Marquette 1/31/21

• 48 replies

Poison

Re: Marquette 1/31/21
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2021, 06:28:36 PM »
Good for them for not folding after blowing their lead. Posh and Dylan with huge plays down the stretch.

When was the last time we had a point guard who got after it like Posh does on defense?

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2021, 06:31:04 PM »
Posh and Wasu made some big plays down the stretch. Champagnie had a quiet 22 which is becoming his regular thing which is incredible. It's been long time we had such a capable scorer who wasn't ball dominant. Big W on the road.

Thought balance between Roberts and Moore is finally starting to work. That's a good platoon.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2021, 06:40:30 PM »
There are not many sg’s who could handle wusu near the block. Plenty of sf’s even. I think there’s a good chance you could play him at the pg some down the road which would really be a mismatch.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2021, 07:16:38 PM »
Posh and Wasu made some big plays down the stretch. Champagnie had a quiet 22 which is becoming his regular thing which is incredible. It's been long time we had such a capable scorer who wasn't ball dominant. Big W on the road.

Thought balance between Roberts and Moore is finally starting to work. That's a good platoon.

The platoon of Roberts and Moore is starting to become serviceable. It’s still got a ways to go.

It would be great if Earlington and Toro could box out, and get us some rebounds. We’re gonna need more from them as the comp gets real Wednesday.

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2021, 07:40:36 PM »
Good for them for not folding after blowing their lead. Posh and Dylan with huge plays down the stretch.

When was the last time we had a point guard who got after it like Posh does on defense?

Only recent PG Cedric Jackson maybe....

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2021, 08:14:10 PM »
Hey, don't look know but we're a middle of the pack BE team. Nice to win a squeeker by shooting 10 for 10 from the line.

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2021, 08:16:26 PM »
Only recent PG Cedric Jackson maybe....
I don't think he played point and he was so terrible that I don't think you could describe anything he did here as 'getting after it'.

Marillac

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2021, 08:21:48 PM »
There are not many sg’s who could handle wusu near the block. Plenty of sf’s even. I think there’s a good chance you could play him at the pg some down the road which would really be a mismatch.

He’s learned to play off Posh well. Posh takes a ton of chances and is very aggressive so Dylan has learned to get back on D when he drives or crashes glass and to handle point when Posh becomes more of a scorer. He’s the perfect complement to Posh with his control and ability to see the floor.

Poison

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2021, 09:10:37 PM »
I don't think he played point and he was so terrible that I don't think you could describe anything he did here as 'getting after it'.

Are you talking about the same Cedric Jackson who beat Syracuse on three pointer and played point guard in the NBA?

Go figure. I never saw that coming.

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2021, 09:39:16 PM »
Posh is a bulldog.  Wusu is fearless.

Champagnie disappeared but I was impressed with pass to Wusu late.  Seemed to notice mismatch.

Earlington made a difference bodying up down low to stop their run.

Doing this without Williams too.  Nice win

When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2021, 11:43:51 PM »
This is Anderson’s 2nd season. Mullin danced in his 4th season. You’re not making any sense.
Merely acknowledging the obvious, that being Mullin inherited the worst team in the history of the program.  Remarkably even worse than the ashes left from the steel city sexcapade and any post wonder five era teams I'm not familiar with.

When we got blown out by St. Thomas Acquinas, a team that even I was 7 - 0 against in my own illustrious coaching career (and I'm no Hank Stram ), I knew something was very wrong.  When your best players are Durand and Mvoika - that's a problem.

CFC meanwhile inherited a functional unit with 2 preseason all BE picks.  A bid next year is a tie with his predecessor.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 11:45:41 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2021, 11:50:34 PM »
Are you talking about the same Cedric Jackson who beat Syracuse on three pointer and played point guard in the NBA?

Go figure. I never saw that coming.
I know that Ced somehow bloomed at Cleveland St. and eventually had an Nba cup of coffee - but while he was here he was just atrocious.  He used to get his shot blocked often by the rim.

