Serious Question

• 20 replies
Re: Serious Question
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2008, 04:01:38 PM »

He's the best man to run for president in my lifetime (I'm 58), and he's running at one of the 3 or 4 most critical times in our history against a joke of a ticket.

If this country's not ready, then we're all in deep, deep shit.

Do you really think Barack Obama is the best man to run for President in the last 58 years...?

Better than   Kennedy     Nixon     Regan     Clinton  ..?

kennedy's legacy was overrated because he was assassinated.  if bush was president during the cuban missile crisis, we would have had world war iii.  i'm glad you didn't mention either bushes.

better than nixon??? i guess we'll erase watergate from the history books. 

regan...well, reagan.  he's the one who opened the door to the corporate greed that ultimately led to the situation we have today.  clinton had his finger in the dyke (insert joke here) for eight years...but the current president's ineptitude reopened the floodgates.  not to be a namedropping jerk..but i spoke with geralding ferraro for about an hour a couple of weeks ago and she told me it was common knowledge in 1984 that reagan was losing his memory.  how that qualifies him as one of america's greatest presidents is beyond me.

clinton was an outstanding president re: the economy...jobs...the deficit, etc.  it's too bad republicans who hate our constitution and can't really stand the democratic process used clinton's weakness for the soft stuff to try to overthrow the government.  i predict obama will be a better president in many ways than clinton.

mondale, gore, kerry come to mind as obama equals.