Maurice Calloo, 6-8 OF Oak Hill Academy VA

• 39 replies
Re: Maurice Calloo, 6-8 OF Oak Hill Academy VA
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2018, 07:53:31 PM »
Sorry but It's pretty shitty to have kids visiting and no ships available. Both to the kids on the team and the kid visiting.

Moose. When was the last time you were happy about anything?
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

goredmen

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 08:01:24 PM »
Sorry but It's pretty shitty to have kids visiting and no ships available. Both to the kids on the team and the kid visiting.

If the staff has no intention of opening up a scholarship for a visiting kid then yes it's a waste of time. But if Calloo wants to come and the staff is willing to open a ship up for him then go for it. However, seems we are an even more tricky spot here with Calloo visiting but there being another potential big in the mix that is a better option

MCNPA

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2018, 08:07:40 PM »

I’m pretty sure all parties know where the ship will come from, and almost assuredly there will be one opening if they are still recruiting.    I don’t think anybody is deceiving anybody here.
Up

Moose

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2018, 08:15:24 PM »

Moose. When was the last time you were happy about anything?

Excuse me???
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2018, 08:26:21 PM »

I’m pretty sure all parties know where the ship will come from, and almost assuredly there will be one opening if they are still recruiting.    I don’t think anybody is deceiving anybody here.
Up

If that's the case and yes I've heard the rumblings of who would leave but what is to gained by waiting. Longer the kid waits to leave the likelihood is another team might not have a spot ope

MCNPA

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2018, 09:09:41 PM »

Up

If that's the case and yes I've heard the rumblings of who would leave but what is to gained by waiting. Longer the kid waits to leave the likelihood is another team might not have a spot ope

No idea what is gained but also nothing lost.  The staff is still recruiting for that ship.  Why they haven’t announced it is beyond me, but there’s no heresy if they don’t immediately.   Maybe he’s not gonna be healthy enough to play at all next year?  All schollies need  renewal and it isn’t end of the school year.  Makes no difference when they announce it, but it seems that it’s going to be Diakite and related to injury.  Must be a reason but we are recruiting one spot regardless...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 09:12:10 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2018, 10:37:34 PM »

If the staff has no intention of opening up a scholarship for a visiting kid then yes it's a waste of time. But if Calloo wants to come and the staff is willing to open a ship up for him then go for it. However, seems we are an even more tricky spot here with Calloo visiting but there being another potential big in the mix that is a better option
Bit premature as neither player seems ready to commit besides this is the type "problem" you love to have. Also how is it any different than any other recruitment where if you are doing it right you recruit more than one player for all positions and then you either take the first to commit or try and slow play that player and hope for a target higher on your board to commit.

Poison

« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2018, 12:12:12 AM »

Up

No idea what is gained but also nothing lost.  The staff is still recruiting for that ship.  Why they haven’t announced it is beyond me, but there’s no heresy if they don’t immediately.   Maybe he’s not gonna be healthy enough to play at all next year?  All schollies need  renewal and it isn’t end of the school year.  Makes no difference when they announce it, but it seems that it’s going to be Diakite and related to injury.  Must be a reason but we are recruiting one spot regardless...

Diakite has been recovering from his knee injury for a year. If he’s not going to pay basketball maybe he’s going to get an academic scholarship? The other possibilities we’ve discussed here are Trimble and Ponds. For the sake of the season, and the program as it stands now, everything hinges on Shamorie Ponds returning.

That said, it’s nice to see the staff putting some work in.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 12:12:58 AM by Poison »

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2018, 10:40:52 AM »
Calloo visit off per Zags.

Again don't have a name but heard staff is still pursuing a big and it wasn't Calloo.

paultzman

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2018, 10:50:36 AM »

Again don't have a name but heard staff is still pursuing a big and it wasn't Calloo.
Agree

QuanMan

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2018, 11:13:28 AM »
This "mystery big" is going to drive the JJ and Redmen community nuts over the next month lol!
Section 3
Section 116

paultzman

« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2018, 11:30:44 AM »
This "mystery big" is going to drive the JJ and Redmen community nuts over the next month lol!
Ha! And hopefully not same result as last year.

goredmen

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2018, 11:58:11 AM »
Not sure if mystery big is grad transfer, HS player or JuCo. Don't think it would be an already announced grad transfer as they would be scared off by perceived lack of PT/touches for their last year of eligibility. Trey Porter is the only one good enough to not have to worry about that as nobody on this roster would take PT away from him. Haven't heard much about him lately

MCNPA

« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2018, 12:05:52 PM »
Whatever it is, this likely our last shot at a big man for this coming season.

SJUFAN

« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2018, 12:11:04 PM »

Agree

Think this means staff got a commitment from someone else?

goredmen

« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2018, 12:48:52 PM »
Not sure if mystery big is grad transfer, HS player or JuCo. Don't think it would be an already announced grad transfer as they would be scared off by perceived lack of PT/touches for their last year of eligibility. Trey Porter is the only one good enough to not have to worry about that as nobody on this roster would take PT away from him. Haven't heard much about him lately

Porter just committed to Nevada aka Transfer U. There goes that idea

« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2018, 01:09:00 PM »

Agree

Think this means staff got a commitment from someone else?

No not true.  But they have targets...

Marillac

« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2018, 04:42:36 PM »

Up

Some of our fans are maniacs. I'd finish the school year before transferring if I was in that situation. There may be an understanding already and perhaps a release or permission given to talk with other schools.  Info can stay secure when there are no divas involved, but this is pure speculation.

Moose

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2018, 08:51:45 PM »

Up

Some of our fans are maniacs. I'd finish the school year before transferring if I was in that situation. There may be an understanding already and perhaps a release or permission given to talk with other schools.  Info can stay secure when there are no divas involved, but this is pure speculation.

Nothing stays secure anymore. It's 2018

And I guess you are the extreme minority since how many hundred of other kids have said they are leaving already