David Caraher - SF - Houston Baptist Transfer - ST. JOHN'S

• 63 replies
Re: David Caraher - SF - Houston Baptist Transfer - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2018, 08:34:35 PM »
This took me by surprise. I know David and he was always quietly coming up with big plays. Athletically will be his biggest struggle but he immediately has more IQ than Amar and better sense of where to be and when.

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/985272633745985537

Goodie got a scout's take.

Sounds like a freshmen Sam Hauser at Marquette. I'll take that.

Foad

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2018, 08:35:26 PM »
I like the addition. Seems like a good player, and had good numbers albeit at a lower level D-1. The thing that concerns me is he is from NC and not one local school was in on him. Is there a reason for that? I would think a guy who put up 16 and 7 as a freshman would be a hot commodity.

He committed to Butler before his Junior year.

That gave plenty of time for others to make a run at him. 

Other than UConn do a lot of programs spend their time recruiting players who've already committed elsewhere?

Rumor at butler was that he was always looking for the next best thing.

Interesting. A, how are you privy to rumors at Butler. Who was spreading them, what did they say, who were they spread to. Do tell. B, who isn't looking for the next best thing. I certainly am. What are you looking for? The next worst thing?

I am hopeful

Yeah, you sound hopeful.

MCNPA

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2018, 09:51:27 PM »
Looks good, hopefully he can use the time to adjust to Big East style of play

He dropped 19 points and 7 rebounds on Providence this season in a loss.  Looks like he already is adjusted.  The season practicing and working out can only help...  seems a scrappy player who can shoot and rebound and is quite skilled.  Can post-up sf’s like Bootsy did.  Welcome aboard!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 09:58:05 PM by MCNPA »

wpc77

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2018, 10:05:00 PM »
I like the addition. Seems like a good player, and had good numbers albeit at a lower level D-1. The thing that concerns me is he is from NC and not one local school was in on him. Is there a reason for that? I would think a guy who put up 16 and 7 as a freshman would be a hot commodity.

That gave plenty of time for others to make a run at him. 

Other than UConn do a lot of programs spend their time recruiting players who've already committed elsewhere?

Rumor at butler was that he was always looking for the next best thing.

Interesting. A, how are you privy to rumors at Butler. Who was spreading them, what did they say, who were they spread to. Do tell. B, who isn't looking for the next best thing. I certainly am. What are you looking for? The next worst thing?

I am hopeful

Yeah, you sound hopeful.

Ok pal.  Keep your head in the sand.

ras

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2018, 11:38:27 PM »

That gave plenty of time for others to make a run at him.  Rumor at butler was that he was always looking for the next best thing.  In 3 years, he has switched high school twice, decommitted and now transferred from a college.  I am hopeful but this is something to be aware of
That explains him ending up at Houston Baptist.

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2018, 09:23:52 AM »
David Caraher on St. John’s, “Honestly it was the guys and the culture. The tradition at St John’s is second to none. The coaches and guys made me feel at home and their plan for the program is exciting. Something I thought I needed to be part of.”  #sjubb

happy to have him on board, but what exactly is this "plan for the program"??

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2018, 09:26:49 AM »
This took me by surprise. I know David and he was always quietly coming up with big plays. Athletically will be his biggest struggle but he immediately has more IQ than Amar and better sense of where to be and when.

a rock has more IQ than Amar

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2018, 09:20:26 PM »

He dropped 19 points and 7 rebounds on Providence this season in a loss.  Looks like he already is adjusted.  The season practicing and working out can only help...  seems a scrappy player who can shoot and rebound and is quite skilled.  Can post-up sf’s like Bootsy did.  Welcome aboard!

A friend who is a Providence fan said that PC blew them out and Caraher accumulated most of his stats during garbage time when PC wasn't playing starters or rotation players.

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2018, 09:23:18 PM »

A friend who is a Providence fan said that PC blew them out and Caraher accumulated most of his stats during garbage time when PC wasn't playing starters or rotation players.

I guess that means he sucks.

TONYD3

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2018, 09:25:35 PM »

Houston Baptist went 6-25 last year. They did beat Incarnate word though.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2018, 09:26:15 PM »

I guess that means he sucks.

Nah it just means throwing out random stats without context is meaningless.

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2018, 09:55:13 PM »
I just kinda glanced through the first half stats....  I believe Caraher had 9 or 10 points in the first half versus Providence.  Per both sides, this is why I like to do my homework before talking about a matter or subject. 

http://www.friars.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2017-2018/mbb-gm1.html

Foad

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2018, 10:35:52 PM »
A friend who is a Providence fan

You gave it away when you pretended you had a friend.

Foad

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2018, 10:41:40 PM »
Houston Baptist went 6-25 last year. They did beat Incarnate word though.

Super fan TonyD takes a break from shitting in public toilets yo bring you this hot take on a player he'd never heard of three days ago. And he's single ladies.  Guys too maybe, because I don't don't to assume, because he seems pretty butch though.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2018, 01:34:00 AM »

This coming from a guy who is universally hated on an online college basketball board lol.

Foad

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2018, 07:05:30 AM »

This coming from a guy who is universally hated on an online college basketball board lol.

If I'm so unpopular how come I keep winning Miss Congeniality stupid? Don't bother answering, that's rhetorical.

So anyway "thetruth," here's where Caraher scored against Providence.

18:40
17:06
8:31
5:43
3:21
-----
18:21
16:11
6:40

Doesn't look like he "accumulated most of his stats during garbage time." In fact, it doesn't look like he accumulated any stats during garbage time. I guess that makes you a liar, huh.

TONYD3

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2018, 08:23:28 AM »

If I'm so unpopular how come I keep winning Miss Congeniality stupid? Don't bother answering, that's rhetorical.

-----

Doesn't look like he "accumulated most of his stats during garbage time." In fact, it doesn't look like he accumulated any stats during garbage time. I guess that makes you a liar, huh.
Foady- Mikey dixion played against seton hall and Gonzaga. Guess how he did?

Foad

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2018, 09:36:22 AM »

-----

Foady- Mikey dixion played against seton hall and Gonzaga. Guess how he did?

In the first place, this thread isn't about Mikey Dixion. Try and follow along. If you use your finger to keep your place that might help.

In the second place, if you're talking about this Mikey Dixion, the one who was Delaware State Player of the Year as a senior, who led his HS a state championship , who was a first team all state player as a junior, who was the MAAC rookie of the year and the 12th highest scoring freshman in Division 1, I don't know how he did against Seton Hall two years ago in the fourth game of his college career. Why don't you tell me. And then tell me why it matters.

In the third place, how come when I cite statistics you dismiss them by saying the sample size is too small, and yet here you are positing that two games out of 30 some kid played in two years ago are dispositive of his talent and prospects. Seems a bit disingenuous.

Now go eat a nice bran muffin and sit yourself down in some stinky train station toilet and write me a nice essay in response. As usual, spelling counts.

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2018, 09:58:15 AM »
Foad Rules. He doesn't always, but he surely does regarding the nice persons in this thread. Get a life guys. Your pathetic attempts to diminish Chris Mullin and his recruits just shows how poorly informed and disingenuous you all are. Do all true fans of St. John's basketball a favor and start rooting for Uconn.