hey fellas need some help

• 18 replies

kob24

hey fellas need some help
« on: December 20, 2007, 10:48:31 AM »
does any know where i can go to find the shot by shot chart of the ohio game last night?

kob24

Re: hey fellas need some help
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 11:06:09 AM »
HOME TEAM: St. John's (4-3)
                          TOT-FG  3-PT         REBOUNDS
## Player Name            FG-FGA FG-FGA FT-FTA OF DE TOT PF  TP  A TO BLK S MIN
10 Kennedy, D.J........ f  6-9    2-4    3-4    0  3  3   2  17  2  2  1  0  27
24 Burrell, Justin..... f  3-5    0-0    1-1    2  5  7   4   7  0  0  0  0  33
11 Jasiulionis, Tomas.. c  0-0    0-0    0-0    0  0  0   3   0  1  1  0  0  11
04 Lawrence, Eugene.... g  5-7    3-4    3-4    1  2  3   4  16  3  2  0  1  28
05 Wright, Larry....... g  4-10   2-7    2-4    1  0  1   2  12  2  0  0  0  24
02 Mason Jr., Anthony..    2-4    0-1    0-0    0  2  2   3   4  1  3  0  0  17
03 Boothe, Malik.......    1-3    0-1    0-0    0  0  0   1   2  1  0  0  1  12
15 Coker, Dele.........    1-2    0-0    0-1    0  5  5   2   2  1  1  0  1  14
22 Evans, Sean.........    2-3    0-0    1-2    1  1  2   3   5  2  0  0  0  18
23 Horne, Paris........    1-4    0-3    0-0    1  0  1   1   2  0  3  0  0  12
55 Thomas, Rob.........    1-2    0-1    0-0    0  0  0   1   2  0  0  0  0   4
   TEAM................                         1  1  2
   Totals..............   26-49   7-21  10-16   7 19 26  26  69 13 12  1  3 200

TOTAL FG% 1st Half: 13-29 44.8%   2nd Half: 13-20 65.0%   Game: 53.1%  DEADB
3-Pt. FG% 1st Half:  1-11  9.1%   2nd Half:  6-10 60.0%   Game: 33.3%   REBS
F Throw % 1st Half:  1-3  33.3%   2nd Half:  9-13 69.2%   Game: 62.5%    2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Officials: Verne Harris, Mike Giarratano, Brian Shelley
Technical fouls: Ohio-None. St. John's-None.
Attendance:
Score by Periods                1st  2nd   Total
Ohio..........................   25   46  -   71
St. John's....................   28   41  -   69
Outrigger Hotels & Resorts Rainbow Classic First Round Game

Points in the paint-OHIO 24,STJ 32. Points off turnovers-OHIO 13,STJ 14.
2nd chance points-OHIO 17,STJ 10. Fast break points-OHIO 0,STJ 0.
Bench points-OHIO 14,STJ 17. Score tied-5 times. Lead changed-7 times.
Last FG-OHIO 2nd-00:00, STJ 2nd-00:00.
Largest lead-OHIO by 9 2nd-06:59, STJ by 7 1st-16:22.

never mind i found it ;D

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 11:48:18 AM »
Justin has to get up more shots then 5.  Without seeing the game we can't tell if we weren't feeding him the ball or if he was getting swarmed by the other teams D.  I want him getting up at least 10 a game, and going to the line more then once.

kob24

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 01:41:52 AM »
how the #$%^ does he only take 5 shots for 7 points. this is really pissing me off. last game he gets 7 this 1 only 5. if u look at the play by play or any of the games on tv. only dj and paris are getting him the ball. #$%^ing geno is really bugging out. i understand u are a senior and all of ur life u was passing to sebastion, then showtime, then lamont, then mason, but come on thats ur job. coach roberts please man im begging u fix this. ur only true post who is also ur leading scorer shoots 5 times. ??? maybe im bugging maybe hes a freshman and needs to wait his turn . maybe geno should be the leading scorer. but i thought ur big man should at least get 12 - 15 shots a game. at least thats what a good coach told me. and by looking at the box scores of the other big men in college basketball they seem to be getting it. what is going on. geno please please please. u aint going to the A i doubt u going over sees with ur performance ths year so far. come on. does he have a uncle or a freind on this site to tell him to calm down and be a pont guard. hes pulling a stephon right now and it killling me. no its klling us.

