10 seconds left

• 19 replies
10 seconds left
« on: September 29, 2008, 10:57:26 AM »
10 seconds left, down 1 point -what do we do? Get the ball to Mase at the top of the key and clear out? Get it down low to Burrell? Let Boothe penetrate and make something happen? WHAT DO WE DO?

Re: 10 seconds left
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 11:01:18 AM »
10 seconds left, down 1 point -what do we do? Get the ball to Mase at the top of the key and clear out? Get it down low to Burrell? Let Boothe penetrate and make something happen? WHAT DO WE DO?

Depends on who we play, what has been going on in the game, do we have a hot hand? I'd like to get something going to the basket though.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 11:13:05 AM »
tomas shooting a 3.

kjd01067

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 11:16:29 AM »
I would say let Boothe drive the ball and find the open man.  I was never a big fan of designing a play where there is just one option (although Mason has shown he is capable of hitting the big shots a la seton hall game).

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 11:27:50 AM »
I would say let Boothe drive the ball and find the open man.  I was never a big fan of designing a play where there is just one option (although Mason has shown he is capable of hitting the big shots a la seton hall game).

You give boothe the ball and they force him to take the shot and not defer only downfall to letting Malik have the ball in his hands unless you think Malik can hit that shot.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 11:28:27 AM »

Noithin better than that, except for maybe Burrell dunking on Seton Halls Garcia to win a game.

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 11:31:01 AM »

You give boothe the ball and they force him to take the shot and not defer only downfall to letting Malik have the ball in his hands unless you think Malik can hit that shot.

Ya think DJ would be better suited with 10 secs left to run the play from the top?

pmg911

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 12:29:44 PM »
what should the team do or what should Norm do..

Most likely :Norm calls time out...    gives the ball to Boothe...    he waits until 3 seocnds left. .  tosses it to Mason on the wing and he forces and off balance 3pt hot when a 2 would win the game...

Should: Mason in bounds the ball to Boothe. .   you run Mason off at least two screens and get him the ball curling towards basket for last shot....     or you Mason thru as decoy and try to get Burrell isolated in block..

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 01:31:04 PM »
Picket fence to Jimmy Chitwood.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 01:38:23 PM »
i take boothe out and let mason get the ball at the top of the key, if possible, let him catch it there so he can either pass shoot of dribble. Hes shown that he can get shots up and he also was a very good passer last year.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

pmg911

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 03:10:37 PM »
i take boothe out and let mason get the ball at the top of the key, if possible, let him catch it there so he can either pass shoot of dribble. Hes shown that he can get shots up and he also was a very good passer last year.

Mason has horrendous handle...     you need to get him into a catch & shoot position...    if he has dribble drive..    its not an optimal situation...

Poison

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 03:43:06 PM »
Burrell. Hopefully he's ready this year.

kob24

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 03:46:27 PM »
give the ball to malik and let him and justin go to work keep mase on the 3 and if the defense collaspe kick it out to him and hope he feels lucky punk

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 07:56:07 PM »
Let Boothe drive to the hole and create. We at least have options to take it strong and get fouled or kick out.

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 09:15:05 PM »

I dont think Mase will give up the rock in that postion, hes taking the shot

dR3w

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 10:48:25 PM »

But don't get caught watch'n the paint dry. ;D

Marillac

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2008, 05:00:00 AM »
Ball to Boothe at the top of the key, run him off a screen by Mase and if the defense bites on Mase Maliik takes it strong to the paint or leaves it off for Burrell.  If they both follow Malik, drop it off for Mase to either shoot a trey or drive, stop, pop.

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 08:25:55 AM »

I know it wuz 'bout 1950s farm boys, but it still the best ball movie of all times. No doubt.

Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

pmg911

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 08:27:25 AM »

I know it wuz 'bout 1950s farm boys, but it still the best ball movie of all times. No doubt.

Best part is when he as the kid measure the basketball and foul line...      or when Shooter storms the court after that HORRENDOUS blocking call...

sjd8886

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 10:25:52 AM »

do what we always do when a shot goes up...hope its one of the 4 outta 10 times a st johns player makes it in