris Mullins jumper?  Kidding man

My man Derek Brown had a nicer looking jumper than MUllin. It was real pretty up until it didn't go in. Lovett's jumper was also more aesthetically pleasing.
Mullin shot a kind of flick shot. Wasn't bad looking, just not classical looking jumper for such a great shooter. Was just talking about how it looked. Ichiro had like 5,00 combined hits. If my son tried hitting that way I would disown him.

You’re right, game tapes I saw with Derek brown i thought his jumper looked sweet. Was surprised by his stats. And I was one of posters who said Lovett would be a good 3pt shooter in college and got slack for it.

Quick, ugliest left form in sju history? Guards only. I got Elijah “Kodak” Ingrim.

« Reply #103 on: February 22, 2018, 11:55:33 AM »
Here you go

It is going to suck to be the future Mrs  Amaseinyourface. After every argument he is going to pull out a tape recorder to play back something Mrs Mase said 5 years ago.
Advice for when you do get married, "I never said that" is the go to move to deflect and defend and is universally understood that it should not be questioned further.

Lol wouldn’t have to if people didn’t deny. Only thing that pisses me off is posters speaking in absolutes. Even in our ponds v hatten debate I always said it was fine to choose hatten.  Besides didn’t you make your fame with tale of the tape.

My man Derek Brown had a nicer looking jumper than MUllin. It was real pretty up until it didn't go in. Lovett's jumper was also more aesthetically pleasing.
Mullin shot a kind of flick shot. Wasn't bad looking, just not classical looking jumper for such a great shooter. Was just talking about how it looked. Ichiro had like 5,00 combined hits. If my son tried hitting that way I would disown him.

You’re right, game tapes I saw with Derek brown i thought his jumper looked sweet. Was surprised by his stats. And I was one of posters who said Lovett would be a good 3pt shooter in college and got slack for it.

Quick, ugliest left form in sju history? Guards only. I got Elijah “Kodak” Ingrim.

Ingram w/o a doubt. Walter Berry shot from his shoulder but everything Berry did looked cool.
Chucky Sproling's form wasn't real ugly but the ball came out funky and he had some real ugly misses.

Another lefty who had a nice looking Jumper but never played and then left was Marcus Broadnax. Guy Louie recruited instead of Gary Payton I believe. Used to watch him drain jumper after jumper in warmups. Then we he did play he played scared.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 11:56:24 AM by we are sju »

« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2018, 12:00:10 PM »
Here you go

Those other schools absolutely not. But the SI article you mentioned disagreed with Pitt.

Correct Pitt was slipping at the time.  Part of the reason why Jamie left.  But even so they still have the resources to bounce back.  No question in 2010/11 they would have definitely been a top 15 job after that decade run in the BE.

I'm not sure what you mean by absolutely not? 

And let's be honest I don't think anyone foresaw the brand that has now become Villanova.  Villanova has not just been the dominant program in the BE it is now a top 10 overall program in America.  Nobody saw that coming 5 years ago.  Not that they could not be good but that they could be this good for this sustained period carrying the BE flag now.  The ACC has the advantage of having UNC, Duke, Louisville and now Virginia.  UNC won the NC last year, nearly won it two years ago and Duke probably has the best roster in college basketball.  Syracuse went to the Final Four in 2016 and Louisville was looking like a pre-season top 5 team before their Pitino mess.  Yet who is on the verge of winning 3 of the last 5 ACC regular season titles??? Virginia...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 12:00:53 PM by fordham96 »

« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2018, 12:07:18 PM »
Here you go

Correct Pitt was slipping at the time.  Part of the reason why Jamie left.  But even so they still have the resources to bounce back.  No question in 2010/11 they would have definitely been a top 15 job after that decade run in the BE.

I'm not sure what you mean by absolutely not? 

And let's be honest I don't think anyone foresaw the brand that has now become Villanova.  Villanova has not just been the dominant program in the BE it is now a top 10 overall program in America.  Nobody saw that coming 5 years ago.  Not that they could not be good but that they could be this good for this sustained period carrying the BE flag now.  The ACC has the advantage of having UNC, Duke, Louisville and now Virginia.  UNC won the NC last year, nearly won it two years ago and Duke probably has the best roster in college basketball.  Syracuse went to the Final Four in 2016 and Louisville was looking like a pre-season top 5 team before their Pitino mess.  Yet who is on the verge of winning 3 of the last 5 ACC regular season titles??? Virginia...

By absolutely not I meant that absolutely no one would argue with the other schools you mentioned being top 15. Pitt tho, yes. Personally I never thought of Pitt as a better program than nova. Even before these last five years.

« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2018, 12:51:01 PM »
Here you go

Well at least you didn't get any flack for it!  ;)