Your memory of our past is usually much better than mine so I'll defer to you if need be,  but I really think I'm recalling the disaster here that was CJ correctly.

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2021, 12:26:28 AM »
I know that Ced somehow bloomed at Cleveland St. and eventually had an Nba cup of coffee - but while he was here he was just atrocious.  He used to get his shot blocked often by the rim.

Your memory of our past is usually much better than mine so I'll defer to you if need be,  but I really think I'm recalling the disaster here that was CJ correctly.
CJ was a great athlete. I believe you are mistaken that he often got his shots blocked by the rim. Most of his shots were 4 feet to either the left or the right of the rim.

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2021, 07:03:44 AM »
Merely acknowledging the obvious, that being Mullin inherited the worst team in the history of the program.  Remarkably even worse than the ashes left from the steel city sexcapade and any post wonder five era teams I'm not familiar with.

When we got blown out by St. Thomas Acquinas, a team that even I was 7 - 0 against in my own illustrious coaching career (and I'm no Hank Stram ), I knew something was very wrong.  When your best players are Durand and Mvoika - that's a problem.

CFC meanwhile inherited a functional unit with 2 preseason all BE picks.  A bid next year is a tie with his predecessor.

We were picked to finish 9th out of 10th! What does that say about the 2 all big east pre season he inherited?

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2021, 07:40:56 AM »
Why can’t we be excited for the program and always are so quick to bash the team? When we were losing these boards had so much more posts we even had our fearless leader make a post about how we would compete with the younger talent in future years after a loss. But now we win 4 in a row / we don’t have game threads made, people don’t post as much. We are 11-7 5-6 in the big east tied for 6th with 2 games against a top 3 team in country and another bubble game this week. Let’s forget the Agenda bullshit half the people have on this board and talk about the huge opportunity we have coming up this week.

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2021, 08:43:50 AM »
Why can’t we be excited for the program and always are so quick to bash the team? When we were losing these boards had so much more posts we even had our fearless leader make a post about how we would compete with the younger talent in future years after a loss. But now we win 4 in a row / we don’t have game threads made, people don’t post as much. We are 11-7 5-6 in the big east tied for 6th with 2 games against a top 3 team in country and another bubble game this week. Let’s forget the Agenda bullshit half the people have on this board and talk about the huge opportunity we have coming up this week.

You must be new here
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2021, 09:35:19 AM »
You must be new here

10 years and counting coming here and its the same thing over and over but for some reason Coach Anderson is held to such a higher standard but we gave the legend a pass and came up with every excuse in the book for him, lavin just stopped recruiting , norm was the nice guy we kept too long. but in year 2 during a pandemic we have people calling for Anderson and now that he wins some games they are quiet but if we do lose these next 2 they will be first too post after each game

Johnny23

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2021, 09:45:54 AM »
10 years and counting coming here and its the same thing over and over but for some reason Coach Anderson is held to such a higher standard but we gave the legend a pass and came up with every excuse in the book for him, lavin just stopped recruiting , norm was the nice guy we kept too long. but in year 2 during a pandemic we have people calling for Anderson and now that he wins some games they are quiet but if we do lose these next 2 they will be first too post after each game

Everyone knows who the Anderson haters are on here. You'd have to be blind as a bat not to notice. Pay no mind to them.

« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2021, 09:47:02 AM »
Everyone knows who the Anderson haters are on here. You'd have to be blind as a bat not to notice. Pay no mind to them.

👍🏻👍🏻 Your 100% right

Poison

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2021, 12:29:34 PM »

Geno brought it up, Showtime played the two, and Cedric Jackson played the three.

He couldn’t shoot. He couldn’t finish. But man, he could defend. I tenement his d soph year @ UConn on Rudy Gay.

Sadly, there wasn’t much else he was able to contribute and Norm didn’t see the potential he apparently had.

Cup of coffee in the NBA is as good as a LOT of our best players over the years.