Boothe Injury

• 22 replies
Boothe Injury
« on: November 10, 2008, 09:54:56 AM »
Can anyone confirm this?

Re: Boothe Injury
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 09:59:11 AM »
Did he get hurt during game or in practice?

mkras99

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 10:46:43 AM »
I am told he's ok, for whatever that's worth.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 10:52:32 AM »
Is this an "ok" like Mase was okay last year?

mkras99

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 10:54:05 AM »
Is this an "ok" like Mase was okay last year?
Don't know. 

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 01:11:09 PM »
we've never gotten the truth from the coaching staff...see showtime.

we do know boothe was injury prone in high school and now he's playing against bigger guys.

all we can do is keep our fingers crossed.

Poison

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 01:14:16 PM »

we do know boothe was injury prone in high school and now he's playing against bigger guys.

Typical early season let down by Norm Roberts. Some would say how can he be blamed for an injured player, but when a key guy goes every year, and we lose because of it, then all of it becomes Roberts' fault, for having no back up plan.

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 02:15:15 PM »

Typical early season let down by Norm Roberts. Some would say how can he be blamed for an injured player, but when a key guy goes every year, and we lose because of it, then all of it becomes Roberts' fault, for having no back up plan.

Without a doubt if Boothe goes down then the team is in for a world full of hurt due to no reasonable backup option and the fault for that lies squarely at Roberts feet.  I don't think anyone would disagree with you and about that.

Was thinking (dangerous I know), here's my ranking of guys worst to least with regard to the level of impact of a lengthy injury:

1.   Boothe
2.   Burrell
3.   Mase
4.   Evans
5.   DJ
6.   Paris
7.   RT
8.   Coker
9.   Edmondson (if indeed he's the backup PG)
10.  Roberts
11.  Wait
12.  Duell
13.  TJ

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 02:31:44 PM »

Without a doubt if Boothe goes down then the team is in for a world full of hurt due to no reasonable backup option and the fault for that lies squarely at Roberts feet.  I don't think anyone would disagree with you and about that.

Was thinking (dangerous I know), here's my ranking of guys worst to least with regard to the level of impact of a lengthy injury:

1.   Boothe
2.   Burrell
3.   Mase
4.   Evans
5.   DJ
6.   Paris
7.   RT
8.   Coker
9.   Edmondson (if indeed he's the backup PG)
10.  Roberts
11.  Wait
12.  Duell
13.  TJ

#14 Norm Roberts

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2008, 02:40:48 PM »
I agree, that this season looks bleak if Boothe is injure prone, however if it is true that Paris has been working on his PG skills this may be a blessing in disguise , he would bring more to the table than Boothe if he has improved his PG skills 
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Poison

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 03:07:20 PM »
I agree, that this season looks bleak if Boothe is injure prone, however if it is true that Paris has been working on his PG skills this may be a blessing in disguise , he would bring more to the table than Boothe if he has improved his PG skills 

What about Paris' passing skills? I don't remember him running any plays last year.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 03:46:37 PM by Poison »

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 03:51:53 PM »
What about Paris' passing skills? I don't remember him running any plays last year.

Or passing.  His passing rate was near non-existent.  But he, if he can actually dribble, be an interesting pg option, since he can shoot.

Edit Jumpinjohnny: Fixed Quote
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 04:50:30 PM by jumpinjohnny »

Marillac

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 09:18:50 PM »

Paris looked good in the open court and burying himself in the corner for open three's, but he was inept at best in the halfcourt offense.  If Paris Horne was our starting PG, we wouldn't win three games.

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2008, 10:28:59 PM »
ill try and get some info on this tomorrow

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2008, 11:09:37 PM »

Paris looked good in the open court and burying himself in the corner for open three's, but he was inept at best in the halfcourt offense.  If Paris Horne was our starting PG, we wouldn't win three games.

Paris couldn't shoot off the dribble it was catch and shoot if not he overshot everything. Hopefully he's grown into his body a little bit more. He said he was shooting about 500 shots a day this offseason.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 11:27:12 PM »

1.   Boothe
2.   Burrell
3.   Mase
4.   Evans
5.   DJ
6.   Paris
7.   RT
8.   Coker
10.  Roberts
11.  Wait
12.  Duell
13.  TJ
We're likely to have another losing season no matter what, but I'd have to put Burrell, Mason, and Kennedy as more important. Without Burrell, there is no post player that other teams have to plan against.  On a team largely devoid of scoring options, Mason and Kennedy have proven to be our most capable.

We're operating from a position of weakness when the program is dependent upon a diminutive sophomore point guard, who misses roughly 70%, to take the reigns over from the worst four-year starter in the history of the program, with a Kentucky freshman, also with minimal high-major interest, waiting in the wings.

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 12:17:42 AM »
Don't worry come late feb. when we are in 14th place norm will say "if we were healthy we could of made some noise, wait till next year when we are at full strength and our young guys mature"

Poison

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 07:42:36 AM »

1.   Boothe
2.   Burrell
3.   Mase
4.   Evans
5.   DJ
6.   Paris
7.   RT
8.   Coker
10.  Roberts
11.  Wait
12.  Duell
13.  TJ
We're likely to have another losing season no matter what, but I'd have to put Burrell, Mason, and Kennedy as more important. Without Burrell, there is no post player that other teams have to plan against.  On a team largely devoid of scoring options, Mason and Kennedy have proven to be our most capable.

We're operating from a position of weakness when the program is dependent upon a diminutive sophomore point guard, who misses roughly 70%, to take the reigns over from the worst four-year starter in the history of the program, with a Kentucky freshman, also with minimal high-major interest, waiting in the wings.

I thought Tarik Turner was worse. Not by much, but he was actually worse than Geno.
Tarik didn't outplay anyone while he was here. At any level.

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 10:16:34 AM »
lol Tarik was the only pg I've ever seen who, with no defender near him, would pick up his dribble in the backcourt. It was as if the mid-court line frightened him. Oh man, we used to scream in frustration in the stands.

Marillac

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 11:09:42 AM »

1.   Boothe
2.   Burrell
3.   Mase
4.   Evans
5.   DJ
6.   Paris
7.   RT
8.   Coker
10.  Roberts
11.  Wait
12.  Duell
13.  TJ

I thought Tarik Turner was worse. Not by much, but he was actually worse than Geno.
Tarik didn't outplay anyone while he was here. At any level.

Tarik Turner was the worst St. John's starter I ever witnessed and sooooooo much worse than Geno.