St Johns vs IONA scrimmage?

• 120 replies
Re: St Johns vs IONA scrimmage?
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2008, 01:45:51 PM »
St. John's will have two closed scrimmage sessions. For the past few years we had them against LaSalle
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2008, 05:24:48 PM »
wow marco your ridiculous, i cant even believe your a fan of stjohns they way you put them down.  WOW

I hope this was a sarcastic comment. If not, I went to IONA therefore I will root for them but I was a St Johns fan long before Ive ever heard of IONA. It could be worse, I could be rooting for this team to lose so the coach can be replaced just like some of the "true" fans are doing.

Poison

« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2008, 06:06:44 PM »
wow marco your ridiculous, i cant even believe your a fan of stjohns they way you put them down.  WOW

I hope this was a sarcastic comment. If not, I went to IONA therefore I will root for them but I was a St Johns fan long before Ive ever heard of IONA. It could be worse, I could be rooting for this team to lose so the coach can be replaced just like some of the "true" fans are doing.

No offense Marco, but how can you root for two teams? It's inevitable that SJU and Iona will face each other again at some point. I didn't go to SJU, But I'm a Johnny fan and I root for them over anyone. Even the school I went to.

It certainly isn't easy being a fan of this team.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 06:07:47 PM by Poison »

« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2008, 06:44:03 PM »
It's possible to root for multiple teams. I've been a Seton Hall fan for 35 years, but also roots for FDU and St. Peter's. In cases where Seton Hall plays either, I root for the midmajor to do well. I was not upset when FDU beat Seton Hall a couple years ago. I thought it was cool.

Marillac

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2008, 09:23:56 PM »

I'm as true of a fan as they come.  I watched almost every practice during my time at St. John's, attended almost every game, the NCAA tournament, once took a bus when I was in high school by myself to watch STJ-SH at the Garden, I donate to the school, I attend many other sporting events, and have a ridiculous amount of STJ apparell. I even once rode in Showtime's SUV to the Bronx Zoo for a class. 

With that said, I would take an 0-31 season to move forward without Norm Roberts.  When the car is stuck in the mud and can't go anymore, you have to throw it in reverse briefly to keep going forward.

Poison

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2008, 02:34:33 PM »
any word on when this is?

« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2008, 02:58:17 PM »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Poison

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2008, 03:07:09 PM »

« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2008, 04:25:13 PM »

I'm as true of a fan as they come.  I watched almost every practice during my time at St. John's, attended almost every game, the NCAA tournament, once took a bus when I was in high school by myself to watch STJ-SH at the Garden, I donate to the school, I attend many other sporting events, and have a ridiculous amount of STJ apparell. I even once rode in Showtime's SUV to the Bronx Zoo for a class. 

With that said, I would take an 0-31 season to move forward without Norm Roberts.  When the car is stuck in the mud and can't go anymore, you have to throw it in reverse briefly to keep going forward.

I can't say I agree with you. I want to see how N.R and the team performs this year without Geno running the show for the first time. I think (and hoping) it's going to be a completely different style of play and more competitive. If I am wrong, then he should probably be let go at the end of this year. If I am right, I say we give N.R another year to see how we progress with the core recruiting class as upperclassmen.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 04:27:34 PM by Johnny4Life »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2008, 04:35:25 PM »

I can't say I agree with you. I want to see how N.R and the team performs this year without Geno running the show for the first time. I think (and hoping) it's going to be a completely different style of play and more competitive. If I am wrong, then he should probably be let go at the end of this year. If I am right, I say we give N.R another year to see how we progress with the core recruiting class as upperclassmen.
One thing to consider is that the teams that are also in the lower tier of the league are improving, perhaps more rapidly - South Florida will have a pair, and maybe a trio of impact players, Cincy is recruiting decently, Rutgers is getting decent players, and Seton Hall will have better talent in a year.  And St. John's loses Mase, so the team will have an adjustment period - Omari's a very different player than Yung Mase. 

Would that change your answer at all w/r/t wanting to see the current staff gone?  Not saying anything one way or another; the current roster could be good, crisp, and effective in conference.  And in college basketball, anything can happen.

sjd8886

« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2008, 04:44:34 PM »

No offense Marco, but how can you root for two teams? It's inevitable that SJU and Iona will face each other again at some point. I didn't go to SJU, But I'm a Johnny fan and I root for them over anyone. Even the school I went to.

It certainly isn't easy being a fan of this team.

im a fan of both fordham and st johns....basically, if they played, i wouldnt root against or for, either team...just watch and whoever wins, im still happy...if it were a championship game, idk what i would do...i went to fordham, but have been a diehard fan of st johns since 03, so idk, a champ game would be a tough call to make

Poison

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2008, 01:04:33 PM »
Any word on how it went if it happened yet?

Poison

Iona...
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2008, 03:00:26 PM »
anything?

Re: Iona...
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2008, 08:51:55 PM »
IONA won by 20. Kashif Pratt scored 30 on Mace
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 08:52:13 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2008, 10:06:42 PM »

haha...not a chance!

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2008, 11:11:08 PM »

What a jokster you are although I heard elsewhere the ladies don't think so.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2008, 08:04:31 AM »
Dont sleep on Kashif.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

sjd8886

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2008, 10:03:24 AM »

30? i heard it was 50, and he blew past mase so bad he broke his ankle :)

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2008, 12:54:04 PM »
If this game is even close or heavan forbid a loss. The team is in some big, big trouble this season. Iona is a middle of the pack MAAC team with a nice big and a couple guards. We are only a week away from the start of the season. If this squad can't light up this team we are dead. No reason this game should not be a rout.  I wouldn't hold my breath though.

What time this thing go off today? Curious to see the outcome.  I think...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 01:15:58 PM by redstorm55 »

« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2008, 02:04:43 PM »
If this game is even close or heavan forbid a loss. The team is in some big, big trouble this season. Iona is a middle of the pack MAAC team with a nice big and a couple guards. We are only a week away from the start of the season. If this squad can't light up this team we are dead. No reason this game should not be a rout.  I wouldn't hold my breath though.

What time this thing go off today? Curious to see the outcome.  I think...

it was yesterday afternoon...it was a closed scrimmage so the most we can hope for is very limited info.