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 01:58:38 AM »
how the #$%^ does he only take 5 shots for 7 points. this is really pissing me off. last game he gets 7 this 1 only 5. if u look at the play by play or any of the games on tv. only dj and paris are getting him the ball. #$%^ing geno is really bugging out. i understand u are a senior and all of ur life u was passing to sebastion, then showtime, then lamont, then mason, but come on thats ur job. coach roberts please man im begging u fix this. ur only true post who is also ur leading scorer shoots 5 times. ??? maybe im bugging maybe hes a freshman and needs to wait his turn . maybe geno should be the leading scorer. but i thought ur big man should at least get 12 - 15 shots a game. at least thats what a good coach told me. and by looking at the box scores of the other big men in college basketball they seem to be getting it. what is going on. geno please please please. u aint going to the A i doubt u going over sees with ur performance ths year so far. come on. does he have a uncle or a freind on this site to tell him to calm down and be a pont guard. hes pulling a stephon right now and it killling me. no its klling us.

kob,
Youre a good kid, but lay off the drugs

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2007, 02:05:43 AM »
I don't think this is a Geno thing like you are making it out to be. I think its someone else in the post to compliment Justin thing. He is seeing constant double teams and rightfully so because he is our only threat. How can you fault Geno for shooting 7 shots and making 5 of them????

I'm all for Justin getting more shots but until Mason/Rob T are back full strength or when Tomas/Dele prove to be viable options down low Justin is going to see tons of double teams. Justin has to be patient his shots will come he can NOT get fustrated. He is a big part of this team and we will need him to be our leading scorer.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2007, 02:15:06 AM »
Burrell kinda reminds of Kenyon Martin. This type of player needs to get the ball up and close to the basket to be successful. Martin has sucked since he left Jason Kidd,hopefully Boothe and Burrell  can get something like that going together

kob24

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 10:09:30 AM »
nah im telling yall a couple of coaches has spoken to me and said geno is going nut. these are the same coaches who has the recruts yall want. this isnt a very good look.

Randomhero423

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 10:29:23 AM »
lawrence sucks.  seriously.  when your a senior on a team with A LOT of freshman, he needs to be MUCH better than this... and i guarantee he won't improve.

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 11:51:05 AM »
nah im telling yall a couple of coaches has spoken me and said geno is going nut. these are the same coaches who has the recruts yall want. this isnt a very good look.

I definetely noticed this during the Miami and Niagara games but cant say i kno much about ohio being i didnt see it.  It's like when we get down Geno puts it on his shoulders to take over.  I like him as a player but he'll never be able to just dominate a game, its not what he brings to the table.  If you look at the play by play of the Ohio game Geno takes like every shot we needed down the stretch (granted he hit em all except for the big fts).  It appears to me that Geno is taking this season like it is his last and hates losing so much and doesnt want to go out that way but he needs to understand that this is the 1st year he has talent so he doesnt have to try and dominate like he would have had to try if he was a senior in our other crappy years.  I'm really hoping that Mase will come back to form and fix that problem for us, and heck maybe even Rob.

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 12:50:37 PM »
nah im telling yall a couple of coaches has spoken to me and said geno is going nut. these are the same coaches who has the recruts yall want. this isnt a very good look.

hey kob, SOME people on here really couldnt give a rats a$$ what HS or aau coaches think, even though it really DOES matter what they think.  people on here dont realize that when hs or aau coaches see the game coaching, theyll relay that to recruits.

