David Caraher - SF - Houston Baptist Transfer - ST. JOHN'S

• 63 replies
David Caraher - SF - Houston Baptist Transfer - ST. JOHN'S
« on: April 14, 2018, 05:09:35 PM »
Committed per Rothstein
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Re: David Caraher - SF - Houston Baptist Transfer - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 05:12:11 PM »
Guess we got the replacement for Marvin Clark after he graduates

Looking forward to what he can bring next year.  Hopefully he helps make practices competitive this season
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 05:13:18 PM by RedStormNC »

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 05:12:45 PM »
Nice - good to get one on the board for a kid who I think will benefit from a sit out year and be able to contribute.

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 05:16:35 PM »
Maybe he develops into the type of player I hoped Freudenberg could be if he stuck around.

paultzman

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 05:35:59 PM »
David Caraher on St. John’s, “Honestly it was the guys and the culture. The tradition at St John’s is second to none. The coaches and guys made me feel at home and their plan for the program is exciting. Something I thought I needed to be part of.”  #sjubb

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 06:17:10 PM »
I like the addition. Seems like a good player, and had good numbers albeit at a lower level D-1. The thing that concerns me is he is from NC and not one local school was in on him. Is there a reason for that? I would think a guy who put up 16 and 7 as a freshman would be a hot commodity.

QuanMan

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 06:34:04 PM »
Joins Mikey Dixon as transfers to join the program after winning conference ROY.
Section 3
Section 116

Johnny23

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 06:37:57 PM »
Solid pickup for the '19-'20 season. Now let's get another big for next season.

Marillac

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 06:47:00 PM »
Welcome. He'll pay dividends immediately in practice stretching the floor and showing our guys real consequences for late closeouts and cheating too far. Nothing corrects bad habits like getting 4 treys drilled on you in a row.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 06:48:23 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 06:48:09 PM »
Looks good, hopefully he can use the time to adjust to Big East style of play

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 06:49:37 PM »

His dad is a strength and conditioning coach. When I learned that, I was all in.

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2018, 06:50:47 PM »
I like the addition. Seems like a good player, and had good numbers albeit at a lower level D-1. The thing that concerns me is he is from NC and not one local school was in on him. Is there a reason for that? I would think a guy who put up 16 and 7 as a freshman would be a hot commodity.

He committed to Butler before his Junior year.

wpc77

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2018, 07:08:17 PM »

That gave plenty of time for others to make a run at him.  Rumor at butler was that he was always looking for the next best thing.  In 3 years, he has switched high school twice, decommitted and now transferred from a college.  I am hopeful but this is something to be aware of

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 07:12:37 PM »

That gave plenty of time for others to make a run at him.  Rumor at butler was that he was always looking for the next best thing.  In 3 years, he has switched high school twice, decommitted and now transferred from a college.  I am hopeful but this is something to be aware of

Interesting.

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 07:27:35 PM »

Sounds familiar

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 07:35:22 PM »
This took me by surprise. I know David and he was always quietly coming up with big plays. Athletically will be his biggest struggle but he immediately has more IQ than Amar and better sense of where to be and when.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 07:44:55 PM »
This took me by surprise. I know David and he was always quietly coming up with big plays. Athletically will be his biggest struggle but he immediately has more IQ than Amar and better sense of where to be and when.

Oh boy

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2018, 08:02:23 PM »

At least there's one white boy for you to adopt.
Fire Mullin.

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2018, 08:23:10 PM »

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/985272633745985537

Goodie got a scout's take.

Foad

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2018, 08:29:36 PM »

At least there's one white boy for you to adopt.

Racists cunts like the repulsive timinsimsbury see everything through a prism of color. Fortunately his kind are dying off.