Sleeziest coach thread on Louisville board

• 10 replies
Sleeziest coach thread on Louisville board
« on: October 20, 2008, 02:50:20 PM »
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=17&f=2755&t=3232570

Dont mean to send you to another forum, but this is good stuff  ;D Look whos at the top

Re: Sleeziest coach thread on Louisville board
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 03:04:09 PM »
They should have put up Calhoun on there instead of Self.

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 03:05:04 PM »
And Sampson.... The telephone company's #1 customer!  ;)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 03:05:23 PM by Johnny4Life »

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 03:12:35 PM »
I remember years back when Roy Williams was at Kansas and he called Billy Donovan a cheater. I think it had something to do with the recruiting of Mike Miller who was about to sign at Kansas but had a change of heart at the last minute. Anyone know more of this story?

pmg911

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 03:15:47 PM »
I remember years back when Roy Williams was at Kansas and he called Billy Donovan a cheater. I think it had something to do with the recruiting of Mike Miller who was about to sign at Kansas but had a change of heart at the last minute. Anyone know more of this story?

Williams didn't like the aggressive approaoch Donovan took with Miller. . I could be wrong buty I never remember Miller being on the verge of going to Kansas...

example: donovan waiting in the parking lot of school on the first day he was allowed just to be able to wave to Miller before he went to school...

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 03:21:06 PM »

Williams didn't like the aggressive approaoch Donovan took with Miller. . I could be wrong buty I never remember Miller being on the verge of going to Kansas...

example: donovan waiting in the parking lot of school on the first day he was allowed just to be able to wave to Miller before he went to school...

Maybe Williams felt slighted and thought he had the upper hand with MIller being from South Dakota

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 03:23:32 PM »

There were also issues with a non-affiliated traveling team that Bret Bearup, I believe, put together each year to do a little European tour each summer.  While the team was supposedly non-affiliated a surprisingly large amount of players left uncommitted or leaning elsewhere and returned leaning towards Bearup's old UK teammate at Florida.

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 03:37:09 PM »
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/3672576/

Article with the Donovan,Williams, Miller situation

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 05:18:08 PM »

All Donovan did was take Miller to the beach in Florida. He didn't even have to speak. (JK)

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 08:45:00 PM »

That was Shavlik Randolph in a Raleigh parking lot.

pmg911

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 07:28:28 AM »

That was Shavlik Randolph in a Raleigh parking lot.

Yes.. you are correct.. with Miller he rang the house bell @ 12:01am on the first day permitted...