Last 2009 Scholarship ?

• 24 replies
Last 2009 Scholarship ?
« on: August 21, 2008, 11:25:36 AM »
Assuming Malik & Omari Sign in Nov- only 1 schol left.

Of the top kids considering St Johns, who do we need/ want most ?

I'm discounting Lance who might go to Europe,
but prob will wait till spring.

Leaving Parrom, Scott, Williams, Baskin,& Bruce (offered ?)

It's a nice situation we haven't been in in a few years.
The 1st 12 are balanced w at least 2 at each position.

Do we take first one who wants to verbal ?
Do we take 2 verbals & see what shakes out,
 or who qualifies (I dont like that option) ?

I think more size is needed, so Jordan could have best impact.

Although Parrom & Scott overall better (rated higher) ?
With no glaring needs, I bet Norm takes 1st who verbals.

Discussion ?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 11:33:46 AM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

Re: Last 2009 Scholarship ?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 11:31:53 AM »
we have enough guards....parrom would be my choice (assuming Lance is unavail)

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 11:52:19 AM »
we have enough guards....parrom would be my choice (assuming Lance is unavail)

Don't rule out anything...
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 11:54:58 AM »
Norm is going to wait for Lance...    just like he waited on Landesburg....  I think we have a real shot at Lance....

But I think there will be at least anothger scholarship, maybe two, available next Spring. .   there is no reason to believe that the pattern of transfers will not continue...

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 12:08:46 PM »
Norm is going to wait for Lance...    just like he waited on Landesburg....  I think we have a real shot at Lance....

But I think there will be at least anothger scholarship, maybe two, available next Spring. .   there is no reason to believe that the pattern of transfers will not continue...

Is there reason to believe it will continue?

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2008, 12:11:24 PM »

But I think there will be at least anothger scholarship, maybe two, available next Spring. .   there is no reason to believe that the pattern of transfers will not continue...

I highly doubt Norm waits for Lance. I thought it's been posted that he'll prob wait till spring.
(He can take 1 of those transfers spots)

Let's not make this a Norm thread. Who do we want most in Nov ?
Molloy '71

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2008, 12:13:43 PM »
Having some big names to choose from for one spot is a good thing. I don't want one guy more than the other. I think they all would be great gets

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 12:24:00 PM »
if lance decides to come here, i guarantee we will free up a scholarship somehow. in the meantime. lets take another top NYC recruit.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 01:15:44 PM by NYCbuckeye »

pmg911

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 01:07:24 PM »

But I think there will be at least anothger scholarship, maybe two, available next Spring. .   there is no reason to believe that the pattern of transfers will not continue...

The pattern speaks for itself...      what makes anyone think it will not happen...

there will be people on the outside lookming in for P/T this year...    maybe Paris..   Quincy Roberts...   who knows..    maybe Rob Thomas...   

People have left every year under this staff...    its part of the business to a certain degree...

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 01:21:05 PM »

The pattern speaks for itself...      what makes anyone think it will not happen...

there will be people on the outside lookming in for P/T this year...    maybe Paris..   Quincy Roberts...   who knows..    maybe Rob Thomas...   

People have left every year under this staff...    its part of the business to a certain degree...

Addtionally 9 of the 16 programs in the Big East had one or more transfers out this off season and I'd bet if you look closely that's about average.  In this day and age when everyone fancies themselves "The Man" some kids are going to get disenfranchised playing their role.  I know it's fun to trash Norm for all the "talent" that's left the program but let's note that Dixon, Pitino, Calhoun, JTIII, Wright, Hill and Gonzalez had far higher ranked and/or more talented players leave their programs this year than Norm.  There are far bigger problems with the last 4 years than the transfers out.

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 01:41:23 PM »
If I can only pick one, I pick Jordan Williams

pmg911

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 01:43:29 PM »
There are far bigger problems with the last 4 years than the transfers out.

Very well said and very true...

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 01:55:28 PM »
with one left gotta go with a NYC kid...Parrom.  I chose him over Scott only because I think Scott is already leaning elsewhere.  But If both decide to come Norm will find room for them.

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 02:10:31 PM »
I think when all is said and done, St Johns is going to need 2 schollies,excluding Stiths and Omari

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 02:20:12 PM »
I think when all is said and done, St Johns is going to need 2 schollies,excluding Stiths and Omari

That would be the best news, because hopefully it should only happen for 2 more studs.

Is Parrom projected to be a 3, 4, or combo in the BE?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 02:22:42 PM by stevep502 »
Molloy '71

Poison

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2008, 03:33:32 PM »
Assuming Malik & Omari Sign in Nov- only 1 schol left.

Of the top kids considering St Johns, who do we need/ want most ?

I'm discounting Lance who might go to Europe,
but prob will wait till spring.

Leaving Parrom, Scott, Williams, Baskin,& Bruce (offered ?)

It's a nice situation we haven't been in in a few years.
The 1st 12 are balanced w at least 2 at each position.

Do we take first one who wants to verbal ?
Do we take 2 verbals & see what shakes out,
 or who qualifies (I dont like that option) ?

I think more size is needed, so Jordan could have best impact.

Although Parrom & Scott overall better (rated higher) ?
With no glaring needs, I bet Norm takes 1st who verbals.

Discussion ?

Omari Lawrence's confidence and courage will help us in regards to other recruits. It's almost like he feels that kids that go away to school are women, and I love that, because that is the kind of kid that we need. We need it be pathetic to leave NY. It should make you soft.

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2008, 08:14:00 PM »
Go big - Jordan Williams

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 11:53:30 PM »

That would be the best news, because hopefully it should only happen for 2 more studs.

Is Parrom projected to be a 3, 4, or combo in the BE?

projects as 3
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

sjd8886

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 09:03:25 AM »
the holdout for lance can't be so long that we miss parrom...its going to be hard for norm to figure out the best way to deal with that situation bc lance is amazing but you cant miss out on lance AND a 4 star recruit bc you didnt plan ahead

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2008, 09:29:20 AM »
the holdout for lance can't be so long that we miss parrom...its going to be hard for norm to figure out the best way to deal with that situation bc lance is amazing but you cant miss out on lance AND a 4 star recruit bc you didnt plan ahead

look at the scholarship distribution table. theres at least 1 person who can be replaced for that xtra schollie if needed...we take kevin now, and wait on lance or durand.