START MALIK.....A TRUE PG. what happened to the whole prospect of pressing more and running the floor more? isnt that what norm said he wanted to do before the season started? malik is the guy thatll do that.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2007, 01:38:44 PM »
Kob just because some aau coaches told you something it is gospel? Geno is not the reason why Justin isn't getting that many shots.

and Theo Start Malik??? Come on the kid hasn't been that impressive and has had many turnovers due to his height in limited minutes. He throws soft lob passes that get picked in transition. He isn't a full time player(at least not yet and thats being hopeful). HS and AAU coaches are important and I think thats why Norm has all of them working his camps over the summer where as Jarvis burnt so many bridges. He is trying to develop that foundation and relationship with them again.

Seriously though this isn't even a matter for sticking up for Geno as I've stated in countless articles written, on the radio show, that less is more and he doesn't have to try to be the man however his play has nothing to do with Justin not seeing as many shots. If you want to place blame place 0 pts 0 reb in 11 minutes for Tomas or Dele wasn't much better. Justin will see double teams with them on the floor. Also Justin can't just sit on the low block and expect to get the ball in post against the 2/3 zone as they just collapse on him.

kob24

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2007, 12:17:12 AM »
i feel u jj but it isnt onlt that. norm did tell me personaly that he was gonna be a fast breaking team this year. thats why we wanted to come. thats why u us justn. there have been time when we all seen justin run the floor all u have to do is throw it up let him get and the crowd is going wild.ive seen it for the past 6 years. thats not happening. thats geno. just go back to the tapes and look.

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2007, 12:31:38 AM »
i feel u jj but it isnt onlt that. norm did tell me personaly that he was gonna be a fast breaking team this year. thats why we wanted to come. thats why u us justn. there have been time when we all seen justin run the floor all u have to do is throw it up let him get and the crowd is going wild.ive seen it for the past 6 years. thats not happening. thats geno. just go back to the tapes and look.

patience. No need to throw it up to Justin all the time. Thats how you get careless turnovers and this isn't highschool anymore. I'm not concerned about crowds going wild this isn't the and 1 tour. Justin is a talent but he has a wayyyys to go and he has to be humble and work hard to further develop his game. Geno is a fine example of working hard he has improved so much in 4 years he has cut his To's back a lot this year and he's been making better decisions which was everyone's chief complaint about him. Norm wants to run a up tempo team but he also said "We'll run as fast as we can handle" He made mention that last years team didn't handle that well and I think minus Mase hurts our flexibility to run. People may want to discredit his absence but its played a role big time in what can and can't be done. Mase will draft opposing team's #1 defenders and that will open things up for Wright/DJ and Justin. Rob T. is only a bonus too but I'm not even counting on him. Good things will come just wait and be patient.

kob24

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2007, 02:43:06 AM »
 dont know man ive been coaching this game for a few years now and it isnt looking to good to me. all i can do is wait but oops should be thrown trust me. thats one of the ways u can beat a 1 3 1 which we lost 2.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 02:44:08 AM by kob24 »

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2007, 03:31:03 AM »
dont know man ive been coaching this game for a few years now and it isnt looking to good to me. all i can do is wait but oops should be thrown trust me. thats one of the ways u can beat a 1 3 1 which we lost 2.

I agree it hasn't looked too good so far but I've seen flashes of potential but then again I dissect the game quite a bit. I really don't want to get into philosophies too much but I think Justin should work on catching passes cleanly with his feet on the ground first.

Randomhero423

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2007, 10:20:31 AM »
my dad told me mullin got 0 points one game in his freshman year,  we don't need to get on burrell for getting 0 rebounds.  freshman are freshman after all.  (super or not)

kob24

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2007, 10:39:36 AM »

I agree it hasn't looked too good so far but I've seen flashes of potential but then again I dissect the game quite a bit. I really don't want to get into philosophies too much but I think Justin should work on catching passes cleanly with his feet on the ground first.

nah u right about that we discused that and put that on the itinerary for his summer work outs

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2007, 02:02:23 PM »
JJ is right about Justin handling the entry pass cleanly.  He fumbles the pass often, allowing the double team to get there before he can make his move to the basket.  He has to work on that.  The spectacular plays will come.